Covid-19 Boat Lunch closed

Rolly3

Buddy sent me this info today. Pretty simple explanation of the threat of this virus and clarifies why nobody should be fishing right now.    See the other the attachments regarding boat launch at Lake Scugog. There is no fish out there worth catching or spreading this thing. People are moving to their cottages to get away from populated areas. So now it is being transmitted to rural areas and they do not have the medical facilities to handle this. Look at the mess in Bobcaygeon. Do the right thing,  stay home until they get this under control. Cause if they don't get it turned around, martial law is coming. Trust me, you won't like that.

IMG-20200330-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200331-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200331-WA0000.jpg

Then by that concept, NOTHING should be open where people can congregate. Let alone getting take out. Do you know 100% that if they're safe to make/serve your food/drink?

Please research the difference between a virus, the flu and bacteria. I'll leave it at that.

I agree with the no congregation thing...they dont want people hanging out at picnic tables ect...if a boat ramp happens to be part of a park...then so be it if its closed..it is an amenity if its publically funded and operated...the whole idea is so there is not 50 vehicles parked and groups of people stopping to all chat together ect...20 guys standing around the dock asking each other how the fishing is or whatever..its only natural for the most part we are social creatures....I can see a couple spots in niagara being policed for too many people being there its busy on a regular basis in some spots...but the catch is...if there are 50 people fishing...it doesnt mean it's a gathering of more than 5 people if everyone didn't come together....its not a "gathering "if there are 100 people waiting in line at the store or bank...its individuals....works the same way with fishing....just because there are lots of people in the same place...its technically not a group gathering.....we would hope everyone is minding there ps and qs about it though.....and what would the answer be in regards to someone saying..."in these tough times I'm trying to put food on the table for my hungry family"....an organized fishing derby is a whole different story..I'd be more worried about going to a busy grocery store where 100 people could have touched the apple you just brought home...or all the people window shopping at Walmart because they are bored

Umm this is not a concept bud, this is a fact how the virus spreads, please stop looking for excuses and loop holes to leave your house unnecessarily..... and yes, absolutely nothing should be open right now

i also don’t understand how a group of 50 individuals not associated with each other coming to a single location is any different then 50 individuals planned to meet somewhere. 50 people in line at the bank or grocery store is still a gathering of 50 people, not 50 individuals anymore when they’re at the same place, the virus doesn’t care what reason you’re there for or who else you know in line

It’s very difficult to know which of these physical distancing measures is actually having an impact.  It’s uncharted territory.  Certainly the congregation component is a no brainer, especially inside where there is no air movement.  Outside.....I believe the virus is less contagious.  However because of the uncertainty no one should take that chance.  Time to launch the kayak!

The greatest issue here is the lack of knowledge about how contagious someone is who is not symptomatic.  Most times, pathogens spread more successfully when the host is showing symptoms.  I still believe a symptomatic host is far more contagious but most people will now responsibility isolate if they are sick.  If I have been infected at work (which I’d be stunned if I haven’t!), how many people did I unknowingly pass it on to?  I’ve never been symptomatic but my wife and 3 kids have all had mild cold symptoms for a day or 2.  That’s the issue with this virus.  It spreads insidiously from heathy person to healthy person.   Unfortunately it will kill people along the way. 

Half the problem is lack of common sense and basic decency. That is why we have to have most laws in the first place. If people had it and used it we wouldn't have the government telling us what to do.

Luckily bass season isn't open or there would be a couple pricks in the middle of that pack trying butt in! The next thing will be all boat launches shut down, based on the normal "zoo" conditions at many launches at the best of times, I wouldn't be surprised. 

43 minutes ago, Bass-turd said:

Umm this is not a concept bud, this is a fact how the virus spreads, please stop looking for excuses and loop holes to leave your house unnecessarily..... and yes, absolutely nothing should be open right now

i also don’t understand how a group of 50 individuals not associated with each other coming to a single location is any different then 50 individuals planned to meet somewhere. 50 people in line at the bank or grocery store is still a gathering of 50 people, not 50 individuals anymore when they’re at the same place, the virus doesn’t care what reason you’re there for or who else you know in line

