Winter carping

Tyler0420

All open and beauty looking way down Pelham road....thinking of giving pike a go on my next outing...I'm sure there are some carp kicking around

Mr Camoccio's nightmare began on Saturday February 8 when he jokingly patted a security guard at the airport  on the back after he was frisked by the officer at the Egyptian airport going home . It cost him five days in jail !    Save your money sir , and keep on fishing !!  

This story , from the Daily Mail this morning .....the man below was jailed for " assault " ?? :wacko:

These carp guys need to cool their friendly emotions a tad........

24693756-0-image-m-7_1581598346594.jpg

12 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I can’t wait to get back carping. Hopefully I’ll catch one like that. Nice fish 

Isn't that a gorgeous healthy looking specimen !!   Maybe the secret to catching beauties like that is to wear camouflage clothing and face mask .......  

52 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Nice shot of Hammi Harb  ....was that taken in July ? 

😁

Lol sure looks like it but definitely didn’t feel like it.  No ice on the harbor this year. Wonder how they walleye fishing would be from a boat.  

2 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Lol sure looks like it but definitely didn’t feel like it.  No ice on the harbor this year. Wonder how they walleye fishing would be from a boat.  

Looks good for drifting a worm harness ....probably hook a big carp !

Way to keep at it, Tyler.  Got my biggest carp ever from there.

Funny how some winters, guys are out ice-fishing the harbour this time of year...and then you get winters like this one where the harbour is wide open.

Your pic makes me want to put on another sweater!  lol

On 2/17/2020 at 8:51 AM, Mike Pike said:

then you get winters like this one

Yes , this winter sucks for ice fishing . I didn't even break out my hut(s)  ....

I was also hoping to drop a line down the hatch  for carp , but my spot may be "dicey" to tread my 145 lb mass on ....(180 with my boots)

But I may try a "spud trip" near shore before ice out .  A few cold days ahead might put me out there by Saturday .

On 2/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, smerchly said:

But I may try a "spud trip" near shore before ice out .  A few cold days ahead might put me out there by Saturday .

Gave Rennie a go today ...first time to ice fish there this season....Windy !  I "was' going to go to a good looking spot to carp fish , but it's wide open water !  So I set up one line with 2 hooks , one on bottom , other 10" off bottom ....shrimp , cheese cloth bag with corn , shrimp pieces, oats  & chopped bread (on bottom) and baited top hook with a live minnow ( then a mangled minnow for more scent) ...and chummed with the same concoction .

I baited my other rod with a live minnow & caught a nice fat perch (released) , then a small pike , also released .

....a couple shots.....

my carp rig with the clothes peg on the line for free wind jigging....

carp ice rod.jpg

Fat perch.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Checked out a river spot I’m going to fish this week since my pond is completely frozen over. I usually Catt  fish here but there’s carp n suckers around also. Chucked out a can of corn and chickpeas and I’ll be back tomorrow. Hopefully the nice weather this week won’t blow the grand out with all the snow melting.  This year I can’t see the major flooding Happening that happens every spring but I could be wrong.  Looking forward to fishing this spot a few times this week. 
PLEASE FISH GODS BE NICE TO ME.....

1806DEF8-A8FE-480B-A18F-37C3547B75E4.jpeg

On 3/2/2020 at 5:55 AM, мормышка said:

Supposed to above 0* all week.

Reading this just after shoveling heavy wet snow !   🏂

Sunday will be 10*C and sunny , looks like a fishing day !   ......  saw my first robin yestertday  in the yard , and saw a turkey vulture fly over Merritville hwy 2 days ago near the race track .  All ice gear put to bed ...working on long rod set ups today .    :Gonefishing:

Checking the temps for the first week of March from last year , it was a cold week never reaching zero all week and up to -12C overnight .  As they keep telling us , the climate "changes" from year to year .....

Looks promising Tyler !  

Hoping to chase the big cats first  ....need to build up the arms for the carp .

Got this corny card from my wife this morning .....  ( she knows )    :D

corny bithday.jpg

If today’s your birthday then

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMERCH🎂 get out and do some fishing it’s beautiful out. Jordon was looking pretty good when I drove by. Not much mud spewing into the lake more from the 18&16. 

There will be a couple spots on the upper Niagara in the next few weeks that will be teaming with huge schools of big carp

Yep , it's me birthday today , this old geezer is 77 

I have a bunch of nice 3-4" minnows  in my tank ,  ready to tease the pike tomorrow as it's supposed to be over 50*F.ish

Thanks for the replies ....  wishing myself a productive fishing day tomorrow (  should pack the carp rod as well...) 

57 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

There will be a couple spots on the upper Niagara in the next few weeks that will be teaming with huge schools of big carp

Can you get those big boys & girls to  have lunch Jack ?