Post Your Improvised lures!

fishfight

Some of my improvised/Tweaked lures. I am willing to share these small secret improvised lures, not just to salvage some of our unused  lures, but to also minimize on the usage of natural roe. THESE DESIGN ARE UNDER PATENT PENDING, BUT BEFORE THEY GET APPROVED , AND FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY, GO AHEAD AND COPY THEM. THEY ARE CALLED ....THE UGLY LURES1  The slogan on any future ad will be..............THEY ARE NOT JUST UGLY...........BUT THEY WORK!

1. Yarn Material found at dollar store. 

https://pix.sfly.com/7ri7iJ

There were a lot of helpful tips that I had originally posted then eventually deleted few days after.  Sorry for those who could have benefited from them.  

I JUST VOLUNTEERED TO ONE OF THE ADMINISTRATOR "DAVE" TO GET THIS THREAD  DELETED. SINCE i ALSO REALIZED THERE ARE SPONSORS THAT WE ALL SHOULD SUPPORT TO BEGIN WITH. 

IN PARTICULAR, DURING  SALMON FISHING SEASON, MANY FISH WERE SLAUGHTERED JUST FOR ITS ROE AND THE BODY LEFT TO ROT ON THE RIVER BANKS.  ASIDE FROM THE GARBAGE BEING LEFT BEHIND BY INCONSIDERATE ANGLERS ! .............SO MY ORIGINAL MOTIVE OF THIS TOPIC WAS TO HELP OTHERS CATCH OR SALVAGE OLD IMPERFECT LURES THEY ALREADY GOT!  

IT IS HARD TO DO ANYTHING POSITIVE THESE DAYS WITHOUT ANY UNNECESSARY CONTROVERSY! 

I am trying to create enough ideas to pitch them to Shark Tank TV show, hoping some of them will invest on this multi-million dollar business venture. Anyone have any idea how to convince Kevin O'leary to invest, feel free to pitch in. I heard he was the only person that does not fish, I heard he has a huge yacht, and has professional fishing guide to catch fish for him to eat freshly caught fish. 

I also need a Swimsuit model to be our spoke person, no need English spoken language. Just sent pictures here for everyone's approval. Most of the investors  have Iphone translator anyway. I was told sex sells products, so the focus will be on the model ! Since Miss Columbia, the finalist, just miss out on Miss Universe pageant. i will also contact her this week ,to potentially bring her to our team, so she could have more meaning to her life, rather then just flaunt her beauty! This will prove to the world she was not just born beautiful for nothing, .....but she could also Fish! She does not speak English and yet made it to the finals, so we should just be more considerate and not discriminate her as well. 

Your ideas are not "patent-pending" until after you have done the paperwork, submitted them to the patent office, had them accepted by the patent office for review, and paid the appropriate fees, which run anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 per item.

You should also know that you cannot patent modifications to someone else's product. It has to be your own invention from the ground up. You can't patent someone else's lures that you doctored with stuff you bought at the dollar store.

Nice ideas, but people have been doing similar stuff for years. Fishing magazines from the 60s and 70s often had articles showing how to modify crankbaits by adding weight, including winding solder around the hook shanks, or add reflecty tape or fake eyes, or refinish them with glow paint to make them more visible. One of the best articles was making your own twister tails by cutting big spiral-shaped chunks of rubber from balloons. They looked great in the water and lasted way longer than any of the plastic twisters did. If you like to tweak tackle go to the library and rummage through old fishing magazines, they have all sorts of cool ideas like that.

Wow ....those lures were so ugly  they were banned ?  Or were you threatened with a lawsuit for mutilating patented merchandise ? 

I have been tweaking lures for years ...but never tweeted them on line !

Pretty girls distract the fish .....you know the song ..." If you want to be happy for the rest of your life ,

Make an Ugli woman your wife ......they catch more fish too .

Cheers     :Gonefishing:

Try storm suspend strips for weighting your baits. They can be easily removed, replaced, trimmed, coloured, whatever. I use them on flutter spoons at times. Where u place the added weight is key to keeping a natural action. Weighting the trebles like that is not only Ugly but it's killing the natural action of the lure. 

