who else has started the troll for Pickerel

Fonthill

Been out a few times . both daytime and night . So far only 1 pickerel has made it into the boat, caught last night off of windmill point in 28ft.We marked a ton of fish just no takers

anyone else having better luck?

I got 2 last week in the same 27-29 fow but was fishing the other side of the lake. I'm going to try this side on Saturday. Will let you know how we do. 

Good luck ??????

Dave & Anna

I'm going to try Port Colborne only because I'm going to do my first tournament around there in a couple weeks. I don't know if that's the best place to start but have to start somewhere. I got 2 last week in the western basin 27-29 fow but that's deep for the western basin. Port Colborne may still be too deep we will see. The 2 I caught last week in the western basin were on worm harnesses and 2 feet off the bottom super slow 1.0 mph. Water is heating up so.....my thoughts are they will start moving deeper. I just don't have a starting point for the eastern basin yet.

I will let you know what I find please do the same. 

Best fishing ????

Dave & Anna

Launch at Crystal Beach ( behind the Palmwood hotel), purchase a New York State License and head toward the windmills.  It might be a bit early but when the bite is on you will see about 200 boats fishing that location.  It is no secret.

On 01/06/2016 at 2:45 PM, WalleyeChaser said:

I'm Gonna start nxt wknd.thats the plan anyways 

Where Is Waverly shoal Is it near Crystal Beach

4 hours ago, Flyfisher said:

On a map it would be west

of the mouth of the niagara river ,on the Canadian side of the line  about 11/2 miles off waverly beach

Fonthill is right that's exactly where Waverly shoal is. You might want to look into some lake maps ex. Lake Master or Navionics there are both amazing. They show your everything, names of everything and the USA/CAN line and more. Before I got the maps I was lost as to all the place people where talking about. They are great tools and not to expensive. If it's not in the cards right now I will help you as much as I can just shoot me a message.

Good luck fishing ????

Dave & Anna

I was thinking the same thing Walleye Chaser. I will let you know how it works out tomorrow. ?

good luck fishing ????

Dave & Anna

On Friday, June 03, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Flyfisher said:

Launch off CB turn your boat straight away from the launch and power up, you'll cross it in about 4miles as you head towards the windmills off Buffalo,,, F/F will run 40-50 FOW then 23FOW your on it.....

Cheers Bic....

Thanks for the Info. Im not sure if I feel comfortable venturing out that far. I only have a 14 ft. boat and don"t have much experience with big water trolling. I may have to try in the River. I hear they get walleye near the train bridge

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, deetch said:

Walleye always start East and migrate West, this is the cycle it never changes

What about the fish that start in the middle and head east......or like last year not too many came east till late.  Most picks stay on our side of the woods once they arrive.  Not all head back west (Penn fish).  Eastern basin fish mostly stay in the eastern basin as there are the migratory fish and the locals.........although the migratory fish sometimes stay east and never head west again....  What about the west fish that start west and move east and then come back west again and then head north....

LOL

Maybe this string should head south?

Archived