Whirlpool

Splakin

Hey all! For those that are still fishing the whirlpool, does the water stay in the trees all day? I was down there being a tourist a month ago or so and noticed the water was really high. There was like 1 spot along the side where you could kind of cast. Reason being think I'm taking my daughter down on the week-end. Should waders be a necessity? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

The water fluctuates lots. You could notice 10' of or so of rising/lowering levels. 

Theres water level charts online just do a quick google search. I found the fishing better when the water was lower. Good luck 

Keep your tackle high up so you dont get caught off guard.. :D

I would suggest not taking your daughter, until you are sure of the area, not worth the risk in my opinion plus just the walk down to the whirl pool can be pretty "hairy". Always keep a eye on the water as it comes up fast.

Be safe.

Hey thanks for the replies guys! Don't get me wrong, I've been fishing for over 20 years down there. I know every nook and cranny down there. The water the last 4-5 years is just stupid now. Just not what it used to be. I had her down there last Oct, down the river thou. She had an absolute blast. I guess if the water is stupid high I'll have to stick to the heli pad I guess. Ya waders is a bad idea for her lol. Hey Bow Man. If you ever seen a guy running up the whirlpool stairs over the years, that was me lol. I love the hiking down there

Thanks again

Archived