Any updates on boat ramps?

FishingDayz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, FishingDayz said:

Just found out the decision is on the individual municipalities.  Since all of Niagara’s municipalities are in a current state of emergency and they will remain closed 

https://www.haldimandcounty.ca/haldimand-norfolk-counties-to-re-open-trails-and-parks-for-resident-walk-through-use/

In accordance with Provincial Orders, boat launches, piers, playgrounds, pavilions, sporting fields/courts and other outdoor amenities will remain closed until further notice in an effort to protect community safety.

That's a bit older news.  Yesterday Doug Ford told marinas to prepare for opening.  Marinas should be open soon with physical distancing rules enforced.

• Marinas may also begin preparations for the recreational boating season by servicing boats and other watercraft and placing boats in the water, but not open to the public. Boats and watercraft must be secured to a dock in the marina until public access is allowed.

At least it's some sort of positive news...the issue is and will be hoards of people not minding thier ps and qs.... heck if you got the patience to fish all day...what's a few minutes extra to get your boat in and out of the water.???...and we all know in general a little courtesy at the launch goes a long way🎣

19 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

At least it's some sort of positive news...the issue is and will be hoards of people not minding thier ps and qs.... heck if you got the patience to fish all day...what's a few minutes extra to get your boat in and out of the water.???...and we all know in general a little courtesy at the launch goes a long way🎣

Courtesy at crystal beach on a saturday morning? Ha! That's a good one! 🤣

Grab a coffee and drive to the PC ramp on a gorgeous Saturday and Sunday after you get back from fishing of course and watch the free entertainment.  Unbelievable at what you will see. So many different ways of backing in a trailer and putting a boat on a trailer.  Lol.  

I think they should open all ramps the same day to avoid crowding ....and I'm sure it will happen very soon ! ...  smooth sailing !   🛥️

1 hour ago, deetch said:

Grab a coffee and drive to the PC ramp on a gorgeous Saturday and Sunday after you get back from fishing of course and watch the free entertainment.  Unbelievable at what you will see. So many different ways of backing in a trailer and putting a boat on a trailer.  Lol.  

I remember my very first time ever trying to back a boat in.....put it this way ...a nice truck driver helped me get fishing that day🤣

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

I think they should open all ramps the same day to avoid crowding ....and I'm sure it will happen very soon ! ...  smooth sailing !   🛥️

I think they should open everything up all at once...then everyone will be so distracted that fishing will be quiet for a change😉🎣

2 hours ago, toaster said:

Love that launch.   Seen 2 boats fall off trailers last year.

Hahah oh yes, I’ve seen my fair share of funny things at that launch. However, being a boat owner, it gets very frustrating how stupid/ignorant people really are causing the ramp to get backed up. I.e. blowing up tubes on the ramp and dock, people trying to start their boat for the first time of the year and it won’t start or just leaving their vehicle and trailer parked in the ramp while they shoot the breeze with others for 10 minutes or so.  

What’s the funniest thing anyone has seen at a boat ramp ? 

One of the funniest things I ever saw at a boat launch was actually myself....and I helped a few other people get a laugh.....back in 2003...bought a brand spanking new boat package fresh from Nichols marine....maiden voyage...family in tote....my mom...siblings ..and my kids all gather for a picnic and take turns ripping around in the new boat.....put it in the water at the sodom rd dock.....pulled it down the dock so a couple other people had room to launch......first bunch hops in...gets comfortable....i go to the back of the boat to release the tilt lock and i step in 3 feet of water and rising!!!!!!......guess who was so excited about the new boat that he forgot to put the plug in?!@@@.... yep me!@!......I grab the plug...throw it in quick and turn on the bilge as I watch my mom's face turn white than the titanic.....haha....and about a dozen people watching as I laughed my way out of it.........its actually a memory that is making me laugh to myself as I type this

13 minutes ago, Captain Hooksets said:

how stupid/ignorant people really are causing the ramp to get backed up

I haven't used a local boat ramp in many years , only the private ramp at the trailer park which works good with normal or high water levels . There is always someone who will show up to help you launch when alone . 

Now that it costs 10 -20 bucks to launch a boat , isn't there some supervision from the boat ramp owners ? I would expect them to tell the misfits to move their asses .....

I cant wait to get this in the water!!!!🤪.....mmmm...I mean yo my fellow brethren... "shiny side up boys!"

20200502_160408.jpg

Archived