Big fish today! Niagara River

Derek0291

My bobber is slowly drifting downstream when suddenly it shoots downward, dissapearing into the dark water.

With a swift lift of the rod tip, my reel starts screaming immediately as the fish bolts downstream. Im ear to ear with the biggest grin, thinking this is going to be the trophy trout ive been waiting for! 

Many minutes pass by before i'm able to bring the fish into shore, when i get to see the actual size of the beast! 

It was a huge carp -_-

Lol i hope you guys are having better luck than me. 

Tight lines!

On 22/10/2017 at 1:35 PM, smerchly said:

Great story , if it's c & r , it's the fight that counts .

Now , I need to know what bait you used ....I'm always on the search for new carp baits .  :)

Mostly release nowadays unless its walleye/perch! 

It inhaled my shiner 

1 hour ago, Derek0291 said:

Mostly release nowadays unless its walleye/perch! 

It inhaled my shiner 

Thanks Derek .  I  talked with a man who was fishing Gibson with his family a few days ago . His wife hooked a small carp & he kept it for dinner . He is a naturopathic doctor who believes much of our store foods are more contaminated than the carp . I can agree to a point .

We have caught the odd carp on minnows , mostly through the ice . They like to add a little fish to their diet occasionally ......:)

Any fish will try anything if they think it might be food.  I have caught a carp on a qwikfish.  I have caught smallies on breadballs.  I caught an 8 inch perch on an 6 inch plastic worm.  Hell I also caught a pike on the same style of worm.

When it comes to food most fish will try anything.

11 minutes ago, Snags said:

Any fish will try anything if they think it might be food.  I have caught a carp on a qwikfish.  I have caught smallies on breadballs.  I caught an 8 inch perch on an 6 inch plastic worm.  Hell I also caught a pike on the same style of worm.

When it comes to food most fish will try anything.

I just baited up my rat trap with a piece of salami ....thinking the carp would like a piece also .......B)

Archived