2020 Hunting Regs Are Out

1 hour ago, verado said:

Our hunting camp has had a 14 foot aluminum boat stashed on a small lake in case we needed it for a moose retrieval. Some idiot took an axe to it years ago putting several large gashes in it rendering it unusable. I wonder if that Mega Stick would work on it?

Probably people who don't like hunters may have used the axe to it . If you closed up the gashes , cleaned the rips with steel wool , the Mega Stick might be a quick fix...use on both sides. One spot on my canoe had a 3' crack caused by the floor heaving up and down . I had it welded on both sides , never leaked since ,and then I put a vertical aluminum pipe between the floor and center cross piece which keeps the flat floor from heaving .

Princess Auto sells the same stuff  by JB Weld .....

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/waterweld-epoxy-putty/A-p8941569e 

The Mega Stick I used is about 10 years old , but still seems to stick very well to the aluminum .

OK thanks, I used a similar product to patch a hole in a steel water pipe on my swimming pool heater and it held perfectly for about 20 years.

The Mega Stick I used is 4 oz.  ...The water weld epoxy from P.Auto is 2 oz. ,but will be plenty for doing most jobs.

After it cured I used a few different grinding pads on my drill to make it more presentable before the paint job. I picked up some camo paint while getting some food at W.Mart .

Canoe , Mega patch.jpg

The tubes are small and cheap  , so it might be something boaters (hunting or fishing) can keep on hand for emergency leaks . One time after popping a rivet on an aluminum boat we used some sticky pine sap to plug the leak .

Now that we have all the leaks fixed .......  ahem ! ..... and after we get back to living a normal life again ,  I hope you guys have a successful year in the bush as well !    :th_fudd:...........................  🦃

:ArcherySmiley:..................    🦌      and take your rods too .......................:Gonefishing:

Archived