Covid-19 Boat Lunch closed

Rolly3

Ok,let me see,Rolly 3 joins Mar 14 or so to join a fishing forum to tell people not to fish,if you don’t enjoy fishing,move on to another site,we all know what the world is going through,fishing didn’t cause this virus and stopping people from fishing isn’t the cure,my opinion is the govt should have banned March break travel,but they didn’t and here we are now,we all have to deal with this day to day,try and be somewhat positive or move on,,Rocket Scientist

Whilst snooping today to see what is still open .....I happened to have my fishing rod and minnows in my van . Nobody was around the small parking lots as I squeezed my van between the piles of garbage all over the scene . I walked the pathway for a 100 yards , through some scruff and planted my ass between the brush , rocks & trees , wearing my camo shirt & hat . ....washed my hands in the drink when I left ...fishless but fulfilled my fetish .  :Gonefishing:

The Timmie clan was lined up at the drive through .....  :rolleyes: ....   more important than a lone fisherman ?

I stopped to check a spot I saw guys fishing last week , at the old ship , from shore . I was once again angered by the amount of garbage on shore and in the water . Slobs are everywhere these days ...probably raised by slobby parents in filthy houses . I picked up a ball of heavy mono line and tossed it into the NEARBY GARBAGE PAIL !!  I took both pictures standing at the same spot .....

Grand Hermine.jpg

Beacon Marina Trash.jpg

OMG....that is an absolutely horrible mess! Makes you pissed off and sad at the same time! Some people need a slap in the head to knock some sense in them.

15 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

OMG....that is an absolutely horrible mess! Makes you pissed off and sad at the same time! Some people need a slap in the head to knock some sense in them.

There's also the possibility that some jerk(s) removed the garbage bag from the blue plastic barrel and dumped the trash into the water . ( large green garbage bag in the water)  . There was a new bag  in the barrel with a few drink containers ....

All it takes is a few screwballs to ruin it for everyone . Back in the "old days" (50's)  the city had people cleaning up our parks using a stick with a nail to pick up everything from wrappers to butts .  They would need 20 people and a dump truck to clean up the area near the ship ! 

Drove by the Beacon yesterday morning around 9:30. Dozens of boats were on the lake and the parking lot was absolutely full of trucks and trailers. Was everyone in the boats only family members from the same house? With that many boats being launched and retrieved from that relatively small ramp, how can you achieve social distancing?. I would love to drive to Port Carling to retrieve my boat from the cottage garage where I store it. I could go there and back without stopping for fuel or anything else and while hooking up the boat I would be the only one at the cottage. This would certainly not be considered necessary travel (by anyone but me) so I think I am going to have to sit back and wait for better times.

If you have 2 non family members in the same boat  (buddy's)  I would say the chances of getting infected by your fishing partner are a million to one . On the other hand , the chances while standing in lines to get into a store are much  more .  Just keep your distance , avoid crowds and wash your hands after shopping .

I noticed a line of about 50 people waiting to get inside Walmart at 4 pm today .... Can.Tire was closed . Will we see a complete shutdown of all stores very soon ? 

On 4/1/2020 at 11:38 AM, shadow said:

I understand everybody,s frustration during these times and I,m looking forward to a nice relaxing boat ride soon(hopefully)We have our pontoon at a local marina that permits us on the property but social distancing is req,d(of course)As the weather gets nicer,reality is more people will get out,pretty quiet there now,as most boats need lift in or need to be trailered in by others,,ours is pretty simple,,back trailer in drive to slip,,we are going to wait two more weeks still before we decide(weather definitely plays a factor).I personally think my gf and I going for a boat ride will do no harm to ourselves or others as long as we follow necessary measures set out by the gov,t,take care and stay safe

Ok here's a question then. What happens if your boat/engine breaks down, or you hit a rock, or run out of gas, or go overboard, or your lure rips your gf's face while casting, or have a heart attack, or your boat sinks, or you need a rescue due to a sudden storm. All these can happen and if they do you will be in a position to expose other people to unnecessary risk for an activity deemed "non-essential".

Please don't tell me all those or similar accidents can happen in your home too, because if they happen there you won't be in a position to ignore and contravene "Stay at home" requests.

I personally think that Ontario gvmnt so far is too leniant to people who are not listening to "Stay at home" calls, more drastic measures are needed if this outbreak has to be dealt with effectively.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, мормышка said:

Next will be hotline or website to report your friends, neighbours and strangers who disobey politicians. 

