Controlled hunt tags

kgm

Just curious if anyone can help me out with my controlled hunt tag.  I have successfully been given a tag for this weeks hunt. Usually they mail the tags. This year I didnt get a tag in the mail, but wasnt worried because of the new print at home system.  When I log in online it says I have a tag in my licenece summary, but theres no way to print it. I have been able to print all my other tags.  Anyone else have this problem?  Do I need to go get a tag printed at Canadian tire or something?  Hoping to hunt tomorrow, so hopefully can get this resolved today.  Thanks in advance. 

I think your tag is the deer tag that you already printed previously.

Your summary should now state also that you are eligible for the controlled hunt, and you need to print a new summary sheet to show that.

At least that's the way I'm interpreting it cause that's what I got for my grandson and myself when I was told on line that we were  successful for the controlled hunt.  I am assuming that the summary sheet stating your eligibility is all you need to accompany the original deer tag.

I just logged in to the licence website to double check, and it says "ON Controlled Deer Hunt Validation", with a check mark beside it, but NO printable tag is indicated,  so as I stated above, that means you just need to carry the validation summary with you to show that you have a valid tag for the gun hunt.

23 minutes ago, genec said:

I think your tag is the deer tag that you already printed previously.

Your summary should now state also that you are eligible for the controlled hunt, and you need to print a new summary sheet to show that.

At least that's the way I'm interpreting it cause that's what I got for my grandson and myself when I was told on line that we were  successful for the controlled hunt.  I am assuming that the summary sheet stating your eligibility is all you need to accompany the original deer tag.

I just logged in to the licence website to double check, and it says "ON Controlled Deer Hunt Validation", with a check mark beside it, but NO printable tag is indicated,  so as I stated above, that means you just need to carry the validation summary with you to show that you have a valid tag for the gun hunt.

Thanks Gene. I was wondering if that was the case.  So if you tagged out in Archery season you would have to go get a second tag though? (I didnt tag out, just curious).  Thanks again.

You only get ONE tag for the season, unless it’s a WMU where they have surplus tags and you applied for one of those.

just because you applied for and we’re granted a chance to hunt in the controlled gun hunt doesn’t mean you get an additional tag.

1 hour ago, genec said:

You only get ONE tag for the season, unless it’s a WMU where they have surplus tags and you applied for one of those.

just because you applied for and we’re granted a chance to hunt in the controlled gun hunt doesn’t mean you get an additional tag.

Thanks for clearing it up.  I only ever hunt the controlled hunt. Not an archery guy.  Good to know incase I ever take it up though.  Thanks again

Archived