Wild Boars at Waterford

genec

A friend just told me that 2 wild boars were shot on a Waterford farm on Monday.

Biggest dressed out at 184 Lbs, and big tusks.

they are getting closer!

May have to invest in a pig gun for family farm at Cayuga!!

I really hope they don't make it much further.  The reading I have done on them has ZERO positive impact on the environment so it is a definite scary potential combined with how aggressive they can become.

But I am sure some animals rights group will stand up for them.

1 hour ago, Snags said:

MMMMMMM wild bacon.

If they became plentiful , I'm sure they would be hunted , a nice addition to moose and venison ....  

Stoke up the smoker ! 

No "season" for them, you can shoot them all year! From what I've read, they are such prolific breeders that even hunting them won't stop them once they are established. And the damage they can do in a short period of time is incredible!

According to biologists if you have a sounder(group) of 12 pigs and you shoot 10 there will be more the next year - they breed worse than rabbits!!  And yes, they are extremely destructive to farmland.

on the other hand, think of all the cheap bacon and chops you could accumulate!!

all you need is your small game licence for them.

Going to have to look into that a bit...I been working up that way alot the last few weeks...mmmmm....ribs.....Haha...as long as you cook it well and can render the fat good..you dont get that "sweaty b...o... taste"..🤮

14 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

I'd gladly hunt them all year long in an effort to fill my freezer!!

And , like moose & venison , it wouldn't glow in the dark ......:)

Archived