Newbie to fishing.

ADG

As the title says I haven’t been fishing for long 2 months mabye. As such I’m not the most knowledgeable person about fishing. So I was wondering what’s the best time to go bass fishing and if anyone could give me some locations. I’ve tried lake Gibson, queenston dock, twelve mile creek, and beaver dams but have only had luck with 1 bass at BD. I tried everything from worms to spinners, crabkbaits and jigs. Any advice would be helpful thanks 

I am a fan of spinnerbaits ... but right now with the temps that have been had, the fish are probably deeper and the shallows are loaded with weeds.  I have not had much luck in August as a whole.

You are in the right spots though for bass.  I would try earlier in the day and later in the day or on overcast days.

I’ve had some luck recently on martindale with frogs. The scum frog is my favourite. Nothing big but they hit the top water so it is fun. Your in the right spots just gotta keep at it. This summer has been strange as a whole. 

August Can be tough. Waters too warm in a lot of spots. Too many weeds. Try a deeper spot like snags said. Also, try a minnow with a sinker in the deeper spot when it’s warm. The fish are slower when it’s hot so don’t make them work so hard.  Once things cool off a bit the fishing will pick up 

If night fishing is an option to you may want to give it a go. My favourite largie pond last few years you could fish all day through july and august and get a few dink bass if your lucky. Than at night the pond absolutely comes alive. Its nothing to go froggin' for an hour after an afternoon shift around midnight and get 10-15 blowups landing some absolute monsters you'd never even think swam those waters. Just wish I could land half the blowups I get! Lower Niagara is packed with aggressive untouched smallies also if your up for a hike

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived