November meet up?

Tyler0420

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

I can't think of spots to shore fish for trout where there's ample parking on weekends or  being crowded . There are carp spots  where pike or cats may be caught . .....more options for ice fishing like the rec.canal , Jordan , or Rennie pond which can also be fished now for pike , perch and carp from shore .

..... speaking  of ICE ....    :coldsmiley:

I'm up fer Carp or Pike............................Daniel

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, boogaloo said:

I'm up fer Carp or Pike............................Daniel

Rennie pond past the finish line building has a long stretch of rocky shoreline ( could be windy there) . I have fished there with floats (minnows,worms) , tossed lures (weeds) and fished bottom for carp & a chance to get pike or perch . The water needs to clear up more to have better fishing .

Another option ...(I have been map snooping) ....is the Dain City area . I haven't shore fished there for years so maybe someone knows some shore spots to fish and park vehicles . I used to fish near the boat club on the west side . The Forks Rd . bridge is gone so we would have to come in from the west side (Hwy 58 exit) . The water depth varies.... at the club being 5' deep and drops gradually to 30 ft as you go south . ....mostly perch & pike and parking along the roadway .....If there are some parking spots , the east side could be another option . 

11 hours ago, smerchly said:

Rennie pond past the finish line building has a long stretch of rocky shoreline ( could be windy there) . I have fished there with floats (minnows,worms) , tossed lures (weeds) and fished bottom for carp & a chance to get pike or perch . The water needs to clear up more to have better fishing .

Another option ...(I have been map snooping) ....is the Dain City area . I haven't shore fished there for years so maybe someone knows some shore spots to fish and park vehicles . I used to fish near the boat club on the west side . The Forks Rd . bridge is gone so we would have to come in from the west side (Hwy 58 exit) . The water depth varies.... at the club being 5' deep and drops gradually to 30 ft as you go south . ....mostly perch & pike and parking along the roadway .....If there are some parking spots , the east side could be another option . 

If there is wind the West side would be my bet. Have tried to fish the East side in a wind and it was disaster. More parking on the West as well...................Daniel

I would be in for some carp fishing. I find it a little more social than casting from a wall. Rod in the holder And tell fish stories till the alarm screams at you. Plus with the colder weather layering up and big gloves don’t get in the way. Hamilton has a ton of great spots and lots of parking. Simple fishing for a meet-up. Just a thought.

10 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

Couple good thoughts there...space and parking..just need to preplan some bait...lol

I have a bag of white 6" twisters  JW........;)

5 hours ago, Steve_Guelph said:

I would be in for some carp fishing. I find it a little more social than casting from a wall.

.......... I have a can of  GG corn .....    :) 

I'm hoping to get some of that global warming on Saturday ....but it looks like it will be cold and hopefully low east winds .....bundle up !

Snowblower is on standby for Monday .....may get 6" or more . Going to spend the day tomorrow putting 8 snow tires on the vehicles.

May take a ride to CDP tomorrow to check out the pond for weeds , etc...another possible spot to catch carp , cats , and ???

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

I'm hoping to get some of that global warming on Saturday ....but it looks like it will be cold and hopefully low east winds .....bundle up !

Snowblower is on standby for Monday .....may get 6" or more . Going to spend the day tomorrow putting 8 snow tires on the vehicles.

May take a ride to CDP tomorrow to check out the pond for weeds , etc...another possible spot to catch carp , cats , and ???

Let us know how the water looks smerch. 

21 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Let us know how the water looks smerch. 

I left to go about 1pm....thought I better gas up the car at C.T. less than 1 km.from here ......Why do they put the gas cap on the passenger side ???  :wacko:

A truck was too far forward for me to get close to my pump so I angled in .....hose too short by 6" ....back in the car , more angle ...ahhhh got the pump in .......but what the ????!!!! ....can't get any gas from the pump .....move to another pump ...again shut the car off and AGAIN , NO GAS !!!   :wall:

So I walked to the Kiosk ....door LOCKED !!!! I asked a guy getting gas what's going on ...he said he uses the "card" & there is someone in the Kiosk ....Back to the kiosk , low & behold there's a woman behind the counter now ....door is open !  I asked her why I can't get gas ....she says you can NOW ......"I was in the ladies room & have to lock out the pumps until I get back to the job !!   :dunno::wacko:  .  Ohhhhhhhhhhh    :blush:

What a day ....changed 8 snow tires ...different size stud bolts !!!

I FINALLY got to CDP  to have a look Tyler  !!!  Looks good ,  lots of open water , weed beds on opposite side  .....may be an option  ...tables there to cook hot dogs ....:D

18 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

What’s CDP and what is the target species there?

Charles Daley Park Steve ....Carp , cats , pan fish , bass , pike ,drum , rudd , bowfin ....

Shallow brown water .....bottom fish or float fish .....worms  , minnows , corn , etc .

Easy access from Victoria Ave to North Service Rd. .coming from Hamilton , or 7th St, ( roundabout ) coming from St.Kitts (or Lakeshore Rd.)

anyone care where to fish this weekend? thinking Charles Daley Park or lasalle marina (Hamilton harbor) in waterdown. both places hold the same species but you can fish walleye off the island out into harbor. 

I'm good for wherever...just needed a bit of a heads up what we are fishing for to make sure I bring too much stuff...lol...only prob with work I may not get a chance to get live bait

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

I'm good for wherever...just needed a bit of a heads up what we are fishing for to make sure I bring too much stuff...lol...only prob with work I may not get a chance to get live bait

Fish for anything.  Carp catts bass or pike.

Live bait I can try and grab some from brantford.  

Looks like we may need our ice rods ....17*F right now !    Below freezing temps on Saturday  and warming up after that .....hope to  try CDP Fri. (37*F)  ....carp rod & float rod with salties  ....never fished it this late in the season....

Probably go with CDP. It’s closer for most people. It’s shallow so not sure how the fishing will be I think most fish move deeper. 

Smerch let us now how you make out Friday if you get out.  We could always bring our toboggans....

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Just looked at the weather and it looks nasty cold Saturday. Above 0 for me unless I’m ice fishing. 

Wear your survival suit and you should be warm.  I’ll even do a coffe run for us. 

Since when is november cold n snowing? We hardly get snow for Christmas usually. 

8 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Probably go with CDP. It’s closer for most people. It’s shallow so not sure how the fishing will be I think most fish move deeper. 

Smerch let us now how you make out Friday if you get out.  We could always bring our toboggans....

Did you get the photos Ty ?   I'm hoping small inland spots like that are not iced over  ....Ya , my one man flip over ice hut would slide down that hill nicely but it hasn't got good brakes !   :coldsmiley:

I still have a dozen small 1" minnows in my tank ....most of them died the first day , haven't lost one since  ....crazy !

Archived