18 hours ago, Symmetre said:

Your ideas are not "patent-pending" until after you have done the paperwork, submitted them to the patent office, had them accepted by the patent office for review, and paid the appropriate fees, which run anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 per item.

You should also know that you cannot patent modifications to someone else's product. It has to be your own invention from the ground up. You can't patent someone else's lures that you doctored with stuff you bought at the dollar store.

Some people just get way too  serious behind a computer monitor ! Did you not read the follow up post on more humor? If I have a unique Idea I won't be revealing for the whole world to steal my invention.   

I did not claim I re-invented them too...............I just said I improvised them. I was Hoping others would also submit some more  ideas to help the community land more fish without having to use roe, or without having to open up old dusty grandpa fishing books............................................ You only HAVE 11 post here!    .. It is still way too soon to start a conflict! 

Some of us like to be creative and imaginative on our spare time. By the way, you got to be more creative than just copying a famous model reel as a username.........ISN'T SYMMETRE ASSOCIATED and COPYRIGHTED BY SHIMANO? That particular word is more prohibited  to be openly used in the fishing world without their consent!................OH, .I forgot! ............You might be a paid spoke person for that company! ......That means you might be possibly trolling where ever you posted !........................................................................................JUST KIDDING! 

16 hours ago, smerchly said:

Wow ....those lures were so ugly  they were banned ?  Or were you threatened with a lawsuit for mutilating patented merchandise ? 

I have been tweaking lures for years ...but never tweeted them on line !

Pretty girls distract the fish .....you know the song ..." If you want to be happy for the rest of your life ,

Make an Ugli woman your wife ......they catch more fish too .

Cheers     :Gonefishing:

I delete my tweaked lure post out of my own decision. since I realized it would be hard to change people's habit anyway, and many just threw away useless lures aside with today's disposable minded consumerist society. I have been tweaking many thing for years, to not waste any salvageable goods around us. I also almost forgotten that  we have sponsor to support, so better just buy new updated technology .  

Based on years of experience, I landed many more female with artificial lures that I used as stocked or tweaked................or due to Karma...fish just like to get caught by me knowing I will  release them!

The Confidence and satisfaction it can provide us when we outsmart the fish with our improvised lures, rather then just following others where we were being told that there are only limited specific ways in catching fish. 

Talking about salvaging stuff.

While I was fishing the other day at a Toronto eastern tribe , I realized I left my  spare spool of line at home, so I went looking for some scrap fishing line at the garbage bin, just to be used as my weighted line.  Someone threw away a  grocery bag with a hand full of skein inside it. I was surprise it does not smell rotten and look like it was preserve. So i took it home and re-cured it. I never used skein ever. 

During pass salmon season, two Canadian guys suspiciously went to a quiet non busy fishing spot where I was also fishing. They had two female fish that they cut off its belly and took its roe, then they tried to offer the fish bodies to me. They excusably said they already have few fish inside their fridge. I then responded on why they killed it anyway!  They just threw the body on the water, and walked back to the river area where they had parked their vehicle. They could not openly kill those female fish in front of the busy river fishing crowd.

I am going to disagree on deleting/changing the thread here ... this is an online community for sharing.  But I am also not a great member as I don't support the sponsors ... I get my stuff at the places I get it, and since I have started making my own spinnerbaits I have even less reason to venture into most tackle stores since I get the supplies online (much cheaper).

In an economy where the government is doing their best to take every last penny from your wallet, there is a need for trying to scrimp and save when you can.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:23 PM, Snags said:

In an economy where the government is doing their best to take every last penny from your wallet, there is a need for trying to scrimp and save when you can.

It's the sales taxes , "green" fees, disposal fees , and service taxes that drive people to look for alternatives . Bartering sounds good to me !  ;)

The price of a  new vehicle may bring forth more money from taxes and repairs & resold about 5 times .  We will someday be buying our new EV's by tapping our phone & ordering it directly from China......no delivery charge ....right to our driveway !  (Trudoo's dream) 

Archived