Shore Fishing....O.K.????

Tony

I've been reading some comments (in other places) about people getting fined when fishing from shore.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this sort of thing??

I would think that you could go out and fish from shore as long as you're practicing social distancing, but I'm not sure.......Any thoughts????

Hi,

At the glen and the pool there is a sign before you head down the stairs.  It states to practice social distancing, respect others on trails, and use common sense.  Mental health plays a key in order to have a good immune system.  If you go, I suggest you go where there are no people around.

7 hours ago, steelshady said:

Hi,

At the glen and the pool there is a sign before you head down the stairs.  It states to practice social distancing, respect others on trails, and use common sense.  Mental health plays a key in order to have a good immune system.  If you go, I suggest you go where there are no people around.

Exactly !   It's called common sense ....  miles of elbow room out there so zero chance of "catching" something other than fish .

9 hours ago, Tony said:

people getting fined when fishing from shore

Too bad they don't (can't) fine the losers who leave their garbage there !  

Currently fines are for trespassing in closed parks/properties/ conservation areas. Also for failure to comply with the rules for social distancing. The MNRF has, to this point, made it clear that fishing and hunting have not been suspended. Whether or not that continues, who knows.

In theory, you going fishing is safer than anything else especially if you plan to make it just yourself and shying away from others.  There are too many idiots though and that will eventually lead to a no fishing/hunting thing.  It is all about how the signage reads, but if you need to walk around a fence/gate ... you will get a trespassing ding probably.  It will also be city/region to city/region.  At the end of the day, with how vague some of the statements have been, it leaves plenty of room for interpretation and that will lead to fines.

The question on a discount on your license ... the MNR had it on their facebook page and their response seemed to make it seem like it might be considered depending on the duration this runs.

I was mainly joking on discount fishing licenses. Considering carbon taxes still have gone up. If MNR is making a statement, then there must be bigger plan in the works for everybody getting shafted on all levels.

The world never shut down over MUCH deadlier influenza, H1N1, zika or tuberculosis. 

3 hours ago, steelshady said:

Green Ribbon Trail parking lot has been blocked by the city, was open yesterday as when we fished.  I wonder if they closed port D?

The latest on Port is that the ramp, Game and Fish property, and surrounding area are now closed by city order.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:17 AM, Tony said:

I've been reading some comments (in other places) about people getting fined when fishing from shore.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this sort of thing??

I would think that you could go out and fish from shore as long as you're practicing social distancing, but I'm not sure.......Any thoughts????

They can take my rods...out of my cold dead hands!

What an ordeal at the nut house today ....went to the Bulk  Barn for nuts and as I entered the "in door only"  I was directed to a lane with a stop sign "wait for help" . A lady came and asked what I was going to need and I pumped out a good shot of gel soap ,then a pair of thin transparent gloves . I went to a nut bin and told her I want a pound (one large scoop) .She bagged them with a twist tie ,then moved on to another bin .She handed me the filled bags ,then I followed her to the cash where I set the bags on the counter to be weighed and billed on the machine . I waved my Mastercard card over it , no beep , and it was rejected , another try , then a beep but no receipt . I said that's ok , headed for the door , called me back , got the  manager , try again , another "beep" but again ,no receipt ! So I brought out my debit card ,started transaction all over , punched in my pin no. and voila , it worked ,with a receipt ! Now I'll have to check my bank statement to see if I was double /triple charged !!  Nuts !!

20 hours ago, мормышка said:

I was mainly joking on discount fishing licenses. Considering carbon taxes still have gone up. If MNR is making a statement, then there must be bigger plan in the works for everybody getting shafted on all levels.

The world never shut down over MUCH deadlier influenza, H1N1, zika or tuberculosis. 

Oh yeah, forgot about the Zika pandemic.. Remind us how many people died during that one over the course of a couple of weeks? 

1 hour ago, Surf and Turf said:

Oh yeah, forgot about the Zika pandemic.. Remind us how many people died during that one over the course of a couple of weeks? 

West Nile is what I was thinking of in terms of mosquito borne panic. Low deaths compared to mainstream news projections.

People dying OF CV-19 is miniscule compared to WITH. Big difference when the numbers are broken down.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:05 PM, мормышка said:

True, but the trouble with this virus is we don't know how bad it will be and how many will die until it is under control. With influenza we have experience, we know how many people die on a yearly basis, and we usually have a vaccine. None of that is true for this virus. So it is the unknown that makes this more serious.

That and the fact that this virus seems to be WAY more contagious in people without symptoms.   When you get influenza you are sick as hell for 7-10 days.  You are not spreading it around the community because you are mostly in bed (or hospitalized ) when you are the most contagious.  Not the case with Covid19.  

I hope this CV-19 doesn't come back every year like the flu !   We need to find the real source of this and put a stop to it . And I will never believe what China says .......

....is this the year of the "rat" ?

The source of it is likely a level 4 lab in Wuhan. Not trying to spread conspiracies but the virus is just too “perfect”.  

