Highest price ever ?

smerchly

Just checked Gas Buddy for prices ...... I can't remember the price being this high , ever.  The last 3 prices were 1.39 per liter or about $6.35 for a Can. gallon . I remember paying 35 cents for that gallon !   This IS fishing related because most of the gas I use in my van is for fishing . We also burn it in our boat motors . Some gas in the U.S. is only $2.50 per U.S.gallon & some Canadians still buy their gas there even with our low dollar . But I heard they are dinging us good at the border now for duty on groceries , etc ? ....maybe extra gas cans too ??

Ford won't affect the gas price ... it is a total scam at the end of the day that everyone turns a blind eye to.

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/news-story/8174511-bill-to-regulate-gasoline-prices-defeated-in-ontario-legislature/

He can make the fraudulent carbon tax disappear but he can't force the stations to adjust prices.

According to that article there will be a glut of oil as more electric /hydrogen vehicles are used , including the big rigs .  In the meantime the oil company czars will be lining their deep pockets . Saudi oil production has increased so hopefully the price will come down . ....We in Niagara do have the option of getting our gas from the U.S. (for now).  We have lots of oil in Canada (no refineries) but that oil is destined for China and for those fuel guzzling monster ships (and trucks) that bring us most of our goods....:dunno: 

I believe more anglers are fishing locally these days instead of going north with their boats because the cost of gas is so high......:Gonefishing:

I buy on the Seneca reserve when I'm over. Something like .78/litre CDN! Freaking joke what is going on! My F150 has a 136litre tank which saves me at least $75CDN/tank! Doug Ford can stick his 10 cents /litre!

Same Here go to the in laws in the falls watch the camara on the bridge when clear head to senaca one stop just in ny. Take 4 cans plus empty truck equal 200 L @ about 98 c a L saves me enough money. Only takes 10 min. If they pull you in pay because it’s just the gst. Not carbon tax hst and all the other taxes. 

I go to Seneca or Smokin Joes every week or two and fill my Blazer and at least 2 cans. Right now works out to about .96 per litre. I just bought some non-ethanol 87 gas for $us 2.87 gallon or about .96/litre at Smokin Joes Indian Hill  (only  at the front pumps )to use in my boat and small engines  I usually buy high test for them but unless you buy the Shell for $1.50/litre most high test  still has ethanol. Hoping this is a cheaper alternative. Going up north fishing Friday so I can test it after I empty tank.

• 5 weeks later...

Of course you would buy  24  beers while your there !  Will our "new" buck a beer change our minds ?   B)

Reg. gas today is 136.9 ......which equates to $6.28 per Imperial gallon . I remember paying 28 cents for that gallon ....with no eth....

Buck a beer is joke. All he did was reduce the minimum price they allowed to sell beer at from $1.25 to $1.00. That does not mean that the brewers will sell beer at that price. Most of them can't even make it for that low a price.

9 hours ago, Botchegalupe said:

A new brewer has agreed to Ford's Buck-a-Beer, they now get premium space at the LCBO's which will help increase their volume in sales. 

What beer company is that Andy ?  I like red beer ( Laker Red) , $33 per case .....sipping on a cold one now ....?

I filled up both my van  & the car today at C.T. just down the street for $123.6  and got 5 cents off per liter with my Triangle Master card ......wont need gas for about 6 -8 weeks . (fishing spots are close to home )   B)

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

What beer company is that Andy ?  I like red beer ( Laker Red) , $33 per case .....sipping on a cold one now ....?

I filled up both my van  & the car today at C.T. just down the street for $123.6  and got 5 cents off per liter with my Triangle Master card ......wont need gas for about 6 -8 weeks . (fishing spots are close to home )   B)

Barley Days Brewery

13 hours ago, Botchegalupe said:

Sound decision on their part, people will buy it with the buck a beer program and  when the price eventually goes up they might retain them as customers. 

Costco at 50 Road always has the best price on gas here, plus if you have the executive card you get a few more cents back with the yearly rebate. 

Archived