Lakeside cabin/cottage rentals...

Limey

Hey lads, I've got 3 or 4 mates coming in the first or second week of September. 

I'm after renting a cottage or cabin somewhere within about a 2 hour drive from Toronto pearson airport as they'll have just done a 10 train/plane journey. 

Couple of requirements...

Lakeside, 

Good fishing obviously, 

2 bedroom minimum as a couple of us wont mind using air mattresses. 

Comes with a boat or canoes.

And lastly but definitely most importantly....decent priced.

TIA, any help would be appreciated,  cheers.

Just for some info to guide you along ,  the trailer park here at Mohawk Bay rents trailers and boats & motors . I heard the price to rent a trailer that most sleeps 6  is $700 per week , just bring your own bedding ( sleeping bag) ,,,hydro , water , gas included .  It's expensive these days to rent cottages , etc. and boat  & motors too . ....good to have your own motor ....can always inquire at most places on line or by phone .   Good luck finding a place Limey !

Ya limey not really alot of cottage rentals offer cheap packages anymore . 3 years ago i had rented a 6 man cottage on rice lake southern end in bewdley .fishing was great but we rented a couple boats with motors and it was 800 plus tax for the 5 days cottage use and an extra 120$ per day per boat .its 1 hr from toronto.we got a few walleyes each day lots of bass and crappies and perch as many as you wanna catch.it was alright but id shop around for a few weeks before you book and dont wait too long cause they go fast.

I know you say 2 hours within T.o but I really think your shorting yourself a bit if you opened up to 3 hours or 3 n a half u could prob get a nice deal in Sept in the north.. I know after a 10 hr plane and train but hey it's canada John candy did train, plane and automobile so what's another hr if it makes the difference in fishing and scenery 

4 hours ago, WalleyeChaser said:

I know you say 2 hours within T.o but I really think your shorting yourself a bit if you opened up to 3 hours or 3 n a half u could prob get a nice deal in Sept in the north.. I know after a 10 hr plane and train but hey it's canada John candy did train, plane and automobile so what's another hr if it makes the difference in fishing and scenery 

Know of a place in particular WC?

I could just tell them it's 2 hours and keep on driving 😂

Commanda lake has cottages and boats I believe..i believe restoule lake has a few places that do as well.quinte has good fishing in the fall. even the muskokas or muskokas lakes or parry sound because kids r back to school it'll be so quiet than . check kijiji too for private rentals just change your city to one closer to what your looking for..

Archived