The “news” keeps talking about it returning seasonally.  I would suggest that it isn’t going to go away and we will be fighting cases continuously until a vaccine is approved.  Hopefully it won’t mutate by then. 

11 hours ago, icecy said:

True, but the trouble with this virus is we don't know how bad it will be and how many will die until it is under control. With influenza we have experience, we know how many people die on a yearly basis, and we usually have a vaccine. None of that is true for this virus. So it is the unknown that makes this more serious.

People die yearly form colds and the flu. In great numbers, but its never usually reported unless there is a name attached.

I say again: People dying directly OF CV-19 is miniscule compared to WITH having CV-19.  Big difference when the numbers are broken down. How many are false positives due to assessing with only basic symptoms and not proper lab testing? False positives

inflate the number of cases.

Research it all for yourself. Don't depend on the mainstream news to give you the answers or do the thinking for you.

A lot of fear is put  out there to make people sick with stress. 

Research and understand what a virus is and does/doesn't do.

Research and understand what a flu is and does/doesn't do.

Research and understand what a cold is and does/doesn't do.

2 hours ago, Mbocco said:

The source of it is likely a level 4 lab in Wuhan. Not trying to spread conspiracies but the virus is just too “perfect”.  

The “news” keeps talking about it returning seasonally.  I would suggest that it isn’t going to go away and we will be fighting cases continuously until a vaccine is approved.  Hopefully it won’t mutate by then. 

That is the unknown part. Not conspiracy. Countries working on biological warfare is nothing new.

Vaccine means you will be injecting it directly, so I wouldn't see that as safe. Let your immune system defeat it naturally. 

18 hours ago, smerchly said:

What an ordeal at the nut house today ....went to the Bulk  Barn for nuts and as I entered the "in door only"  I was directed to a lane with a stop sign "wait for help" . A lady came and asked what I was going to need and I pumped out a good shot of gel soap ,then a pair of thin transparent gloves . I went to a nut bin and told her I want a pound (one large scoop) .She bagged them with a twist tie ,then moved on to another bin .She handed me the filled bags ,then I followed her to the cash where I set the bags on the counter to be weighed and billed on the machine . I waved my Mastercard card over it , no beep , and it was rejected , another try , then a beep but no receipt . I said that's ok , headed for the door , called me back , got the  manager , try again , another "beep" but again ,no receipt ! So I brought out my debit card ,started transaction all over , punched in my pin no. and voila , it worked ,with a receipt ! Now I'll have to check my bank statement to see if I was double /triple charged !!  Nuts !!

That’s just nuts Bill. So when you tapped your card nuttin happened I guess.

54 minutes ago, мормышка said:

That is the unknown part. Not conspiracy. Countries working on biological warfare is nothing new.

Vaccine means you will be injecting it directly, so I wouldn't see that as safe. Let your immune system defeat it naturally. 

Most of our vaccines these days are not injections of the live virus.  The flu vaccine is NOT live, merely a protein component of the virus to trigger an immune response.  

People who have died with the virus may have also died regardless. True enough but there will never be a reliable way to quantify that. 

Also, the numbers of death and infection are UNDER reported not over reported.  That is fact.  China is a separate conversation where their numbers are completely false.  The Niagara region as an example, most deaths have not been reported and we rarely test.  That is not disputed by our health department here. Talking directly from the front lines I can assure you that there are thousands, not hundreds of cases here.  The vast majority are barely ill thankfully.  I don’t direct them to a testing center as they wouldn’t be allowed to be tested...I just send them home to self isolate.  Ask any ER physician and they will tell you the same.  But, unlike most flu viruses these asymptomatic people are likely the people who are spreading it the most, many of which don’t even realize it.  

This may not be real to you and most people under 50 will hardly be ill, but I assure you it is very real to anyone older especially those with diabetes, heart disease, hampered immune systems, and/or any kind of lung issue. 

6 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Most of our vaccines these days are not injections of the live virus.  The flu vaccine is NOT live, merely a protein component of the virus to trigger an immune response.  

People who have died with the virus may have also died regardless. True enough but there will never be a reliable way to quantify that. 

Also, the numbers of death and infection are UNDER reported not over reported.  That is fact.  China is a separate conversation where their numbers are completely false.  The Niagara region as an example, most deaths have not been reported and we rarely test.  That is not disputed by our health department here. Talking directly from the front lines I can assure you that there are thousands, not hundreds of cases here.  The vast majority are barely ill thankfully.  I don’t direct them to a testing center as they wouldn’t be allowed to be tested...I just send them home to self isolate.  Ask any ER physician and they will tell you the same.  But, unlike most flu viruses these asymptomatic people are likely the people who are spreading it the most, many of which don’t even realize it.  

This may not be real to you and most people under 50 will hardly be ill, but I assure you it is very real to anyone older especially those with diabetes, heart disease, hampered immune systems, and/or any kind of lung issue. 

What is a virus and how does it work?

Archived