Chasing Browns!

yakfish

Heading out on Lake O tomorrow to try my hand trolling for browns. I've done it on someone else's boat and trolled from my kayak. But this will be my first time taking someone else out there in my own boat.  I've got my bass rods rigged and my homemade inline planer board ready to go LOL! Been waiting for weeks for a weekend with little wind and it looks like we're finally going to get it! I'm up on the escarpment, looking down on the lake and it looks like the muddy water is dissipating compared to yesterday. I see lots of green water out there today! Tomorrow is going to be awesome, I'm pumped!

Water coming out of Port Dal . was a light brown today . ...a big pike about 9-10lbs. surfaced at my feet , but it was dying ....many small fungus spots on it .

Good luck with the browns !

No luck today, went 0/1. Trolled from Port Weller to the bar. Fished depths from 5-35 feet. The warmest water I saw was just 37 degrees. The one bite came on orange and gold in 8 feet of water. Lots of green water. Nothing crystal clear. Warmest water was mud. Beauty day to be out for sure even with no fish landed!

Archived