I'm not trying to spread it through a pissing match...lol...its the government itself that has declared that waiting in line at a busy store or bank...ect....is NOT a "gathering " even if its 100 people who are supposed to take turns going in....because they are technically not hanging out together in a social setting...they are all getting or waiting for a service....at a place that is deemed an essential service.....I'm at risk every day just going to work for the people lined up to get in....aint no extra money coming to me on my welfare check because there is a pandemic....im not getting squat diddley extra for going to work and being at risk of getting sick every day....am I going to go out and go fishing?....absolutely yes!!!!....but at best with one or 2 people max......i know plenty of places to go where there wont be anyone else...I'm not going to stop and get a coffee....then go somewhere else and get a burger....then wait in line at the bank so I have money for a pack of hooks at Walmart before I stop for gas.....wont be risking anyone else's well being any more than casting into a bucket in my own back yard ✌🎣

34 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

I'm not trying to spread it through a pissing match...lol...its the government itself that has declared that waiting in line at a busy store or bank...ect....is NOT a "gathering " even if its 100 people who are supposed to take turns going in....because they are technically not hanging out together in a social setting...they are all getting or waiting for a service....at a place that is deemed an essential service.....I'm at risk every day just going to work for the people lined up to get in....aint no extra money coming to me on my welfare check because there is a pandemic....im not getting squat diddley extra for going to work and being at risk of getting sick every day....am I going to go out and go fishing?....absolutely yes!!!!....but at best with one or 2 people max......i know plenty of places to go where there wont be anyone else...I'm not going to stop and get a coffee....then go somewhere else and get a burger....then wait in line at the bank so I have money for a pack of hooks at Walmart before I stop for gas.....wont be risking anyone else's well being any more than casting into a bucket in my own back yard ✌🎣

If fishing with other people outside your household don’t drive together. Heard of many people getting $750-1000 fines for driving with people from different house holds in same vehicle.  

It takes one "germ" on a gas pump handle to possibly send you to your grave . That's the reality of this relatively unknown virus . I can gas up at a place like S & W where they pump and still the lowest prices . Then I roll down the window and pass my card over the portable machine & tell him to keep the receipt ....zero contact . This is one way technology can be a benefit to us.

There are videos showing how to wash those apples from the store ....good idea to do at all times after I've seen some grubby hands going over them as well as all the other foods .

9 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

If fishing with other people outside your household don’t drive together. Heard of many people getting $750-1000 fines for driving with people from different house holds in same vehicle.  

That's pretty sad Tyler .....it means a lot more cars on the road  , many commute to work , but at least gas is cheap(er) now.

Looking out the window ,  one of those freight train buses went by with 2 people in it , one being the driver . Looks like the  "distance"  is working for many people .

I understand everybody,s frustration during these times and I,m looking forward to a nice relaxing boat ride soon(hopefully)We have our pontoon at a local marina that permits us on the property but social distancing is req,d(of course)As the weather gets nicer,reality is more people will get out,pretty quiet there now,as most boats need lift in or need to be trailered in by others,,ours is pretty simple,,back trailer in drive to slip,,we are going to wait two more weeks still before we decide(weather definitely plays a factor).I personally think my gf and I going for a boat ride will do no harm to ourselves or others as long as we follow necessary measures set out by the gov,t,take care and stay safe

1 hour ago, shadow said:

going for a boat ride will do no harm to ourselves or others as long as we follow necessary measures set out by the gov,t,take care and stay safe

I agree , and fishing from shore at our personal spots away from others should not be a problem . ....if all adhere to that common sense  approach ....but there's always that few who think they're entitled to dismiss this as a joke ...like the idiots who leave their trash anywhere they like . Just send the riot squad out when large groups think they can party and hit them with a blast of ice cold water ....or some very soapy water . 

Meet you at your boat about 3 am  Shad !  

COVID-19 Update #7 - Province Orders All Outdoor Recreational Amenities Across Ontario Closed

Posted on Tuesday March 31, 2020

Open new window to subscribe via RSS

Parks closed_Prov order

By Provincial Order, all parks, dog parks, playgrounds, recreation areas, municipal boat launches, docks and piers are CLOSED. Residents are permitted to have walk-through access of open green spaces as long as a minimum physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) is maintained. Residents are prohibited from using equipment or park areas for recreation activities. Residents are prohibited from congregating in parks, along the piers or other recreation areas. Violation of the order, tampering or removal of signs and caution tape may result in a fine.

Our Municipal Law Enforcement Officers have provincial authorization to enforce emergency orders of the Province. DRPS has also updated their protocols related to provincial orders.

