fishing the Pool before work

roman

HI guys,

I went down the Niagara river this morning, at the Pool's area. I got a couple of SM on different spoons and spinners, but I got lot of weed while retrieving<_<. my biggest was a this little one 5lb, 16", my biggest SM so far:). I know, should not hold it that way but I did it only for the pic and I only have 2 hands, I always bring a net and I unhook and measure it while it is in the net and water, I really do respect the nature and what leaves in it :worthy:. ( I usually bring a rubbish bag with me when I go finishing and I'm very sad to see all the doo-doo that people leave behind them. By the way, there is sooooooo many plastic stuff at the far right side of the Pool where the rapids start :angry:).

Oh, where I was, there was around 6 big SM staying at the same spot just in front of me, I tried every thing I have to get them spoons, spinners, different plastic minnows, crawfish, tubes..... but they did not care AT ALL!!!! I lost 1H trying to get them, lol. I really like the area of the river but it is quite a work out to get there, especially to come back! So this was my little morning fishing before going to work.

Have a good one every one.

fish2.jpg

I actually wanted to mention that I bring a rubbish bag to put all kind of garbage that I find on my way back in it and I encourage every one to do so, please. I also see a lot of fisher men throwing their garbage on the ground and have no respect!!!!! We already live in a giant dumping ground so please don't make it worst :worthy: 

Thank you.

Nice bass Roman ,  and don't worry about the hold .....that's the usual way I see them "handled" . Those stubborn bass might have taken a live leech , or even a lively worm if you had access to any .

....and the garbage .......our planet is one huge garbage pit with plastics being the biggest invader and fishing line/hooks causing many animals & birds to die needlessly . Good on ya for doing your part .

Good job Roman Nice bass it's sad to see what people leave behind at many fishing spots some people you just cant educate and they sit and wonder why we loose so many 

fishing/ spots if you can pack it in pack it out it's good to see you are not one of them just think it could have been you that saved a fishing spot by caring now only if the other 

half of people would think that way good job and good luck on the rest of your season

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:44 PM, roman said:

By the way, there is sooooooo many plastic stuff at the far right side of the Pool where the rapids start :angry:.

This is what I was talking about, in the pic we cannot really see how bad it is a real DUMP!!!! and it's the same thing on the other corner of the Pool, I wish that Niagara Falls City and all those company that bring more tourists to the Falls could hire around 50 people once or twice a week to go down the river, from the very left end of the Niagara Glen Nature Reserve hiking area to the White Water Walk (Not sure if we are allowed to go further than that). Or organize a volunteer thing once or twice a month during the hot touristic season, 3 group of people that take care 3 different zones (I can make a map and provide details) it would be a pleasure for me to be part of it but a lot of people are needed since there is lot of garbage and it's a pretty big area to cover...

So if there is someone that is important enough or have enough influence in the forum and wants to be on the first page of the news paper or maybe TV news, how knows, feel free to start this up and be even more important. As I always say to my friends "je ne me bat pas pour la Porsche mais pour un meilleur monde, avec mes petits bras" (I don't fight for the Porsche but for a better world with my little arms).

garbage 2.jpg

Garbage.jpg

We have done cleanups at the Pool , and what a chore lugging it up the steps ....need a marine chopper to take it all out . This garbage may have come from Toledo Ohio , New York and Ontario from Lake Erie and anywhere along the River . Imagine how much ended up in L.Ontario or on the bottom of the river-lakes. We are a plastic bottle-container society and we have too many pigs among us ......Years ago , we had people working for the cities picking up trash and keeping our parks-waterways clean . We would need to hire an army to clean after the slobs out there today .....thanks for taking the time to make the maps ! 

......another environmentally friendly smerch rant ....

26 minutes ago, smerchly said:

We have done cleanups at the Pool , and what a chore lugging it up the steps ....need a marine chopper to take it all out . This garbage may have come from Toledo Ohio , New York and Ontario from Lake Erie and anywhere along the River . Imagine how much ended up in L.Ontario or on the bottom of the river-lakes. We are a plastic bottle-container society and we have too many pigs among us ......Years ago , we had people working for the cities picking up trash and keeping our parks-waterways clean . We would need to hire an army to clean after the slobs out there today .....thanks for taking the time to make the maps ! 

I figured that it has be done in the past but it is not a reason for not doing it anymore! I have been going to the Pool area regularly for the past 2 1/2 years and I have never seen anyone cleaning up down there. Maybe they should do a new attraction for the tourists "Save our water" lol.

