The river

fredfisher

2 hours ago, Canalinvader said:

Who wants a pic of a dirty greaser pooping all over you anyways?   Oh yea the guys that cant get the bows ?

sorry I'm not a snobby "bow eliteist"  I have respect for all fish in the river.   guess you probably don't like brown trout either? 

Thats great. Again youre splitting hairs here sure thats fine u got a go pro congrats sweet you film and post all the fish you catch because you need someone to tell you good job.  But if you post that video or pic now youre in another category.  Stop arguing it its the law all youre doing is giving people the go ahead to take oos and snagged fish pics. You take pics of your snagged fish too? Hold the lure or bead in the top fin and smile!  Chhheeeeese!

i dont recall even mentioning snagging, maybe you feel guilty about something?

i also mentioned you don't need  a go pro, just get a mate of yours to take a picture while the fish is in the water.  Not a hard concept to pick up.  You might get it eventually.  

Another concept .....guys catching trout , salmon or ? from a 6' high wall with a long handle net . The fish is flippin'&flopping in the net while the hook is removed , then chucked back into the drink . Saw a laker landed on the rocky shore , flippn' & floppin in the net on the rocks .....too dangerous to get too close to the swift water . In the meantime , pictures can be taken whether in or out of season . This is normal for areas like that & the pictures are rarely posted . We do like wise when carp fishing .....:Gonefishing:

Photos of Fish

Fish are not more endangered or less endangered when they are out of season compared to in season for a photo, the seasons are to help with their population and breeding.  If you want to snap a photo do so, but if the camera is not ready, pass no matter if the fish is in season or out of season.  If the fish is out of season, try not to post it, it may be a fish of a lifetime, but posting it will definitely cause a stir in the online forums.

Fisherpeople Morals

Don't talk morals, as morals are different for everyone.  In my book stealing is wrong, a colleague used to do it to help him get by, so in his mind there was no wrong if he was able to survive on it.  Morals vary region to region, culture to culture.  If morals were so important more poeple would carry muskie nets, or proper long handled nets for many areas, let alone there would be much more care removing hooks, and people would return undersized fish back as opposed to keeping them because they can.

The MNR Posting on NFN

There is the potential for verification concerns.  Also there is too much room for interpretation to occur based on their answers and the possibility of things being taken out of context.  The last thing the MNR would want is someone claiming their violation was acceptable based on the answer someone from the MNR posted in an online forum.  I would love to see the MNR with an active member on here, but for the most part it does make sense why they wouldn't.

Unfortunately the internet and this site has plenty of misinformation on it because of people's interpretations and understanding of things.  Hence why this site has slowed down huge over the years, people are tired of all the bitching and moaning when there is a situation they do not agree with.  I have seen new posters join the forums, put up a great first few posts, get jumped on, and disappear.

10 hours ago, snakeman4 said:

sorry I'm not a snobby "bow eliteist"  I have respect for all fish in the river.   guess you probably don't like brown trout either? 

i dont recall even mentioning snagging, maybe you feel guilty about something?

i also mentioned you don't need  a go pro, just get a mate of yours to take a picture while the fish is in the water.  Not a hard concept to pick up.  You might get it eventually.  

Lmao nice try.  Listen man if you take pics of oos fish then whats the diff of a snagged fish?  What the f are you talking about do i feel guilty about something..... I was talking about you taking and posting your oos fish how do i feel guilty and no i dont take pics of oos or snagged fish i have morals so i have nothing to feel guilty about. 

And if you actually learn how to read you can see that i agree with you saying get your buddy to take a pic but dont post it and dont hold it up to the cam just a quick release shot or something but even then..... lame

'Not a hard concept' dont take pics of oos fish or youre just as bad as a snagger or flosser.

