Humane Society-SPCA

smerchly

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9205332-spca-getting-out-of-enforcement/

While driving home from fishing at Jordan today I was listening to CKTB radio and heard Kevin Strooband doing an interview about animal cruelty investigations and having police taking over the task . Most of the money has been coming from donations and of course , the front line people are well trained in helping animals in distress and promptly care for them on the spot ...as they did for one of my rescue dogs who was only hours away from death from starvation .

They are talking about the police taking over ......   As Kevin said there will need to be massive training needed and of course much more money needed from taxes . ...if though our cops don't have enough on their plates dealing with "reck-weed" impaired drivers , etc etc etc ..... doesn't seem to be enough info on this move ! 

Fortunately , there are millions of people these days who love animals and  will be watching this very closely . ...

Good call on the SPCA's part, people that abuse animals often have a criminal background and a propensity to violence, better an armed officer than a part timer or volunteer enforcing this if it becomes a  SHTF situation. In a lot of cases they could be in a much danger as a CO. and they are trained at police college and carry a sidearm.

Yes , there is lots of proof that people who abuse animals to boost their own ego and manliness will also abuse kids  and other people . They should be dealt with by the cops . My main concern is to make sure abused animals are protected and  taken proper care of when needed .

• 1 month later...

I'm all in for the safety and well being of animals as I am and animal lover and have a rescue as well... but smerch why is the "reck-weed" atop your list of police's plates..... weed has been around for centuries and I toke but dont drink..dont like it.. why is it the perception is everyones stoned driving now because it's legal ? Should the smokers assume everyone's driving drunk? Not trying to be a douche or anything but I just don't like how people look down at smokers or even the thought of it... The meds most people take now are 10x worse for your body... yes police do have plenty to deal with already and don't need more...maybe we need a task force purely for this instead of everyday cops 

I deleted my answer  , will bite my tongue on this one .....hoping all runs smoothly ....B)

At my age , I've tuned out of politics 100 % and voting day is now a  :Gonefishing: day .

Very complicated matter  WC .  ...so many positives & negs about using any mind altering drugs , including the crap drug I take for cholesterol  lowering Statins which is a very controversial drug in many countries .  Given some time we will see what our government drug lords have accomplished with their new income source .   Let's give it some time .......   B)

On 5/10/2019 at 12:07 PM, smerchly said:

Very complicated matter  WC .  ...so many positives & negs about using any mind altering drugs , including the crap drug I take for cholesterol  lowering Statins which is a very controversial drug in many countries .  Given some time we will see what our government drug lords have accomplished with their new income source .   Let's give it some time .......   B)

Income source ?????????? 😂  last I heard the government is losing money selling drugs so far,  how screwed up is that ?

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2019 at 10:26 AM, dave524 said:

Income source ?????????? 😂  last I heard the government is losing money selling drugs so far,  how screwed up is that ?

I hope the reserves put them out of business.   I can buy anything here at the Tyendinaga Ranch , from fish , propane, petro or lumber and pay no tax .  

Never go home without some fish  !   ;)

10 bucks a gram or so at the Ontario Cannabis Store while on the street you can get good quality for 7 a gram and no paper trail to get you barred from entering the U.S. etc.  

" 10 bucks a gram "  !!   I should have planted my 4 plant allowance in my back garden !!  I'd be happy getting 5 bucks a gram for it ....  Can I sell it on Kijiji ?  :crazy:

Archived