Niagara Fisherman Killed

smerchly

I hope he died instantly in that horrific crash . Drunk driving seems to be on the increase . We will see how much time the guy gets today for killing four in that other horrific crash . We have to drive defensively and be ready to react quickly . As Gunner said " It didn't have to happen " . These things happen in an instant.... and another life is gone .....

Hits really close to home when I think about how many times my buddies and I have driven that same route at the same time to go fishing at the Niagara...could just as easily been one of us...

My condolences to both his biological family and his fishing family...RIP

Condolence to his family as well. Too many innocent lives lost due to drunk driving incident.

I knew a Lady whose Husband was killed 15 years ago, when he was hit by a drunk driver women, and his body was dragged under a van for a while before someone witness and reported the incident. The drunk driver was convicted and jailed for just few years. 10 years after the incident, The drunk driver lady had her name changed and was seen driving again in GTA. The same reporter had been following the case and reported her driving issue on the TO star news, yet nothing was done by our justice system, to ensure she does not commit a similar crime again .

Once someone has been in prison and not considered a dangerous offender, they get other privileges such as free education or cable, house arrest, or day time out-of-jail privileges. Our justice system are not always fair. Conrad Black and other well connected white collar criminals, can get out after less then 4 years in jail, and he still had the millions that he had stolen from share holders, where the money was stored in some Swiss banks.

The recent drunk driving ( his father was a famous guy) verdict that just came out few days ago, the fellow is illegible for parole in 3.5 years, in spite of him killing 4 innocent victims. One reason drunk drivers continue to exist, the limited punishment they get will not deter the urge for others to drink and drive. If the punishment was to get their driving hands to be cut off, it could save our justice system a lot more money from not having them to stay in jail that long, and more respect for our court system. the offender would never forget his crime when he sees his missing hand, and others would know who he was.

Edited by fishfight

I agree with you fishfight , but a little harsh for our society to deduct limbs for punishment . The medical bills may outweigh the jail time in the end . Money talks , yes , but I think the people have more say (clout) now through the social media . When things go viral as they say , I'm sure that public opinions get back to those in power . And I'll say this ....not defending this guy one bit , but I'm sure many of us have driven while under the influence , some at higher speeds than posted , and have gotten home safely without killing someone . This guy really pushed his "luck" and lost big time . Now, he not only loses prime years of his life in jail , he must live with his conscience forever . Tragic story all around .....