Lewiston bridge access help

Limey

Hey guys, could any of you give advice on the best place to park and how to get down to the shoreline please? 

Been on satellite view for the past couple of hours choosing in between artpark and devils hole access, then realized that's the states :blink: lol

thanks

Hi Limey,

This should give you what you need http://www.niagaragreenbelt.com/listings/125-fishing/743-fishing-at-queenston-docks.html .

Look for the signs to the boat Queenston boat ramp. 

Stating the obvious here but regardless…  be careful, it's icy, tricky terrain on the shore line this time of year. 

Cheers,

John

Thanks John, that is very much appreciated, I should have stated, I wanted to be slightly upstream from the bridge, I've seen a YouTube video of two lads walking along a footpath which takes them to the shore up from the bridge, however it doesn't state where they park?

do you know if there's a path near the floral clock?

The shorter the walk the better really as I'll be taking the wife as a valentine treat lol

or is there somewhere near the hydro power plant thingy?

thanks again mate 

1 minute ago, Fishlivesmatter said:

If you go down there dont plan on coming back up!! Lol ya plus the police drones will find ya quick!   Ahhh fishing terrorists!!!!!!!

Fishing terrorists :lol:,  main hobby back in England was climbing the Lake District mountains in all weathers so I should be good , even so I won't be going where It's off limits, I'll keep searching mate ??

On 2/13/2018 at 5:33 PM, Limey said:

Thanks John, that is very much appreciated, I should have stated, I wanted to be slightly upstream from the bridge, I've seen a YouTube video of two lads walking along a footpath which takes them to the shore up from the bridge, however it doesn't state where they park?

do you know if there's a path near the floral clock?

The shorter the walk the better really as I'll be taking the wife as a valentine treat lol

or is there somewhere near the hydro power plant thingy?

thanks again mate 

There is a parking lot just above the ramp, you can (or at least you used to be able to) access a trail head on the south side of the parking lot; you can walk up to a gate just before the bridge, access above this point is restricted as this is the power generating station.

The next access point up river from here, that I am aware of, is via the Niagara Glen park, there is a trail running along the river which you can take north towards the power station. I am uncertain as to how far north you can go now befor you reach the restricted power generating station area.

You ever had a black suv follow you on the other side??? Lol they watching! Fines are serious tho 'i didnt know' doesnt fly with them.  Border security...power generation plant etc  they still seem to fly the jet fighters around the border from time to time.  Weird because they can walk down a stair set beside the american power plant.

2 hours ago, Flyjon said:

There is a parking lot just above the ramp, you can (or at least you used to be able to) access a trail head on the south side of the parking lot; you can walk up to a gate just before the bridge, access above this point is restricted as this is the power generating station.

The next access point up river from here, that I am aware of, is via the Niagara Glen park, there is a trail running along the river which you can take north towards the power station. I am uncertain as to how far north you can go now befor you reach the restricted power generating station area.

We ended up down queenston today but it was a bit busy with bodies really so we left, I'll try that trail next time I'm down for sure mate, thanks.

made our way back to chippawa but not even a bite, not even sure if there's anything there this time of year lol 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, Limey said:

We ended up down queenston today but it was a bit busy with bodies really so we left, I'll try that trail next time I'm down for sure mate, thanks.

made our way back to chippawa but not even a bite, not even sure if there's anything there this time of year lol 

Have you tried the Niagara Glen? Lots of shoreline access down there, and a great scenic hike if your into that?  Look for a gift shop stone building along the parkway and beside that is a park with Steel stairs that lead down to the Glen. Theres a map at the top of the stairs with the trail options. Might want to look at that...and yes, there will be fish there...just be carefull and fish the shoreline areas that don't show signs of danger. 

1 hour ago, DaveC said:

Have you tried the Niagara Glen? Lots of shoreline access down there, and a great scenic hike if your into that?  Look for a gift shop stone building along the parkway and beside that is a park with Steel stairs that lead down to the Glen. Theres a map at the top of the stairs with the trail options. Might want to look at that...and yes, there will be fish there...just be carefull and fish the shoreline areas that don't show signs of danger. 

Aye I know where you're talking about mate, went for a hike down there last year before I started fishing over here, they've started charging to park there but that might just be the summer months as the pay machines were covered up last week. Might have a wander down in the next couple of days, cheers mate, appreciate the reply 

Archived