State side

Tyler0420

Thought we’d get out for some early steelhead. 3 rivers we checked out. One was extremely low with a few stranded steel waiting for the water to rise. Another river, next to no drift to it. So off to the mighty niagara to fish the fishing platform. Water was so high is was under water and blocked off. So called it a day and now I’m local carp fishing :)

41A9DA3E-DEAF-4401-96FB-CCA1C61291FA.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Fished an Erie trib today. Weather was perfect and so was the water conditions.  Quite a few fish around. I went 3/7. Can’t believe I lost the first four fish. Other guys were losing them also so I don’t feel so bad.  The fight is the best part anyways. Best part was I didn’t have to move all day besides up and down the bank a little bit. 

4CE20F30-3BD5-451F-8FF3-A171F3DF5831.jpeg

CED67512-64B3-4E3F-9058-5D24B995095A.jpeg

5E98B6B8-B796-4247-8F3E-2CB0871B5658.jpeg

49 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Good fishing ....looks like you had a great day !

Beauty steel there ....pristine looking trib !  

It’s was probably the best outting at a newer trib that ive  ever had.  Everything was just perfect yesterday. 

Those are the best days..we had quite a few hookups and some good scraps.  Those are the days you don't want leave the water, knowing you might not see the ideal conditions for a while after. Good Times !!!

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

If they get this rain we’ll have to wait for it to drop and maybe even more fish in the river Next week. 

Yep, going to game on now!!! Next drop in the water will be easy pickins….Let me know if you have any weekdays off. Us retired guys its weekend every day..lol

Archived