Km distance from Queenston to Fort niagara?

fishfight

Does anyone know what is the rough distance, of the river (in KM) from Queenston boat launch to Mouth of lower Niagara falls? 

Or anyone knows how far of a boat ride from the boat launch to the mouth? 

IF someone wanted to fish the mouth of lower river, has any Canadian  driven across the border and  launch from the NY young's point instead?  One thing to consider is the $10 toll charge (car + a trailer/boat) driving back to canadian border. 

Its 11Km from Queenston to the Mouth. There is a private yacht club down at the mouth that I believe has pay per launch fees. Might be better option if you plan to fish the bar or mouth of river from the boat.

Joshua - they've already answered your question, so I'm just adding info in case you need something similar in the future.  Google Maps, when you open it in a browser on a computer:  right-click with the mouse at, e.g. Queenston docks, then select "measure distance".   Then keep clicking one or more times in other places, it will keep adding the distance between all clicks.  It's actually very reliable method to calc distance.

6 hours ago, corsara said:

Joshua - they've already answered your question, so I'm just adding info in case you need something similar in the future.  Google Maps, when you open it in a browser on a computer:  right-click with the mouse at, e.g. Queenston docks, then select "measure distance".   Then keep clicking one or more times in other places, it will keep adding the distance between all clicks.  It's actually very reliable method to calc distance.

Does this work on the app also? 

9 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Does this work on the app also? 

I haven't tried it, but according to google, the answer is yes.  Here is how to do it:  https://support.google.com/maps/answer/1628031?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 3:35 PM, corsara said:

I haven't tried it, but according to google, the answer is yes.  Here is how to do it:  https://support.google.com/maps/answer/1628031?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Excellent! Thanks for the research. Have always used this on the comp. Will get more use of it on my phone or ipad as well 

Archived