For additional information about this closure and all COVID-19 updates, visit scugog.ca/covid19. To report a violation of the order in our parks and recreation areas, please call 905-985-7346 ext. 121

The signs are going up ....yesterdays snoop was disappointing to see new signs up at some of my fishing spots .....some allowance for being in the park ....with strict rules .

Charles Daley Park and Jordan Conservation Park signs .......

CDP C-19 sign.jpg

Jordan Gate closed.jpg

I get it and I’m disappointed about it too but it’s the right thing to do.  The Covid19 situation isn’t going to get any better without taking measures like this. Are there worse things than fishing that would cause the virus to potentially spread?Absolutely, but the situation isn’t getting any better so somethings gotta give.  The amount of disregard people already have for the rules is ridiculous. While driving yesterday, the amount of people and cars I saw along the beach trail going for walks although it’s closed is unbelievable. All vehicles were getting ticketed as well- and so they should. 

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

Yet airports are still flying passengers from all over and no screening being done. Just don't go fishing or walk your dog. :dunno:

If JT is allowing this then there's no point in listening to what he has to say ....and Mr.Ford should make a point of telling us .

Here's part of the parking lot scene at CDP 2 days ago . I didn't see any signs at the park's gate , only at the building center near the lake .  People were keeping a good distance while strolling , walking their dogs or just sitting in the car looking at the lake ....and boats fishing  on the lake. (Ramp was open at Jordan)

Since the rules are changing daily , the park gates may be locked now .....?

CDP cars.jpg

Common sense prevails, don't forget, fishing is good for your mental health, I will not stop or else I will go crazy, family , work and fishing is all I got left.  I fish spots where there are no anglers, except for the pool but I keep away 50 yards, lol.  If you can fish away from people then I don't see it being a problem.

Groceries stores, liquor stores and gas stations are ten times worst then going out to fish.  That said, I waited all month to fish the spot below, the dynamics of the river have changed over the years, you have to check the hydrometric data to make sure your spot is not under water.

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

You obviously have not been listening to the news today. Your fishing days are about to come to an end. Maybe for 18 months to 2 yrs. It's not Rocket Science.  The medical experts and political leaders are stating no non-essential travel and asking people to stay home. Going fishing is non-essential travel. People will finally get it when they get that $750-1000 fine. No for a fact, 3 guys got dinged at a launch on Mitchell's Bay yesterday.

33 minutes ago, Rolly3 said:

You obviously have not been listening to the news today. Your fishing days are about to come to an end. Maybe for 18 months to 2 yrs. It's not Rocket Science.  The medical experts and political leaders are stating no non-essential travel and asking people to stay home. Going fishing is non-essential travel. People will finally get it when they get that $750-1000 fine. No for a fact, 3 guys got dinged at a launch on Mitchell's Bay yesterday.

Next will be hotline or website to report your friends, neighbours and strangers who disobey politicians. 

9 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

@steelshady   That’s a long walk to that spot.  Glad it’s not underwater anymore and glad you had a great day. 

congrats. 

Not only that...as I have spent decades slipping around on those same rocks.....and choose to find spots with no other anglers around.....if I can go to work every day with a bunch of people from a bunch of different kinds of households and that's supposed to be okay.....I can most certainly go fishing...and social  distance at a spot where I'm the only one around ✌🎣✌...those people got dinged at the launch..because you aren't supposed to be at a park of a launch.

9 hours ago, steelshady said:

Groceries stores, liquor stores and gas stations are ten times worst then going out to fish.

Seems to be the talk of town , TV ,radio , Face Book etc.  One remark about going for a drive for any reason was you may have an accident , then need hospital care .... WELL ,  as the police said the accident rate has dropped off a lot , and insurance companies are saving on less accidents .

Our daughter went to 3 stores today to get bread , milk and TP ....BIG line ups outside and they were letting in a few people at a time . They didn't get those items in all 3 stores . Maybe stay open 24/7  .I would rather go to an empty store at 3 am to get what I need for a couple of weeks . People waiting outside getting angry , cashier was bitchy and got "told" . Things are going to get nasty I fear if this goes on for months ??

I went to Home Hardware to get grass seed ....both doors were open , guy inside asked what I need , got my seed , cashier behind glass barrier , tapped my card and out the open door I went ...No hand contact except the bag of seed .

Archived