Be careful

gunner-2

Not sure, most likely shore fishing since the boat launch is closed, but this I getting out of control....Three cop cars? really, I guess the criminals have self isolated. 

Open the boat launches and the shoreline for people to fish but keep self distance. The municipality has done a horrible job closing parks with no posted signs clarifying the detailed restrictions. 

Looks like the prime minister had a great time this weekend with his family... 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, smerchly said:

I'm doing the "distance"  thing as requested ...... 

Some people in the grocery stores can't read the signs or follow the arrows on the floor . Tell them they're going the wrong way and you get the blank stare .... I hope they don't drive ....   :dunno:

I was pointing that out to a bunch of people 2 weekends ago...as people where waiting for others to pass ..I yelled out a few times."this wouldn't be happening if people where going the right way"... "do you guys all drive the wrong way on a 1 way street"...."there's big red arrows on the floor for a reason"...saying it plenty loud enough that everyone around could easily hear.....that as my other half was trying to tell me to keep it down...people can hear me...lol...while my reply was "good...I hope they can hear me because obviously they cant see.. or they would all see they are going the wrong way"...... to snags question....I dont think it matters....the area is closed to people ...looks good on them if they get a ticket for being somewhere they shouldn't...its not new news that marinas ect are closed right now

6 hours ago Smerchly said

I'm doing the "distance"  thing as requested ...... 

Some people in the grocery stores can't read the signs or follow the arrows on the floor . Tell them they're going the wrong way and you get the blank stare .... I hope they don't drive ....

20 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

I was pointing that out to a bunch of people 2 weekends ago...as people where waiting for others to pass ..I yelled out a few times."this wouldn't be happening if people where going the right way"... "do you guys all drive the wrong way on a 1 way street"...."there's big red arrows on the floor for a reason"...saying it plenty loud enough that everyone around could easily hear.....that as my other half was trying to tell me to keep it down...people can hear me...lol...while my reply was "good...I hope they can hear me because obviously they cant see.. or they would all see they are going the wrong way"...... to snags question....I dont think it matters....the area is closed to people ...looks good on them if they get a ticket for being somewhere they shouldn't...its not new news that marinas ect are closed right now

That happened to me at wallymart and nofrill.  I'm not looking at the floor, and apparently going the wrong way.  Coming across many a person, and we would laughed. Sometimes holding our breath and then bursting out laughing. Even one guy who's job was to ensure arrows were followed started laughing as well.

21 hours ago, smerchly said:

You know well  how our governments work  Bruce . 

Just Googled up a word my mind came up with and checked out the meaning .......(copy & paste)

"Totalitarianism is a political system or a form of government that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life. It is regarded as the most extreme and complete form of authoritarianism."

couldn't have said it better myself  ......

Sounds like North Korea

Ya my wife was just at Walmart  and some were going against the arrows . She is friendly , easy going and people who pass her going the wrong way don't even get a glance . She has a sensitive nose though , and  gives some smokers who get too close a lot more room .

As JWL said ,

If you have to cross over/under a taped off area you may have your bank book lightened up a tad .....or ignoring the C-19 signs saying No Entrance to park etc. There's plenty of wide open spaces to do your "thing"   B)

3 hours ago, steelshady said:

On my way home today I saw three cop cars at Jordan Harbor Beacon Marina busting fisherman.....

They closed the ramp to the public since I was last there . But I believe they keep the ramp open for rescues and marina maintenance .  

Did these anglers cross a taped or signed area ? 

I still think the $880 fines are way overboard as the families will  be punished also .

11 minutes ago, genec said:

Found out from Welland city hall today that It is okay to fish the rec canal, as long as you are distancing.

Good to hear there are some city councils who have common sense . My cousin visited me today from Welland and told me the same thing . We talked in my driveway 7 feet apart , wind blowing between us .

I have some minnows left ....  :Gonefishing:

3 hours ago, steelshady said:

On my way home today I saw three cop cars at Jordan Harbor Beacon Marina busting fisherman.....

I drove by on my way home from the farm. There were a dozen cars at the end of the lot.

