Cheap Gas

smerchly

49 minutes ago, fredfisher said:

Covid-19 factor! 😷

Yep ....a lot of air travel grounded and ships docked  and  super highways shut down ....

Nice to buy 99 cent gas even with the carbon tax added  .  Enjoy the "ride" while you can !  :santa:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

What’s up with the cheap gas lately? Seen it for $.88 last night in Hamilton.  Of course I just filled up for $.99

.88 for me last night. When I see it that cheap, the beast gets filled. You have to get gas at night, that’s when I find it the cheapest. If you wait till the morning it’s like .20-.25 cents more. 

1 hour ago, Brian_b said:

Yeah the last 2 weeks or so I've been filling up for 84c - 85c per litre.

$1.01 in St.Kiitts  , plus 5 cents off if using C.T. card . People who have long drives to work or fishing spots are saving a bunch of pesos this winter . ....waiting for store prices to come down ...............  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

$1.01 in St.Kiitts  , plus 5 cents off if using C.T. card . People who have long drives to work or fishing spots are saving a bunch of pesos this winter . ....waiting for store prices to come down ...............  :rolleyes:

Best to take advantage of their points when you can to "save". 🤨

• 4 weeks later...

I got gas at C.T. ,just down the road , filled up 5 gal Jerry cans with Sea foam additive for my boat & yard toys .

Filled up the van and G6 ......maybe acted too soon as I read we ain't seen nothing yet as the stock market had a big drop again today .....Will we see 60 cents a liter ? 

Greta is fuming ......   :angry: 

10 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

.85 in Brantford. Still have 3/4 of a tank so I’ll pass on tonight. .60 wound be nice to see smerch. 

It would be nice to see cheap gas , but they are already talking about either more road tolls or mileage fees . As electric vehicles increase and pay no gas taxes , other ways of raising revenue for road repairs , etc. will happen.....not good for people who drive many kms to work.........or fish ! 

40 minutes ago, мормышка said:

IF electric vehicles outnumber gas vehicles, then hydro rates go up. 

Or charge them a "smug" tax like on south park in the episode where they inhaled thier own farts in an effort to cut down on emissions and everyone drove a hybrid .....around our area hydro should not go up the more people use because apparently they say we dont use enough hydro so therefore we already pay for them to send it to another grid

On 3/12/2020 at 4:55 PM, Jwl1 said:

Or charge them a "smug" tax like on south park in the episode where they inhaled thier own farts in an effort to cut down on emissions and everyone drove a hybrid .....around our area hydro should not go up the more people use because apparently they say we dont use enough hydro so therefore we already pay for them to send it to another grid

Down to 83 cents here today !  Nice for us anglers who travel some distance to fish .

Saving 30 cents per liter on a 100 liter fill up =  B)

42 minutes ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Smerch, now think of all the toilet paper you can buy with your gas savings .

No need for T.P. here captain.......a hose and duck tape saves the high cost of loo wipe ....

FB_IMG_1584238135306.jpg

Now I dont feel so bad asking for the tag along fishing tomorrow 🎣..plus we are helping save the planet that way....I noticed gas go down around 10 cents or so average today

And to think oil was about $130 a barrel a while back ......now $28 bucks !! 

We should be paying about 50 cents a liter ....

I remember gas at 29 cents............per Imp gallon ....about 9 cents a liter  !!!   😂

16 minutes ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Damn smerch. What can you tell us about the war of 1812 that you were alive for ? 

HA HA ...almost Capt .!!   My first car was a 50 Pontiac Silver Streak torpedo back , 6 cyl , 3 speed on the column ...bought at a car lot on Hartzel Rd. for 75 bucks ...ready to go . (fruit picking money)  

A buck an hour was good money ......   B)    I knew Julius Ceasar well.......   :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, smerchly said:

HA HA ...almost Capt .!!   My first car was a 50 Pontiac Silver Streak torpedo back , 6 cyl , 3 speed on the column ...bought at a car lot on Hartzel Rd. for 75 bucks ...ready to go . (fruit picking money)  

A buck an hour was good money ......   B)    I knew Julius Ceasar well.......   :rolleyes:

What car lot would that have been on Hartzel Rd? So many there now, but curious on historical aspect. You remember the name?

Archived