Petition to open boat ramps

boogaloo

Please check out the petition going around on Face Book to open the boat ramps. Thanks...........................Daniel

19 hours ago, мормышка said:

That's a good thing. I signed even though I don't boat. People need to get out. 

I signed to also help the shore anglers fish in peace !   

Nice weather is upon us ....keep people locked up too much ,   there will be a big price to pay ....  🎇

Buddy called me today that has a cottage on the Grand River and wanted to know if he can fish.

I called the MNR and answer was Fishing & Hunting is not closed.

I think the trouble lies on were he can launch or is he allowed can put his boat in and leave his boat on his dock on the river.

He fishes by himself. 

47 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

Buddy called me today that has a cottage on the Grand River and wanted to know if he can fish.

I called the MNR and answer was Fishing & Hunting is not closed.

I think the trouble lies on were he can launch or is he allowed can put his boat in and leave his boat on his dock on the river.

He fishes by himself. 

The trouble is how vague some of the wording is combined with the closure of all "parks".  So the parking lot for Jaycee Gardens (off Ontario Street) is closed ... what if I park on a side street and walk to the park and fish martindale pond from walking in ... since I could easily bypass the gate without seeing the sign ... the Ontario government has really f***ed this whole thing up since plenty of the policies are Toronto-centric it would seem.  Close the parks in Toronto ... makes sense since there could be thousands of people trying to use a very small space.  In St. Catharines?  I have fished in some of the city areas that are now closed and the only time anyone is within six feet of me is when they want to see my lure or look in the bucket if i am using minnows as bait.

I was going to go to J.C. to see if the mulch pile was open , then drop a line there .  How about Rennie Snags?  People walk their dogs , cycle , and stroll from park to park . If the WANT people to stay out of that area post some "Covid" signs and say KEEP OUT or be fined $880  !   Do they want us ALL to stay at home or cooped up in apartments ?  Ain't gonna happen .... they are pushing their luck and people will revolt and come out in masses . They better lighten up before the bitterness and  "anti -social behaviour" sets in ......

ANGLERS ARE NO THREAT TO OTHERS WHEN KEEPING A SAFE DISTANCE !!  .....tight lines !    :Gonefishing:

Young kids need to get out doors and  expel some built up energy . It's bad enough kids today spend so much time sitting on their butts with their face stuck on a phone or screen playing games . The last statements in the video are exactly what I have stated here .....people will have no respect left for the law , their city councils and mayors  etc. The $880 fine is sick !  We don't need a hostile society ! The bylaw person could have told them to leave at best . Another month or more of this bull crap will lead to chaos and riots . Give people some slack , we don't want to have the army in the streets ( shades of Wuhan) !

I hope that family gets thousands of dollars from people who cherish a free society .

Yes, how about those cooped up in a small home or apartment? That adds stress, more anxiety due to less activity and restricted social interaction (especially for young ones in mental development). Now, some people's highlight is lining up to get in a store. This is just a small part of the overall impact, but more consequences down the road. Now they're projecting (planning) for another 18 + months? I wonder how many financial ruins, suicides, substance abuse and further mental illnesses will rise? Not reported of course other than as a casualty of COVID-19 (as directed by CDC).

You believe that somebody high up is really concerned about your health?

For those living in high rise apartments and have no balconies , getting fresh air must be a chore . How do they control the elevators when people leave to get their groceries  ?  A 6' x 6' elevator means one person at a time , or one person per corner ? ....

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

For those living in high rise apartments and have no balconies , getting fresh air must be a chore . How do they control the elevators when people leave to get their groceries  ?  A 6' x 6' elevator means one person at a time , or one person per corner ? ....

Creating more stress to lower immunity. There is a saying; "Security without freedom is prison"

The big on the road protest in Lansing, Michigan is a sign of people getting fed up.

My opinion about the video above. Empty lot, signs on the posts should have been a clue, never mind the thousands of requests to stay home from the public officials. Just because there were no other people around doesn't make it OK to contravene emergency measures bylaws...

39 minutes ago, icecy said:

My opinion about the video above. Empty lot, signs on the posts should have been a clue, never mind the thousands of requests to stay home from the public officials. Just because there were no other people around doesn't make it OK to contravene emergency measures bylaws...

Adults making adult decisions.

Archived