Meanwhile Truedope traveled to Quebec to be with his family that are staying there while he is staying in Ottawa. His own distancing rules don't apply to "His Arrogance"  But  a father takes his kids to an empty parking lot to roller skate and gets an 880 dollar fine.

Hahaha... this crap kills me, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.  "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also travelled over the weekend, heading to Harrington Lake, which is about 25 kilometres from his home, Rideau Cottage, in Ottawa."... Ryan Tumilty, National Post.  So J.T. literally drives 10-15min down the road to his "cottage" and the media/haters rip him apart. Meanwhile Scheer rams his brood (5 kids/wife) into a fairly small private plane, already with passengers (May/Qualtrough, security detail & crew) and flies 1000kms across country & crickets from the forum crew...hahaha (headshaker)

As for the $880 fine, that was complete BS and I hope he fights it. That being said most of these policies/laws/bylaws being put into place aren't coming from the FEDS but from the province and municipalities. If you have an issue with them, point your finger to Dougie, your MPP or your mayor. 

BTW looking at the numbers, Canada seems to be handling the COVID pandemic much better then most of our G20 counterparts. Its good to see that our politicians from the FEDS, Province and Municipalities and regardless of party affiliation seem to be on the same page for once...

Go fishing (alone) and stay safe fellas....

I don't see the harm in fishing from shore.................As long as fishermen obey the social distancing rules, it's the same thing as being socially distant in a grocery store or some other store...........I certainly hope that they don't come down on people for being active in a recreational setting..........................

4 hours ago, Tony said:

I don't see the harm in fishing from shore.................As long as fishermen obey the social distancing rules, it's the same thing as being socially distant in a grocery store or some other store......

Not quite the same thing Tony ......  fishermen stay MORE than 6 feet from others as a rule .  They have proven a cough or sneeze travels more than 6 feet .  People waiting in lineups outside to get their groceries can spread a cough to others many more feet downwind . I had to wear plastic gloves at the Bulk Barn and not touch any bins.....maybe make wearing masks mandatory as well ?   😷

7 hours ago, heatmiser74 said:

Hahaha... this crap kills me, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.  "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also travelled over the weekend, heading to Harrington Lake, which is about 25 kilometres from his home, Rideau Cottage, in Ottawa."... Ryan Tumilty, National Post.

Who cares about sheer, he isn't the one loading the country.  JT is the leader and preaches a lead by example.  Quebec is also turning people away who have no reason to go into the province.  JT preaches about social distancing which is fine when you have someone doing all your "chores" for you.  I would love to skip grocery shopping, but unfortunately two or three store visits need to happen because of all the panic buying on things.  He preaches social distancing, which if his kids and wife are living elsewhere for the time, he should not be travelling to visit.  I would love to visit my parents, but since I don't live at their address I won't, I don't need the fine.  It is a true shame only slimeball types want to run for office, if there was ever a honest politician for this country or province, things would be much different.

Re:  The fine of $750 plus taxes and fees to make it $888, it is valid in some situations with how people behave.  There always will be two sides to every story and I think some of the outrage over these fines is solely based on hearing one side, but you know who is drooling over profiting off of these fines ... the lawyers and the courts.  The lack of clarity and generic wording will definitely help.  From what I have read, it seems to be okay with you are following a path, but if you stop and sit you might wind up with a fine.

12 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I had to wear plastic gloves at the Bulk Barn and not touch any bins.....maybe make wearing masks mandatory as well ?   😷

Don't give them the idea Smerch ... unfortunately most of the masks are being worn incorrectly.  On my flight yesterday there was a buy wearing a mask that is designed to cover your mouth and nose ... he was covering his mouth and his chin.  Other people were wearing masks that were fashion over actual use, in the sense that it will only stop large particulate.  Plus masks should really not be getting reused and when it comes to N95s, they are only truly 99% useful when they are properly fitted and I will wager most people wearing them do not know that.

Also for masks ... watch this if the linked video works.

Snags, that video is gross!

And people have to wear those when companies buy that product, assuming they were made in sanitary conditions??

