Fished Today

genec

Took a rod and tried fishing for an hour at the Rec Canal, while staying away from anyone else.

Didn’t catch anything, and I didn’t care...it just felt so good to be out in the sunshine with a rod in my hand!!

It was a fine fine day today !   🌞  I fished Lake Gibson at two spots for carp , but the green slime on the bottom kept covering my puffed corn , even though it floats a few inches off bottom ....no bites, but as Gene said , it was so nice to enjoy the sunshine . It also got hoards of people out there today ....traffic was as busy as any summer day . One fishing spot was very busy and some anglers turned away to avoid rubbing knees ......

We have had a colder spring than usual so many didn't mind staying at home , but as I saw today on the way home about 2 pm, the roads were very busy , many cyclists , people walking dogs , people doing Tai Chi in a park , motor cycles ....just like a regular busy summer day !  Nice weather will get the people on the move !

My first spot is where I met Lorne M (hammercarp) , so I fished the same way ...oat-corn pack bait and corn puff .....but the slime was bad on the bottom , will have to wait a couple weeks, and carp may be spawning  . So sad to see tons of garbage and fishing line there , but watching the vultures , hawks , ducks and cormorants overhead also made time "fly" . Off in the distance ,across the lake I saw the usual 2 swans tending their nest that come back every year ..took a long shot, zoomed in on my pute and saw there were geese and mallards near the geese that I didn't see from the long distance . Always nice to take in the wildlife ....also saved a honeybee from drowning ,,,stuck a branch out and it climbed aboard .

Met a few NFN'ers today including the "boss" ....Nice to chat with y'all !!

gib swans 25-04-2020.jpg

2 hours ago, genec said:

Took a rod and tried fishing for an hour at the Rec Canal, while staying away from anyone else.

Didn’t catch anything, and I didn’t care...it just felt so good to be out in the sunshine with a rod in my hand!!

Son and I got out south of dain 1250m marker and south of that,in our yaks,with minnows, 1.5 hours,no takers no sniffers

FF

Just now, мормышка said:

Really busy everywhere. Good to see people out and about and starting to wake up out of the induced hibernation. 

nice week ahead .... hope the fish also come out .....   :Gonefishing:

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Met a few NFN'ers today including the "boss" ....Nice to chat with y'all !!

Thanks Bill :tease:But didn't feel like one today. Joe and I also got the white stripe today as well.

Like you said though, great day to be out for sure.

:Gonefishing:

Better days ahead boss .....  Warmer temps this week , warmer water ,  should chase the skunks away . Hope they open up the parks soon ...

I've only been out once this year...............Can't wait for my next time out on the water............Been spending a lot of time with my 3 year old grandson who is bored out of his mind......................😎😎😎

It was a pleasure talking to you at Gibson Bill. I never did find what I was looking for but it sure was nice to be out............Daniel

30 minutes ago, boogaloo said:

It was a pleasure talking to you at Gibson Bill. I never did find what I was looking for but it sure was nice to be out............Daniel

I was a pleasant surprise to see you again Daniel , I guess my van on the side of the road was a dead give away that the smerch was on the loose  .And your encounter with the black legged tick spooked me enough to give myself a head to toe once over when I hit the shower last night .  ....good time for us all to remember that ticks can kill us too ! 

Nice chatting yesterday smerch. We went to that spot you told us about. I think the same carp guys were there. We stayed for a couple hours and didn’t see anything caught.  In the morning we were at the whirlpool and see some baby geese take their first flight(more like a tumble) they were on a cliff about 30’ high and the mom/dad flew down into the river and started calling the chicks down. Next thing you know they’re walking off the cliff and falling into the river after bouncing off a Boulder.  It was crazy to see.  There was one duckling that couldn’t keep up with the rest and the mom n dad left maybe because we were there. So I scooped him up and released him with the family.  Beautiful day to be out. 

Nice to see some reports from a bunch of nfn diehards...and some all around info from various areas as well....we all sure had a beautiful day to enjoy some sunshine and fresh air yesterday....waking up to a cold rainy day today...I'm sure glad the trip I took yesterday wasnt planned for today...lol...good day to stay in and patch the bones...lol

6 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

good day to stay in and patch the bones...lol

I hope you heal up soon old son , warmer days are on the horizon .  You can use a rocking chair if you want to join us in a leisurely carp day on the bank .  

7 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Nice chatting yesterday smerch. We went to that spot you told us about. I think the same carp guys were there. We stayed for a couple hours and didn’t see anything caught.

The bite seems to taper off after noonish ....  I didn't get a bite at both spots , even though the weather was great !  Good on ya for helping the gosling get back to ma & pa !  I saved a drowning honey bee !!   :pardon:

On a sad note ....we still have the no brainers who trash our spots  .....may not all be anglers , but the tell tale signs were there .  A truck would be needed to clean up my first spot !  As usual I look for line and picked up 3 large balls of it .... hate to see wildlife tangled in these webs and die a slow death .....

line trash.jpg

On 4/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, fredfisher said:

Son and I got out south of dain 1250m marker and south of that,in our yaks,with minnows, 1.5 hours,no takers no sniffers

FF

What was the water clarity like? This time of year you need to fish the edge of the dirty and clearer water.

Thanks Mark I’ll look for that next yak outting

-water was crystal clear..in the 1.5 hours we didn’t travel too far as it was a lazy drift along,get sunburn type of day.we didn’t see any dirty water..not even coming out of these

01163E11-0FDA-4058-B653-36CC25A038D0.jpeg

Archived