It's true climbing the stairs with the bags full of garbage is not easy, I do it often enough to know that, be I see these guys that keeps going up and down the stairs, they can help and they will have a nice workout. As I said if some one important enough spread the work and take care of this we can have a little army. they is a solution for every thing, just need to never give up and eventually some thing good will happen.

Thank you for replying.

22 minutes ago, roman said:

I figured that it has be done in the past but it is not a reason for not doing it anymore! I have been going to the Pool area regularly for the past 2 1/2 years and I have never seen anyone cleaning up down there. Maybe they should do a new attraction for the tourists "Save our water" lol.

It's true climbing the stairs with the bags full of garbage is not easy, I do it often enough to know that, be I see these guys that keeps going up and down the stairs, they can help and they will have a nice workout. As I said if some one important enough spread the work and take care of this we can have a little army. they is a solution for every thing, just need to never give up and eventually some thing good will happen.

Thank you for replying.

ooooops, sorry I'm a little tired:

...spread the word* and...    

...there* is a solution for..

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

I went through couple topics regarding cleanups and I saw that the last one was in 2013 and 2012.

Niagara Glen Clean Up Date! ChefMick posted a topic

Whirlpool GarbageCleanup (The Aftermath) niagarangler89 posted a topic 

you were part of the crew and I thank you a lot for that as well as al the people that helped you that day.

But yeah you right we need a loooooot more people than you had for that day,

Thank you again.

No matter what you do in that spot you will never get it clean. The water goes up and down and its one of the first big back eddies for things to collect up on shore. That stuff comes from all over Lake Erie, Upper Niagara and Niagara Falls.

22 minutes ago, tmate said:

No matter what you do in that spot you will never get it clean. The water goes up and down and its one of the first big back eddies for things to collect up on shore. That stuff comes from all over Lake Erie, Upper Niagara and Niagara Falls.

I'm sorry but you're wrong, it just need to be done regularly. Persistence always pays off...

I see what you're getting at Roman but Tyler is right, the garbage is not directly placed there by humans. Cleaning up can't hurt though, as eventually that garbage will end up back in the river when the water raises. Theoretically, all the garbage in the great lakes basin will end up in the niagara 

3 hours ago, Catfish said:

I see what you're getting at Roman but Tyler is right, the garbage is not directly placed there by humans. Cleaning up can't hurt though, as eventually that garbage will end up back in the river when the water raises. Theoretically, all the garbage in the great lakes basin will end up in the niagara 

I'm completely aware of what you and Tyler are saying, it's basically a story with no end... One more reason to start as soon as possible and never stop.

This is a life long fight...

20 hours ago, roman said:

I'm completely aware of what you and Tyler are saying, it's basically a story with no end... One more reason to start as soon as possible and never stop.

This is a life long fight...

There have been a bunch of people who go down and bag all the garbage down there and then leave it to sit in garbage bags because it's too hard to carry up. These bags end up sitting there for months and then get ripped open by animals or float off when the water gets high. I'd love to see a nice clean river but its impossible in that location.

On 2 September, 2016 at 7:41 PM, roman said:

This is what I was talking about, in the pic we cannot really see how bad it is a real DUMP!!!! and it's the same thing on the other corner of the Pool, I wish that Niagara Falls City and all those company that bring more tourists to the Falls could hire around 50 people once or twice a week to go down the river, from the very left end of the Niagara Glen Nature Reserve hiking area to the White Water Walk (Not sure if we are allowed to go further than that). Or organize a volunteer thing once or twice a month during the hot touristic season, 3 group of people that take care 3 different zones (I can make a map and provide details) it would be a pleasure for me to be part of it but a lot of people are needed since there is lot of garbage and it's a pretty big area to cover...

So if there is someone that is important enough or have enough influence in the forum and wants to be on the first page of the news paper or maybe TV news, how knows, feel free to start this up and be even more important. As I always say to my friends "je ne me bat pas pour la Porsche mais pour un meilleur monde, avec mes petits bras" (I don't fight for the Porsche but for a better world with my little arms).

garbage 2.jpg

Garbage.jpgTheres a piss jug in this pic...or a heavily bozed up rye and coke!

That pile of trash is probably less than 1% of what gets washed out to the lake ......  and we can't blame all fishermen for this mess  , just the ones who are brain dead......:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived