Salmon...who is fishing

cplummer

Port Hope has been getting better. The shietshow  upstream will end on the 30th. Water temps are dropping, fishing is improving. Skien bite is starting to heat up. The town cops have been out showing themselves in full force this year to put an end to the barrage of non ethical people ( I can't call them fishermen as they aren't anglers). Over 65 charges have been laid in the past 3 weeks. 40 of them fishing related.

They are making a difference!

Best charges to date:

1 man charged for no fishing license @ 7AM.  Same man charged for no fishing license @ 11:30AM, fishing rod confiscated. Same man again charged for no fishing license, 3 remaining rods and all fishing tackle forfeited to the crown and another ticket for no fishing license.

3 Quebec Residents charged for camping on town property. Same 3 charged several hours later for drinking other than residence. Same 3 charged for disturbance later that night. One man was so drunk and belligerent, the police took him into custody. The other guy didn't think it was right so he argued with the cop and he too was taken into custody.  The lady packed up all the crap they had and drove up to the police station to get her friends out of jail the next morning. She got charged for impaired driving!

13 minutes ago, Tacklelogic said:

Port Hope has been getting better. The shietshow  upstream will end on the 30th. Water temps are dropping, fishing is improving. Skien bite is starting to heat up. The town cops have been out showing themselves in full force this year to put an end to the barrage of non ethical people ( I can't call them fishermen as they aren't anglers). Over 65 charges have been laid in the past 3 weeks. 40 of them fishing related.

They are making a difference!

Best charges to date:

1 man charged for no fishing license @ 7AM.  Same man charged for no fishing license @ 11:30AM, fishing rod confiscated. Same man again charged for no fishing license, 3 remaining rods and all fishing tackle forfeited to the crown and another ticket for no fishing license.

3 Quebec Residents charged for camping on town property. Same 3 charged several hours later for drinking other than residence. Same 3 charged for disturbance later that night. One man was so drunk and belligerent, the police took him into custody. The other guy didn't think it was right so he argued with the cop and he too was taken into custody.  The lady packed up all the crap they had and drove up to the police station to get her friends out of jail the next morning. She got charged for impaired driving!

awesome it's good to see these guys are getting caught i can see that these are the kind of guys that don't give a crap about anything 

I've been out a couple times chucking spoons with nothing to show for it. I keep on finding myself in the yak dragging tubes for smallies instead!

Got out last night. My son, myself and my friend Angela all had hits at the boat with no hookups. I finally hooked up. I'll try to post later today. Female full of eggs. My son finished the fight and I netted it. It was awesome. Highlight was a musky cruising the surface beside the boat!  

This was my catch last night off an eastern pier, a 20+ lb female release. No one to take picture, so I use my 12" shoe size to estimate the size of my catch. Not much anglers fishing the pier any more.  I have landed only 10 and lost at least 20 more. Due to unpredictable weather pattern, my success landing numbers were only half compared to last year . I was able to land 20 within the season.

All fish I had landed this year were casting with heavy glow spoon, I lost two fish through coarse fishing technique. 

https://pix.sfly.com/fMc_X_

Since the weather has been warmer than normal in Aug and sept, salmon migrating pattern also seemed to be unpredictable, it has been On and Off on the East . I would presume East run is almost over in 1-2 more weeks time.  Fish cannot wait and will migrate towards Niagara area soon.

7 hours ago, smerchly said:

Way to go , I hope it out out a good scrap in that fast water .   I brightened it up a tad with my Picasa tools .......

iCfRH5FzpwJ-K7bTZUa9aoqNYmopdz9NxA_3KWWy

Thank you so much for the pic, you're the man. :worthy:

Yeah,  it was a big fight. I was scared few time to loose it when it took a run in that current! 

Archived