NOT TO SMART

gunner-2

Typical story in today's T.O. Sun about why wild animals need to be managed .....  MNR(M)  Ministry of Natural Resources Management 

the "killer"  is a 76 year old woman .......and this story is more common than most know.......

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/07/ont-senior-faces-investigation-after-fatally-shooting-black-bear-bothering-young-mom

Very interesting first thing what is the M.N.R doing waiting for one of these bears to attack someone or a family pet before they do something and 8 other people had shot bears in there yard and nothing happened to them something not right Ya black bears can get aggressive but they are the teddy bears of all bears and at the most time will only get aggressive if there where cubs around BUT i don't think that they needed to kill the bear they could have just shot it in the butt with a shot gun with bird shot this would have only stung the bear and probably it would have ran off and if the bear came back hit him again then only strike 3 your out i'm not saying they were wrong for killing the bear but there are other steps they could have taken first The M.N.R say that only an experienced hunter should shoot the bear but from what i got this person is an experienced hunter 

and the cops were to harsh on them as in time something can go very wrong and deadly But yes this is why wildlife has to be managed things can get out of control fast as populations get to be too high and bears start to show no fear of humans 

this forum needed a  bit of life in it again...personally i dont care who or what you hunt....good times though...lol good day folks if you folks want to ban me i will get over it..after time of course...lol...serious man forums are the only place where your "unconditional" freedom of speech is met with people hyperventilating...lol good times boys ..peace..ok maybe not the only place...laugh out loud

I don't think banning you would be the right thing to do ....hope you stay . I understand why some people  are against hunting . We see animals in a different light at zoos , photos from naturalists , and even stories from our childhood , like Goldilocks , Bambi , etc. People ....including me do not like to see the brutal ways of mother nature , like a bear grabbing a baby moose from it's mother and ........    I think a gun shows more mercy .....but not always .....

No hyperventilating here Schips ......just getting the other views out there .  Debating without malice is good .  Happy fishing  :Gonefishing:

Cheers !   B)

the only thing i disagree with...the point of population control...that point at its core is not correct. who are we to govern how many bears should live or die..10,000 years ago the bears we just fine without our sensus process...we are the ones that invetiably ruin/ruined thier habitat and are forcing them to either decrease thier population or dwell in overcrowded portions of land due to our constant desire to destroy every inch of forest for houses and human sprawl.

let the flood gates open again....

the only thing i disagree with...the point of population control...that point at its core is not correct. who are we to govern how many bears should live or die..10,000 years ago the bears were just fine without our sensus process...we are the ones that inevitably ruin/ruined thier habitat and are forcing them to either decrease thier population or dwell in overcrowded portions of land due to our constant desire to destroy every inch of forest for houses and human sprawl.

11 minutes ago, schnipster said:

the only thing i disagree with...the point of population control...that point at its core is not correct. who are we to govern how many bears should live or die..10,000 years ago the bears we just fine without our sensus process...we are the ones that invetiably ruin/ruined thier habitat and are forcing them to either decrease thier population or dwell in overcrowded portions of land due to our constant desire to destroy every inch of forest for houses and human sprawl.

I understand what you are saying schnipster we are in reality the invaders i to do not like to see animals killed because it wanders into some ones back yard looking for food

it sickens me that the M.N.R did nothing to prevent this from happening and i'm sure they new what was going to happen next .And i too hate to see all the forests cut down for development But even 10,000 years ago when cavemen/primates/ were around if these bears came into there villages i'm sure they did the same thing and  they must have ate the bear just as these people did it didn't go to wast i still say i blame M.N.R they could have set traps and relocated but with hunting it will keep things at a healthy balance.Banning you from hear is not the right thing to do there are two sides to this story and it's something that hunters and non hunters will always face. All is good and some of your points are just as valid as mine or any one else's don't leave the forum because of this

Guest brookie slayer

You came on a hunting forum with "why hunt at all"...you should expect some backlash....now you say you don't care if we hunt?   Make up your mind...maybe you'd change your view on the subject if one of those"dump bears" destroyed your home or cottage or even worse attacked or killed one of your children for waiting for the bus or playing in their yard...if you think all hunters are cold blooded killers with no respect for wildlife you are wrong...."who are we to govern how many bears should live or die"...well we as humans have altered the landscape so much to the point where we have to have proper game management steps in place..that's the world we live in now....it's not 10 000 years ago....measures have to be taken..you need to understand hunting a little more and look past the act of "harvesting" an animal "for fun"..that's not what it's about...and a lot of bears are killed by vehicles.so should we all stop driving?

44 minutes ago, brookie slayer said:

You came on a hunting forum with "why hunt at all"...you should expect some backlash....now you say you don't care if we hunt?   Make up your mind...maybe you'd change your view on the subject if one of those"dump bears" destroyed your home or cottage or even worse attacked or killed one of your children for waiting for the bus or playing in their yard...if you think all hunters are cold blooded killers with no respect for wildlife you are wrong...."who are we to govern how many bears should live or die"...well we as humans have altered the landscape so much to the point where we have to have proper game management steps in place..that's the world we live in now....it's not 10 000 years ago....measures have to be taken..you need to understand hunting a little more and look past the act of "harvesting" an animal "for fun"..that's not what it's about...and a lot of bears are killed by vehicles.so should we all stop driving?

"  a lot of bears are killed by vehicles " ....  another big killer of wildlife  . Many drivers like to push the speed limits after dark . The faster we drive the more animals are killed on our roads,  simply because they have less time to escape . Many are blinded by the bright lights and are oblivious to oncoming vehicles  . Slowing down would help save their lives & use the horn to move them off the roads .  Now we have the monster windmills which I'm sure are killing thousands of birds of all sizes ........  Human population explosion is the leader by far of the impending extinction of many wildlife species .

Brookie slayer...slow your roll...my mind was never "unmade"  look outside the box...instead of proving me right. Again i dont care if you hunt people..i wont be replying to your reply..i am letting you know..i am far above pissing contests..just wanted a bit of fun and add a bit of life to this otherwise dorment forum..ps lets take this out on some brookies..ool..i will bring my antlers

On 9/11/2016 at 4:10 PM, schnipster said:

i am letting you know..i am far above pissing contests..

Says the guy who clearly went out of his way to start this pissing contest. Right...

Archived