Gas still dropping

smerchly

Well , I finally need to gas up the old van .....haven't bought gas since March 25 .  I see Pioneer on 4th Louth is over $1.00 today ....creeping up a bit each week ..... Going to Port Dal tomorrow , time to add some weight to the van there  (not carp )  ....will gas up at S.& W .   ....usually flip the guy a toonie for a coffee .....  B)

Does anyone tip the gas attendants ?   They work their butts off !

• 1 month later...

Poll on Gas Buddies asking if we would support a new tax on gas for infrastructure such as bridges ,etc.  I was surprised to see 27% said yes !  .....maybe E.V. drivers ...They want to twin the skyway now ...$$$$$$$$$$ cachinga !!$$$$$$$$$$  .  They picked a good time to ask us to cough up more of our cash while gas prices are low ....

I'd rather see more tolls on highways than hit us with more gas taxes .....or more speed cameras  everywhere which could bring in millions , considering how many of these fools drive down my street in their loud "Indy" cars and trucks .

Taxes will always go up, no matter the illusions they are trying to sell you and they will always find a way to generated more revenue.

Take Port Dalhousie and the inevitable parking situation. Don't expect free parking to continue. Once the tenants have their parking, the remainder will be permit, metered or day parking.

I spend many days of my youth at Port D. fishing ,swimming both Lake Side Park & Michigan Beach (now a marina) .Port will become a no go place shortly ....maybe fish the east pier ...(parking permitted) . Port has one way in or out ...it will be grid lock unless another road/bridge or two is built . And much of the parking will be for e.v's. only.

The c-19 has changed the way people want to spend their holidays , buying larger vehicles to pull boats and trailers or large  rv's ,etc. High fuel costs will not be appreciated....

So now they'll be monitoring who has access to the beach(es) like Lakeside Park......only Niagara residents, since Toronto area visitors can easily out number ours. 

Explains why local shore fishing areas are busy. I know very few are locals because the normally quiets spots are busy.

I wonder when the Neil Peart memorial is going up at Lakeside? that would draw a lot of fanbase people too. 

Archived