Upper 20 mile creek

Bow Man

Any fish in the upper parts of 20 mile creek? Talking about above 20 Valley golf club. Not asking for spots just want to know if there is any fish in those stretches of 12mile.

tightlines.

9 hours ago, Bow Man said:

Any fish in the upper parts of 12 mile creek? Talking about above 20 Valley golf club. Not asking for spots just want to know if there is any fish in those stretches of 12mile.

tightlines.

That is 20 mile creek. Hence the name of the golf course. 12 mile creek does not go over the escarpment.

1 hour ago, marktheperchman said:

That is 20 mile creek. Hence the name of the golf course. 12 mile creek does not go over the escarpment.

Yep that's the one cheers Mark I have made the corrections.

1 hour ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

What kind of fish are you asking about?

Any.... just curious to know if there is any in that water. And is it fishable.

I fished the 20 Mile Creek as a kid  near St.Anns . It was loaded with cat fish, some carp , sunfish , rock bass ,   probably more species like suckers, drum and a few perch .  We had access through farm land (relative) but I don't know of places to access by land now . Canoe/yak may be best option .

11 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I fished the 20 Mile Creek as a kid  near St.Anns . It was loaded with cat fish, some carp , sunfish , rock bass ,   probably more species like suckers, drum and a few perch .  We had access through farm land (relative) but I don't know of places to access by land now . Canoe/yak may be best option .

Cheers, is the water deep up there? I have mapped out a few locations, that could be accessed by foot. I am more curious about this water having drive by it the other day and got to wondering if there would be anything worth fishing up there.

Where we fished it was only about 4 ft. deep & murky .  You may find deeper spots by navigating by canoe . It may be a great place to see wild life . Back in those days (1950's) , we saw snakes, turtles and bull frogs ....probably see beavers, mink and water birds of all sorts now.

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Where we fished it was only about 4 ft. deep & murky .  You may find deeper spots by navigating by canoe . It may be a great place to see wild life . Back in those days (1950's) , we saw snakes, turtles and bull frogs ....probably see beavers, mink and water birds of all sorts now.

Maybe worth while to take my son (7yr old). He something of a bird watcher and fisherman..... just like good ole dad.

We fish the lower part of this creek where it opens into Jordan harbour, good for a variety of species and he always catching a few every time out. Plus great place for any fan of birds.

1 hour ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

As long as you aren't targeting trout, go for it.

No trout in that muddy river that I know of .   The upper 12 going into Effingham may have a few trout but most of the property is either private or a conservation area .   The 20 Mile may have some decent carp/channel cat fishing .....never really gave it a go for the past 60+ years ....^_^

Archived