Spring carping

Tyler0420

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only nine days left to fish the toothy ones , then on to the toothless critters !

Hoping to get a couple more pike days in , then charge up the 12 foot rod !

Went to bait my spot so I can fish it later on. I see the fishing slobs have moved in. Corn cans, 100lb braid attached to a stringer (please tell me no one is eating out of this lake) and some needles along the shore line. 

4F5410B0-B2B4-4957-99F8-53E1149FFB48.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

If I see guys here fishing and they opened their cans like these guys did there going to get an earful from me for sure. 

I wouldn't mess with those needle guys Tyler,  you never know what they would do when stoned out of their feeble minds . Fishing solo at night is a big risk in todays society  . You can call the city to remove those needles there ?

The guys who are using the heavy line and sticks may be night fishing for cats there ? If you see them leaving lines for cats  or carp a call to the mnr  may help nab them .

As for the garbage .....  lots of low lifes out there who  don't have much brain material .....  can't fix stupid .....   :dunno:

That sucks Tyler....people need to respect our fisheries that's for sure.....as bill mentioned...hopefully they aren't leaving night lines in the water....and no excuse for leaving cans let alone needles around...even if given the benefit of the doubt they are using the needles to inflate bait so it floats....its people like that who get all our easy access spots slowly taken away

I don’t think the needles are from the fisherman. That’s what happens when junkies throw their needles down the Sewers. There was also a homeless camp up the canal that probably didn’t help either. (Now it’s gone).  I don’t touch the needles, I use a scoop and place them in a coffee cup. We have needle drop boxes around the city that I’ll dispose of them there. 

3 hours ago, мормышка said:

This spot not too far out of the way? Or is it fairly popular?

It’s kinda out of the way. It’s down a back road with some run down factories and brown fields. It’s not very popular but it does get fished.   Hopefully one day the city will clean it up, it is a beautiful place minus the garbage, needles and poor water quality.  

Since this is a carp thread ,  and we fish from shore , we must check our spots out for needles , especially when picking up garbage and line . Those needles could be anywhere , along the bank and more so in protected spots like under bridges where I sometimes fish for carp . The users don't worry , or are incapable of worrying where to dispose of their needles . This has now grown to be a huge problem ....your kids need to be informed of this danger too .

THIS from June 2019  from Welland which is a relatively small city with a big drug problem .....

https://www.wellandtribune.ca/news-story/9804852-new-group-in-welland-forming-to-rid-public-places-of-discarded-needles/

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

Looks like a nice spot

...and a nice day .  Off shore west wind and some sunshine at least !

Using chum and how deep is it there ?  I have 2 rods set up ready for a carp go but Mz. Nature is in a mood .... 

Your photo inspired me .......such a lovely day today ....no day to sit an twiddle my thumbs , so I gave the MADDRAGGON a test run , armed with worms , shrimp , corn puffs and oat/corn pack bait . Water was about 10' deep , small current , one oz. egg weight , using 2 hooks on the rig . Water viz. about 3' , bluebird skies . N.E. wind .

Fish must be quarantined !  Notta freekin nibble !  But SO nice just to be there and rejuvenate !     🌞

Moodie 20-04-2020.jpg

7 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Nice to see you got out smerch. I only fished 2hrs this morning with a skunk and no fish visible. I think we need to get out with fredfisher 😉

Fred told me he would give me the location , but I would be dead shortly after ......

I think he photo shopped the picture ...... -_-

Soon Ty ....soon !!

Tried an old Fred spot today and they were biting .  I took my light 10'6" rod ....drop shot set up , 2 hooks/sinker , ....worms and fresh GG can corn . The cats liked the worms , carp liked the JGG corn . Had a good time using the light rod and Sahara 2000 to fight the carp .....no biggies , one about 8 lbs. and 2 smaller ones . The bullheads were decent size ,also fun to catch on light gear .

the biggest carp .....

carp 24-04-2020.jpg

bullhead.jpg

A young guy next to me , 65 feet away,  about 67 years old ,  was using the full carp set up and hooked 3 carp , one about 14 lbs . He knows carp angling very well as we "yelled" from a distance . He was using pack bait on a method feeder and corn .   It was music to my ears when I heard his alarm ringing .....🎵 

I got my first fish in about 10 minutes , a nice plump cat fish .  I re-baited ...tossed out the line and decided to have a quick whizz before the next bite ....I walked about 6 feet from my rod ....unzipped the fly and saw my rod bending and being pulled to the water !!  I grabbed my net .....forgot to extend the handle into place & had to use my foot on the net & pull the handle out while holding the fish at bay .....glad nobody was watching the circus.....^_^

Passing out in my chair and next thing you know my alarm is going off. Not to wake me up and go home but there’s a fish on!!! Not the biggest but I’ll take it. 10-12lbs probably and looking like she’s about to spawn anytime. 

2B92648E-973A-4424-9A69-2CAEFBB0C802.jpeg

Way to get'em Tyler ...a nice fat one .  Great night picture and back ground .

I should have chased carp today , but wanted to use up the last of my minnows .

Nice to wake up to the "Sound of Music"     :D

Archived