Lower Niagara

bigugli

Had a great morning on the river . Had planned on Erie but the winds and storms were a turn off. SO we opt for plan "B"  Jigging for smallies and walters while Rob tried desperately to land his first gar:P. No luck in that department, but we did OK  with the jigging.

Plan b is a good way to save the day sometimes.....smallies on the river always put up a good scrap

We got both smallies and walleyes jigging from 20-30' depth until they turned up the current. Our 1 mph drift eventually sped up to 2.5mph.  Rock snot is starting to die down.

5 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Any Walleye Bruce or Bass? I may hit Erie Tues. for Walleye.

We were hitting both today.   One of these days I've got to get out with you for a day on the water.

9 hours ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Hey Bruce how is the launch in queenston now? 

Thanks...Steve

Still flooded with the dock sitting at that crazy angle.  It is going to take a lot of time to bring the lake level down.

2 hours ago, bigugli said:

Still flooded with the dock sitting at that crazy angle.  It is going to take a lot of time to bring the lake level down.

high water levels affecting many many communities .....busted docks and much erosion .  

Met a nice guy here yesterday .....gave him an ugli boyz harness to try ....seems he lives just a few doors down the street from you Bruce ....name  is Matt ....has a Silvan boat ....been doing real good on the eyes here ......moving his trailer out of the "wet zone" !

10 hours ago, fredfisher said:

Bouncing them,NRF

A face too ugly for social media bubbs 

And the launch dock@queenston is still unusable 

That face .....a little heavy on the make up Fred ,   and easy to recognize you on the water......

We have a real nice government dock at Deseronto  , lots of parking...tables ...too bad we don't have some free quality launches in the Niagara area ...Sunset beach launch is pathetic , not a good location for a launch directly into Lake O.  The camp launch is decent (cement) and free for us to use anytime....

13 hours ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Where are you launching from if you don’t mind my asking? I launch in queenston but crooked dock / high water / jet boat wake/ and a fishing partner that is not stable on his feet = disaster waiting to happen.

I still use the queenston ramp even though it’s dock is on a 45* .

jetboats are a permanent problem unfortunately.

smercho, I worked with a guy 25-30 years ago who stayed in deseronto.carmen,an Italian fella..still there?another guy big Dave from western hilll too...tell em “hi from Fred” if still in the area/kickin!

FF

I don't know them Fred but I'll ask Dave , the owner of the park if he remembers them & let you know if he knows them .

Anyone interested in buying a big trailer park for 2 mill. ?   It's up for sale ......   hoping it remains as a park .....

16 hours ago, smerchly said:

That face .....a little heavy on the make up Fred ,   and easy to recognize you on the water......

We have a real nice government dock at Deseronto  , lots of parking...tables ...too bad we don't have some free quality launches in the Niagara area ...Sunset beach launch is pathetic , not a good location for a launch directly into Lake O.  The camp launch is decent (cement) and free for us to use anytime....

I'm surprised Niagara Parks hasn't monetized the Queenston and Upper river launches it has yet like its done to just about everything else! Just a matter of time. Pay some kid minimum wage to sit and collect ramp fees in season. 

Back on the river again today. Risk of high winds and storms made the big lakes a no go. We ceertainly had a mixed bag. Silvers, redhorse, smallies and walleye. All caught on different tactics from paddletails, jigging spoons, stick bait and harnesses.

Archived