Well that's one way to do it...

Limey

17 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Lots of good eats there.

Mmmmm...nothing like micro -waved par boiled Asian carp !   

They have restaurants down that way that serve those carp ....supposed to be good eating ....

I would try them if they were cooked right ...   

Did they end up being eaten Limey ?

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Mmmmm...nothing like micro -waved par boiled Asian carp !   

They have restaurants down that way that serve those carp ....supposed to be good eating ....

I would try them if they were cooked right ...   

Did they end up being eaten Limey ?

It was something to do with a study on them I think Bill, not sure where they ended up. 

17 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Asian carp are plankton feeders, totally different diet than common carp and are actually supposed to be quite good.

So....what would we use for bait to catch them with a fishing rod ?  ....a little sea weed on a hair rig ? spinach  ?

They would be wild scrappers and they can get to be very large .....good eats too ?  sounds like a win win for the carpies....B)

11 hours ago, smerchly said:

So....what would we use for bait to catch them with a fishing rod ?  ....a little sea weed on a hair rig ? spinach  ?

They would be wild scrappers and they can get to be very large .....good eats too ?  sounds like a win win for the carpies....B)

Bowfishing and spears perhaps, maybe they could expand the season, think it is just may and june you can spear carp now.

edit: guess a bit of spinach on a 5/0 treble with a heavy sinker might be effective too😂 they are filter feeders, so traditional angling is out.

21 hours ago, Fresh Fish said:

why don't they increase the wattage and kill them all? so easy..... 

I agree ....just run the boat up the river and zap them every 50 feet or so and have a few boats behind picking them up ....problem may be killing all other fish and  water life ....   

Archived