Be careful

gunner-2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, slabtime said:

Thx for the excellent advice Captain!!!

In the 2 weeks since this advice was posted I have come to learn that MANY !!! fisherpeople on this site have a

huge sense of entitlement!!! ( YES EVEN THE OWNER THINKS HIS WANTS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THE THE REST OF US!!!) 

Sad, very sad!!! 

If you google - What can I do as an individual to help stop C-19 you will find the same thing everywhere!!!

What is that advice?

STAY HOME!!!

It's people  on here and the like minded who refuse to adhere to the travel ban that will lead to martial law!!

Then it will be them making the biggest tear puddles after they caused it!!!

You don’t like the site then see ya, I invited you here because you were a fisherman not covid cop. 
everything I do is within the law, if they want to lock us up inside then make that the law.  Till then I’ll be out enjoying life.  I bet you I wash and sanitize myself, my vehicle and my house more then you and I don’t even go to the stores to get groceries.  I highly doubt I spreading anything. If I felt sick I’d stay home.  
Stay home if you want  , more space for us fishermen......

46 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Fortunately , some people on here and many others I know do not follow the herd . We can see how easily the governments can easily become a dictatorship . We will do whatever it takes to fight that move .  I was fishing today ....next guy was 60 feet away . We were both much safer than the hundreds shopping at our local Walmart today . (happy shopping) !

To those who value a free society that our soldiers fought for .....have a great day outdoors , enjoy the fresh air , the bright sun ...and happy hooking .    :Gonefishing:

I only appeared that far away Bill, I'll lend you my glasses next time out :tease:

I think lockdown makes people crazy and miserable whether they know it or not. 

Here is a glimmer of hope.  Humid warmer weather historically slows the spread of coronaviruses.  This is holding true in warmer states and Southern Hemisphere countries.  

Let’s hope I’m correct. 

Took a friends daughter out fishing today. She caught her first bull head catfish, and really enjoyed being out of the

house and experiencing the beauty the out doors have to offer during these trying times. Any one who thinks this is wrong......I'll keep that opinion to myself.

Many of us are going fishing tomorrow, actually, I have been fishing five days a week since work is limited due to the virus, practicing social distancing of course.  Read this weekly fishing report from New York  that I follow each week:

https://www.niagarafallsusa.com/things-to-do/outdoor-adventure/fishing/weekly-fishing-report/

What a different prospective, especially with a state that has been hit the hardest with the virus.  Tough country that is  ready to fight and not sit at home.  My two cents...

This where I will be social distancing at its finest...for now time to head to work 🤪... which is apparently "ok".... so the way I figure it the latter certainly is........lol

20190510_093100.jpg

14 minutes ago, steelshady said:

What a different prospective, especially with a state that has been hit the hardest with the virus.  Tough country that is  ready to fight and not sit at home. 

The American people will fight for what they believe in ..... Our 'leader'  admires communist China ......

Thanks for the link steelshady ..... nice to see that paper encourage people to enjoy the out doors and give tips on catching fish !

Believe me...I spent a good chunk of time doing my due diligence today....came across the ofah site...looked it over very well... crossed referenced everything on a couple maps to make sure my destination didn't cross any lines

25 minutes ago, steelshady said:

Many of us are going fishing tomorrow, actually, I have been fishing five days a week since work is limited due to the virus, practicing social distancing of course.  Read this weekly fishing report from New York  that I follow each week:

https://www.niagarafallsusa.com/things-to-do/outdoor-adventure/fishing/weekly-fishing-report/

What a different prospective, especially with a state that has been hit the hardest with the virus.  Tough country that is  ready to fight and not sit at home.  My two cents...

Wow that report says it all!!!

A country that has 4.25% of the earths population is suffering almost 33% of the new cases and deaths world wide every day.

Oh how I wish our country could be that tough!!!

Wouldn't it be great if Canada was smart enough to ignore C -19 and carry on as usual until our death rate was way closer to 15%

of the worlds total!!! 

56 minutes ago, steelshady said:

Many of us are going fishing tomorrow, actually, I have been fishing five days a week since work is limited due to the virus, practicing social distancing of course. (AND OF COURSE TOTALLY IGNORING THE TRAVEL BAN!!!!)  Read this weekly fishing report from New York  that I follow each week:

1 hour ago, knightfisher said:

I only appeared that far away Bill, I'll lend you my glasses next time out :tease:

You don't look to be 67 years old Daniel  .  I had my sun glasses on ( by focal) . You "appeared" to be much further than 6' away  ...

Good to see you got fish today .   (Beamsville F & C) ?    :tease::tease:

....going to try another spot tomorrow (red barn area)  Dougie said it is a good spot .....

34 minutes ago, slabtime said:

Wouldn't it be great if Canada was smart enough to ignore C -19 and carry on as usual until our death rate was way closer to 15%

of the worlds total!!! 

What would be great is if people with this warped sense of logic actually took the time to actually THINK logically instead of just spouting the “I’m right and your wrong” garbage.

Slabtime, what part of Doug Ford’s quote that I posted saying fishing is okay didn’t you understand?

If you want to stay home, then fine...stay home!  But stop MISINTERPRETING the logic BEHIND the stay home concept!!

38 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Good to see you got fish today .   (Beamsville F & C) ?    :tease::tease:

Are we allowed to swear at others on this forum.....Bill. Actually we should of probably bought some. Breanne out fished the teacher and assistant. Good on her.

