Is There Any Crucian Carp Around Niagara Area?

Fresh Fish

Haven't caught haven't seen one it would be neat to catch one it might be possible there not rely from here but neither are grass carp but they seem to be

showing up hear and there

dead link no picture. I'd love to see it

Google crucian carp British Columbia , some info on this invasive fish . If Asian carp are here , I wouldn't be surprised to catch a crucian carp on my flea infested line .

This link is interesting ....these carp have the ability to "morph" against predator fish by building their bodies stronger to make fast escapes . Experiments in ponds have shown this to happen . ....mother nature at work , over time ...scroll down for the picture.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/275/1631/195

• 3 weeks later...

A few have been pulled out of the upper.  There are always a few in the marinas in the area.  I recall seeing some in a pond off of glendale as well.  Could not get them to chase my lures since they probably don't see pike lures as food.

1 hour ago, Snags said:

A few have been pulled out of the upper.  There are always a few in the marinas in the area.  I recall seeing some in a pond off of glendale as well.  Could not get them to chase my lures since they probably don't see pike lures as food.

:thx:

I'll try then post the way to catch.....BTW,  Miller's Creek marina ?

• 1 month later...

Archived