Where Can I Find Catfish/Pike/Bass in St. Catharines/Thorold

Ilovecatfish

I've fished a lot of thorold south but it seems to be getting really dead/people littering all the time. Lake gibson has a lot of people at it 24/7 , ive seen a few pike pulled out but nothing huge. I caught a 35 pound carp out of the main thorold pond with the hydro towers. But other than that i can't catch a catfish up here to save my life. Just moved up here about a year ago and finally got to pick up a rod. If you know any good places to fish for my select fish please let me know! :)

If you have a car the Welland River is good for cats . You can try Lake Moodie (behind Brock U.) , we got channel cats near the far west side close to where the water goes down to the hydro gen. plant just below , using worms . I have got some good channel cats in the 12 Mile Creek also at some spots with mud bottoms ,including the Root Beer spot downtown . They are basically everywhere .....Charles Daley Park , Jordan Harbour , Port Dalhousie harbour .  Try using shrimp or other catfish baits too . Right now , you can't beat the Grand River at Dunneville for big channels .  Good Luck loverofcats :Gonefishing:

As these guys have most of the spots covered as smerch said get some shrimp chicken liver or cut bait (sucker) and do some fishing at night thats when the big boys come out to play you can get them in the day but night has always been the best for me more bigger fish give it a try i do all my cat fishing after dark

• 2 weeks later...

Does jordon even produce big catts any more? I use to hear of monsters being caught there but been pretty quiet over that last few years.  Maybe everyone is jus keeping to themselves about it.  I've only been a few times and no big catts for me. 

On 6/13/2017 at 10:48 AM, Tyler0420 said:

Does jordon even produce big catts any more? I use to hear of monsters being caught there but been pretty quiet over that last few years.  Maybe everyone is jus keeping to themselves about it.  I've only been a few times and no big catts for me. 

Jordan definitely has big cats in it still. Saw some guy pull out a jumbo cat last weekend.  

Archived