What The Heck Was Swimming In Martindale Pond?

RaedwulfFisher

Was just bobber fishing for some sunfish and.....saw...what at first I thought...was a trout.....swimming right at the surface..right at the shore......it had a red stripe across its body head to tail..and a v shaped tail.........I....are there..trout in there?

There is a chance. Basically if it swims in Erie it could be in Martindale due to how everything feeds on through.

In martindale itself they would be a luck catch but the story says there are browns in the 12.

There are also enough people who lift salmon and trout over the falls.

Was told PIKE were in there..and seeing it being the size it is..I couldn't imagine musky/pike living together being top predators in small area...but..guess I'm wrong....thats some pretty awesome diversity..lovely spot to fish

Was told PIKE were in there..and seeing it being the size it is..I couldn't imagine musky/pike living together being top predators in small area...but..guess I'm wrong....thats some pretty awesome diversity..lovely spot to fish

Pike are common to be honest. Was bobber fishing for pannies and got a monster last year. Personal best. Always fun fishing martindale.

Yes seen many a pike caught in martindale in my youth. Muskie, always a chance as it is connected with the great lakes. Heard of the odd muskie being caught in Lake Gibson over the years.

Musky are in the system from L.Erie to L.Ontario . Therefore , according to Hoyle , I would think there are also sturgeon in these waters also .....The 12 Mile has a few spots that may hold them , but I haven't heard about any being caught .

I'm not too shabby at catching musky..used to catch them at Lake Scugog...the irony is I caught my biggest musky with a worm catching panfish.

So yesterday was shore fishing for sunfish and they just nibble your worm off the hook even on small hooks..theyre like worm ninjas.

So I casted out as far as I could.

Kept catching bigger sized bluegill..theyre more aggressive the further you cast....I never thought there'd be any noticeable difference

by the way how deep are the ponds? is there any good structure down there I should be aware of?

I had a pike down the GR put a nice tooth mark in my paddle tail. Happy enough to see that most of the guys I see catching pike down the trail put them back despite how many times they've been bitten off targeting crappie or how ticked they are that the bite has turned off "because a pike is in the area"

I always put the fish back. I just can't ever see myself slicing a fish up for dinner..it..I dunno..doesn't feel right I guess. To each their own though. I love fishing because it's a thrill and even when you're targeting a certain fish not knowing what is on the other end is so exciting..especially when you hook something big and heavy and it's fighting and it could be a few things..watching it become visible as you near it to you.

Fish are beautiful..I handle then with care and put them back in the water

Archived