If it comes to that yes, because that means our neighbours, friends and strangers don't give a **** about our well being, thus they deserve it. Simple... It's not about listening to politicians it's about common-sense and duty of being a citizen of this country, and being a member of the community and humanity.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:16 PM, smerchly said:

Whilst snooping today to see what is still open .....I happened to have my fishing rod and minnows in my van . Nobody was around the small parking lots as I squeezed my van between the piles of garbage all over the scene . I walked the pathway for a 100 yards , through some scruff and planted my ass between the brush , rocks & trees , wearing my camo shirt & hat . ....washed my hands in the drink when I left ...fishless but fulfilled my fetish .  :Gonefishing:

The Timmie clan was lined up at the drive through .....  :rolleyes: ....   more important than a lone fisherman ?

I stopped to check a spot I saw guys fishing last week , at the old ship , from shore . I was once again angered by the amount of garbage on shore and in the water . Slobs are everywhere these days ...probably raised by slobby parents in filthy houses . I picked up a ball of heavy mono line and tossed it into the NEARBY GARBAGE PAIL !!  I took both pictures standing at the same spot .....

I rather stay at home than fishing in a spot like that...terrible... but it's a scene that is becoming more and more common especially in urban fishing areas.  Over the years i have seen a lot of garbage around my local creeks, rivers, shores, parks etc... disgusting and leaves you heartbroken!... 

As a person who never leaves a single piece of garbage anywhere I fish ,  anger and frustration spoils the day of solitude and peace when I see the garbage . People bring full cans of drink which was heavier to carry than the empties !  I almost always come home with a ball of various fishing line to help my furry/feathered companion friends from a slow gruesome death by starvation .....I wish they would at least consider the wildlife !

2 hours ago, icecy said:

Ok here's a question then. What happens if your boat/engine breaks down, or you hit a rock, or run out of gas, or go overboard, or your lure rips your gf's face while casting, or have a heart attack, or your boat sinks, or you need a rescue due to a sudden storm. All these can happen and if they do you will be in a position to expose other people to unnecessary risk for an activity deemed "non-essential".

Please don't tell me all those or similar accidents can happen in your home too, because if they happen there you won't be in a position to ignore and contravene "Stay at home" requests.

I personally think that Ontario gvmnt so far is too leniant to people who are not listening to "Stay at home" calls, more drastic measures are needed if this outbreak has to be dealt with effectively.

Really,other then the lure hitting my gf,s face any of what you said can happen in a vechicle,as I know people are going out for a lot drives lately just to try and clear their heads,and what about the lady on my street who slipped off the curb last week on her daily walk and the ambulance had to be called,I agree  until the govt Shuts everything down people will do what they think they still can during these times,not everybody will follow rules,and as we know everybody has an opinion,if the govt had a problem with what you said then we would be under a complete lockdown,now all that being said I won’t respond again nor look at any response,s,too much other crap to worry about,all the best,take care

4 hours ago, shadow said:

as we know everybody has an opinion,if the govt had a problem with what you said then we would be under a complete lock down,now all that being said I won’t respond again nor look at any response,s,too much other crap to worry about,all the best,take care

Yes , we have differences of opinion and lots of info , and most will stick with their opinions . It's always good to see both sides to get a better understanding of this "invader" It's scary to see how complex this C-19 is and even with all the brains on  the planet and all the medical equipment we have , we cannot kill it off quickly nor know how it came into being ....

BUT ,

Wuhan declared the lock down is over ?   They are celebrating by a big light show of their very modern city !!? 

On 4/8/2020 at 5:16 PM, shadow said:

Really,other then the lure hitting my gf,s face any of what you said can happen in a vechicle,as I know people are going out for a lot drives lately just to try and clear their heads,and what about the lady on my street who slipped off the curb last week on her daily walk and the ambulance had to be called,I agree  until the govt Shuts everything down people will do what they think they still can during these times,not everybody will follow rules,and as we know everybody has an opinion,if the govt had a problem with what you said then we would be under a complete lockdown,now all that being said I won’t respond again nor look at any response,s,too much other crap to worry about,all the best,take care

I agree, most of those things can happen in other circumstances too, my point was, any such non-essential activities must be avoided by staying at home. During the month of March and so far in April, i only went out to buy groceries and other neccesities. Is it easy to be stuck at home, hell not, but if it's the best strategy to avoid infection and for the pandemic to go away, I am all for it.

Archived