thorold, lock reservoirs

Limey

On February 12, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Habs_Fan said:

I saw a large black cat on Hwy 58 north of forks road right at the bottom of the bridge. I was driving south towards port it was a summer night, probably 9-10pm. The car in front of me went over forks, so I flicked my brights on, I saw something in my lane walking slowly across the road.

A couple hundred feet away I thought it was a coyote, then I got closer and realized it was walking like a cat, and a lot bigger than a regular cat. I was going 80 km/h and slowed down to 0 as I tried to process what I was looking at. It was a massive cat...one you think you aren't supposed to see in niagara.

This thing was 10 ft away from me and we just stared at each other. I reached for my phone and tried to take a picture but it was so dark that it didn't show anything. This was 5 years ago and I still keep my eyes peeled when I drive over it.

Believe me or not but I know what I saw

Had a student in a gun course a few years ago who lived in outskirts of Dain City.

His property backed on woods near old John Deere plant, and he had photos of a black panther chasing wild turkeys behind his property.

probably the same cat you saw - somebody's escaped exotic pet.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:15 PM, Limey said:

Even so mate, good to know to keep an eye out just in case, fascinates me that you have such wild animals still just casually roaming around over here...

Over in "Limey land" you have a lot of Fox that smell like Skunks.:wacko:...................................Daniel

3 hours ago, boogaloo said:

Over in "Limey land" you have a lot of Fox that smell like Skunks.:wacko:...................................Daniel

There was fox in a mini zoo in the local park which stank a bit, definitely not in the same stink league as skunks though mate.

The stench from the "weed" is far worse than any fox . In damp weather there ain't much difference between the skunk's perfume and the weed .....~~~:skunk: ~~~

We called it Lake Louise  and fished downstream in the old canal all the way back to Glendale Ave .  My high school friend Jerry  (class mate) drowned there ,  16 years old .  Another old friend drowned in the new canal about 20- 25 years ago..... and my dear old Grampa worked at lock 7 until he retired . Most of that area in the video is not accessible by vehicle now ......  Many fishing memories from that area , miss that nice trout stream that is now a road ..... Looking at a 1934 map on Navigator can be seen where the trout stream ran to Glendale . The GM plant didn't exist ....

I walked through the tunnel many times while fishing the area ponds and stream . Lots of history there !

Lots of grasshoppers but no ticks .  

Archived