Really emphasizes the need to buy only Canadian made!!

Doug Ford is right about being self-sufficient in Ontario for PPE manufacturing!!

On 4/13/2020 at 10:44 PM, smerchly said:

You know well  how our governments work  Bruce . 

Just Googled up a word my mind came up with and checked out the meaning .......(copy & paste)

"Totalitarianism is a political system or a form of government that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life. It is regarded as the most extreme and complete form of authoritarianism."

couldn't have said it better myself  ......

I'm sharing that quote smerch!  Sounds pretty familiar!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 7:29 PM, Captain Hooksets said:

Grocery stores yes, people have to eat.  People don’t need to fish- Having a fish fry here and there isn’t essential to feeding a family...sorry.  

My boat is parked. 

Thx for the excellent advice Captain!!!

In the 2 weeks since this advice was posted I have come to learn that MANY !!! fisherpeople on this site have a

huge sense of entitlement!!! ( YES EVEN THE OWNER THINKS HIS WANTS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THE THE REST OF US!!!) 

Sad, very sad!!! 

If you google - What can I do as an individual to help stop C-19 you will find the same thing everywhere!!!

What is that advice?

STAY HOME!!!

It's people  on here and the like minded who refuse to adhere to the travel ban that will lead to martial law!!

Then it will be them making the biggest tear puddles after they caused it!!!

12 minutes ago, slabtime said:

it!!!

12 minutes ago, slabtime said:

It's people  on here and the like minded who refuse to adhere to the travel ban that will lead to martial law!!

Then it will be them making the biggest tear puddles after they caused it!!!

Fortunately , some people on here and many others I know do not follow the herd . We can see how easily the governments can easily become a dictatorship . We will do whatever it takes to fight that move .  I was fishing today ....next guy was 60 feet away . We were both much safer than the hundreds shopping at our local Walmart today . (happy shopping) !

To those who value a free society that our soldiers fought for .....have a great day outdoors , enjoy the fresh air , the bright sun ...and happy hooking .    :Gonefishing:

In reply to Slabtime's post, I want to include the following article:

Premier Says Fishing Season Won't Be Delayed
Dryden, ON, Canada / CKDR Mike Ebbeling April 16, 2020 03:19 pm
Despite COVID-19, fishing season will open as normal in Ontario.
That's the word from Premier Doug Ford.
However, Ford is encouraging organizers of fishing derbies and tournaments to cancel their events this year.
"Fishing will still be open, but the fishing derbies, we're requesting, we're not putting an order in, but I think it's common sense, we don't want the fishing derbies to happen."
With some boat launches closed, (City of Dryden launches remain open), Ford is encouraging anglers to get out, mind their personal distances, and fish from shore.
"If people want to make sure of their social distance and they are on the shore and they want to throw a reel and a hook in the water, than by all means, as long as they focus on the social distancing rules."
Ford says he doesn't see any issue of going outside and getting some fresh air as long as you are following the rules.

Slabtime, the STAY HOME part is so you DON'T contact OTHER PEOPLE!!!

Fishing and hunting by yourself is NOT CONTACTING OTHER PEOPLE - what part of this don't you understand?

Mr slab....I have personally known some of the members on here for almost 20 years...I can tell you that the ones I know certainly dont think they are entitled to anything...many of us have directly worked on conservation efforts with local clubs and the mnr...have paid thier dues  by putting in many volunteer hours over the years to help ensure there are angling..hunting..and outdoor activities for many years to come...and have opened opportunities for everyone..so as far as entitlement goes...not entitled.....we worked for it....and as far as finding a way to enjoy them at this time....I can assure you that the people I know will be doing so way more responsibly than the average person going to the grocery store....will be bringing everything they need from home... not stopping anywhere in between...not going anywhere that is closed...and not going to be in contact with other people.....if that's not social distancing and being responsible I dont know what is....i have more of a chance of getting sick from anything or spreading a germ at work later tonight than i ever will casting a line where i am going..and after all this is a fishing forum.. not a female dog about the pandemic forum...lol....

Archived