Welland Hunting Club

abuchan1986

Hello, I have acquired a couple jackets that belonged to my great grandfather and was looking for some more information regarding them.

My father gave them to me along with a few knives last year, he was apart of the Welland Hunting Club but when I search I cannot find that it is still active.

Anyone that was once part of this organization or know someone who was I would love to learn more, especially if they knew him.  His nick name was Buck but his name was Alex Buchan.  Im guessing these shirts are anywhere from 70-80 years old.

Thanks for any help, if you knew him id love to meet for a coffee and learn more.

Alex

ggf hunting jacket 4.jpg

ggf hunting jacket 2.jpg

ggf hunting jacket.jpg

I could be wrong but I think they may have had a clubhouse on the hwy 140 and Buchner Rd?. Again I may be wrong but something tells me that was the name of that club. You mite start there

I remember going to a welland club when I was 14 years old . it was open for young kids then on sat. afternoon . we where taught how to handle and shoot guns . it cost us 25 cents to shoot 3 shots at clay birds. we went on a few trips planting trees and a fish hatchery . . I know it was called welland something . best gun club I ever attended. that was 60 years ago. td

As was stated their club house is located on highway 140 in Welland and they have a hunt camp located in the Port Loring area . There is usually members at the club house on Tuesday nights and they could provide you with more information. Hope this helps. Ken

Archived