Erie fly fishing from Shore

DaveC

I guy I know fly fishes bass from shore on Erie somewhere and does well...I asked him but apparently its top secret..lol.  Id like to chase some Erie bass with the fly rod from shore if anyone would care to share me a place with some structure where I could try. PM me please if you don't mind sharing a spot where I might have some success. Thx !!!

Any place where there's a  shallow rocky bottom Dave . I used to go to my wife's parents cottage at Long Beach & there was a rocky point near the small town there, and I would wade out (carefully ) & toss a spinner/worm & get a few bass & drum .

How about the Bay at Port Colborne behind the hospital ....rocks , weed beds  ? 

34 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Dave when we going?

We have to go scout out some shoreline spots.

6 hours ago, jessek said:

End of quarry rd. Have Lake Erie and quarry to chose from. 

That's the area I was referring to. A bit to the west is all rocky shoreline. You can wade out.

The end of quarry road used to be a good spot when I bass foshed yrs ago. From there you wade out and fish west from there. No need to do any scouting. Its all good wading, and you will find fish around there somewhere! I would assume probably more smaller fish though.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:25 AM, DaveC said:

I guy I know fly fishes bass from shore on Erie somewhere and does well...I asked him but apparently its top secret..lol.  Id like to chase some Erie bass with the fly rod from shore if anyone would care to share me a place with some structure where I could try. PM me please if you don't mind sharing a spot where I might have some success. Thx !!!

Let me know when you find a few. :) 

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, emenius said:

I got spots like a Dalmatian.

Just not as mobile as I once was. So I am not offering to tell you where. But if you wanna go pick me up.

Be glad to pick you up the next time I go...pm me a number to reach you at. 

Archived