A simple question was asked and a couple of answers to that question the question was what kind of fish could this be not what's the law on oosf or snagging 

or how to take a pic of an oosf the bottom line is what the  law the M.N.R says no one on here has the right to tell anyone what they can and can't do

unless you have a badge and have the proof that you are the law or if your one of the staff if you don't believe in taking  pics that's your right and if the law says no pics of oosf no

exceptions and someone does and posts it well then eventually it will catch up with them but the law has been posted 2 times in this post and the law is what it is like it or not

so unless you can help ff with his question this rant stops right here

25 minutes ago, gunner-2 said:

A simple question was asked and a couple of answers to that question the question was what kind of fish could this be not what's the law on oosf or snagging 

or how to take a pic of an oosf the bottom line is what the  law the M.N.R says no one on here has the right to tell anyone what they can and can't do

unless you have a badge and have the proof that you are the law or if your one of the staff if you don't believe in taking  pics that's your right and if the law says no pics of oosf no

exceptions and someone does and posts it well then eventually it will catch up with them but the law has been posted 2 times in this post and the law is what it is like it or not

so unless you can help ff with his question this rant stops right here

So we are strictley forbidden to speak about anything else other than the topic? Under penalty of death?  Wow didnt know this forum had mods from north korea.... Relax dude called a discussion and it all stems from what he was talking about in the first place.  You all complain about how this forum sucks now well the mods dont let anyone say what they want to its all controlled maybe that the problem.  Everyone complains about me but every topic ive posted in has more then 1 page of actual discussion and opinions.  Maybe you want the forum to be more like heres a pix of my fish i caught it here using this please come crowd my spots and tell me im such a good fisherman i need that kind of encouragment then other can post

woooe nice fish dude

Sweet fish

Yea nice going!

Or you can have real conversation

7 hours ago, Canalinvader said:

So we are strictley forbidden to speak about anything else other than the topic? Under penalty of death?  Wow didnt know this forum had mods from north korea.... Relax dude called a discussion and it all stems from what he was talking about in the first place.  You all complain about how this forum sucks now well the mods dont let anyone say what they want to its all controlled maybe that the problem.  Everyone complains about me but every topic ive posted in has more then 1 page of actual discussion and opinions.  Maybe you want the forum to be more like heres a pix of my fish i caught it here using this please come crowd my spots and tell me im such a good fisherman i need that kind of encouragment then other can post

woooe nice fish dude

Sweet fish

Yea nice going!

Or you can have real conversation

Everyone complains about you for a reason man. Just stop, its annoying. Chill out and go wet a line. Lol

31 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

Everyone complains about you for a reason man. Just stop, its annoying. Chill out and go wet a line. Lol

It's nice to have a newbie posting here giving us expert advice from fishing reel repair to ethics & morals . I now feel guilty, lame & a loser as I have taken pictures of either oos or protected species (sturgeon) . I will no longer use live minnows , worms or maggots since they have a right to live . I'll pinch all the barbs on my hooks and not use lead of any sort . As for eating fish .....I'll "dispatch" each fish as quickly as possible ( Louisville Slugger) and continue to pick up fishing line & garbage (except butts) as I have been doing for years .  I could write about many ways how fish are abused but I have learned to chill out & let it be ......  Peace bro's .    :Gonefishing:

Lol yea im a bit harsh just the way i am dont gota like it. trust me i dont need new friends haha. You can take it whatever way you want what im saying is posting those oos pics is wrong.  You have to understand the internet is a dangerous place be smart enough to do the right thing.  Deep down inside you all know im right you just want to battle me, and thats fine

Lol yea im a bit harsh just the way i am dont gota like it. trust me i dont need new friends haha. You can take it whatever way you want what im saying is posting those oos pics is wrong.  You have to understand the internet is a dangerous place be smart enough to do the right thing.  Deep down inside you all know im right you just want to battle me, and thats fine

Sorry if I may have misinterpreted about posting oos  pictures of fish . I now agree that is right . I was referring to taking a quick picture for your own files . I believe we have an understanding here not to post oos fish .   Yea , you are a bit harsh in your use of labeling people but I guess you like to battle both fish and man  lol

......and now back to the other battle .....Fred ,  let us know when you finally land one of those monsters !   :):)

Archived