Joe and I are trying to figure out why we got the white stripe today. Buddy beside us keep catching carp.

Back to school I guess.

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

The American people will fight for what they believe in ..... Our 'leader'  admires communist China ......

Thanks for the link steelshady ..... nice to see that paper encourage people to enjoy the out doors and give tips on catching fish !

Been reading Bill Hilts reports for the last 10 years since I moved down here...True sportsman and a great journalist; talk about common sense and fighting for your rights to preserve the outdoors.  I don't think they have ever linked one case of the virus to fishing in the outdoors....

1 hour ago, slabtime said:

What travel ban are you referring to? Where do you get your groceries from? I rather catch my dinner with no one around then go to the superstore and stand in line with people coughing and sneezing for 30 min...lol

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

The American people will fight for what they believe in 

That's for sure!! They have been trained as a society to kill first and try to figure it out later!!

My personal favorite was the old lady in Florida. She point blank shot the man stealing her purse six times in the back.

When asked by the judge why she shot him six times she replied . " Cause my gun won't go bang no more!!!

They all laughed and the old lady went home!! The problem is

they will also shoot  a bunch of school kids for what they believe in!!

They will also blow up a bunch of people enjoying a marathon for what they believe in.. 

Let's rent a room in Vegas and let the concert goers know what we  believe in.

To this day Americans idolize some of the worst people in their society!!

The orange orangutan is the latest example of their heroes.. 

7 hours ago, slabtime said:

That's for sure!! They have been trained as a society to kill first and try to figure it out later!!

My personal favorite was the old lady in Florida. She point blank shot the man stealing her purse six times in the back.

When asked by the judge why she shot him six times she replied . " Cause my gun won't go bang no more!!!

They will also blow up a bunch of people enjoying a marathon for what they believe in.. 

Been to Nova Scotia lately ?

8 hours ago, slabtime said:

Extremism, whether right or left leaning is equally dangerous. People need to think for themselves rather than blindly follow one ideology, leader, religion etc.  You see these people in ones that get upset if you criticize Trump for something he says that it is obviously wrong, or with someone that gets defensive when you criticize Trudeau for wearing blackface yet calling other people racist that have a differing opinion. The same people frantically grasp for arbitrary, random facts, thoughts, misquoted statements, or statements taken out of context to support their ideologies. The next step is trying to preach to everyone to adopt their way as the only way. Luckily we live in a democracy, and the silent majority can think for themselves, see both sides of the story and will say enough is enough at some point. In the States they say enough is enough more quickly and loudly than we do in Canada. There are pros and cons to both as always.

Beautiful morning to get out for some fresh air.

10 hours ago, slabtime said:

Can we ban this tin foil hat, peta loving, tree hugging loser please?

14 hours ago, genec said:

Slabtime, what part of Doug Ford’s quote that I posted saying fishing is okay didn’t you understand?

If you want to stay home, then fine...stay home!  But stop MISINTERPRETING the logic BEHIND the stay home concept!!

LOL thanks for the Duggy humor. Perhaps you didn't realize Duggy is a politician. Even if he does tell the truth it only applies to a couple seconds of now time. As he leaves the podium there is a new truth and what he just said no longer applies!!

That is 1 of most important things of being a politician!!!

Hey Genac have you done any research about Rice Lake? Any idea how Duggies quote is helping fishermen there?

Nope of course not or you would not be suggesting anyone to read his garbage!!!

A very good friend of mine owns a couple acres with 200' of Rice Lake shore line. 

He lives up there all summer. So far he knows of 3 people ticketed and 1 person had their boat confiscated.

My friend has been warned he must go home to his listed permanent residence or he will get fine and taken away!!  He can't stay at his cottage.

His property has a 120 year old farm house on it that I personally renovated from top to bottom over a 5 year span. It can sleep 14 people. It is empty.

He has a cottage from the 40's approx, 1000 sq. ft. Totally renovated and it sleeps 8. It is empty.

There is a second 1000 sq, ft. cottage that we are currently doing that sleeps 6 and it is empty.

Last but not least there is a big newer trailer approx 2012. It sleeps 8 and is also empty.

Not only can he not have family or friends there, he can't even go without the fear of being arrested.

He is currently getting his Rice Lake property listed as his permanent residence so he can go there without the risk of an unnecessary travel fine!!!

3 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

Beautiful morning to get out for some fresh air.

Yes it sure is. For those who aren't under quarantine!

This is day 2 of 14 for me!!!

5 hours ago, smerchly said:

Been to Nova Scotia lately ?

Nope but some life long friends of mine just moved there 2 months ago. Their new place is about 40 miles away from the scene.

In the U.S.A. that whole thing would be considered a minor family dispute and 80% of Americans would never even hear about it!!

1 hour ago, slabtime said:

In the U.S.A. that whole thing would be considered a minor family dispute and 80% of Americans would never even hear about it!!

Minor dispute ?? Please give my American friends some credit .....Their cities are huge  and 10 times our population & the cops there don't hesitate to shoot when their life is threatened . Their courts hand out much tougher jail times and count each crime (murder) as a separate crime , handing out 3 life sentences , etc.

My ex. was from Truro  N.S. close the that multi murder scene . I visited there once back in the 80's ....They liked to drink and smoke their weed I can tell you ..... but very nice people !  They are having a tough time trying to make sense of the senseless killings ...

Archived