Gun Ownership Survey

genec

Found this link to a gun ownership survey posted on the OOD website, and thought it a good idea, did the survey myself, and decided to post here for Niagara gun owners to participate in.

Special: Survey on What Guns Mean to Us

Noah Schwartz, a PhD candidate at Carleton University, is running a survey for his research on the attitudes and values of Canadian gun owners.

- Survey took about 5 minutes.
- Share as you see fit. (You can forward this e-mail.)

https://carletonu.az1.qualtrics.com/...lnqMIQyKpWciNv

46 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

What type of questions are on it? I'm guessing that if you participated in the survey it may possibly be beneficial to us gun owners?

Read the first 5-6 questions, how many guns, for what use, how did you get them, why do you own guns etc.     To me this survey is setting oneself up.  We know where this information will end up.....

ps: I don't own any guns.

I'm always leery of surveys myself. Once you release your "data" you have no control how it is used, interpreted, or by who. As far as we know this could a front for some crazy wives group trying to find out how many guns are actually in their husbands safe! 

19 hours ago, мормышка said:

. Its fishing for information. But if your weapons are registered, they already have that information. 

The old "long gun" registry is gone......or so they say  I don't trust them and won't do a survey..............................Daniel

1 hour ago, boogaloo said:

The old "long gun" registry is gone......or so they say  I don't trust them and won't do a survey..............................Daniel

I don't own firearms, but I supported the "rights to own" type questions. I some day would like to, but strictly for hobby/collection/tinkering.

Well ....here we have it  !!  What's another  $ billion or two or more  ??

Judging by the comments  Trudeau will hang himself (hopefully) .....and there's NO money for our veterans who fought for "democracy"  ??  I thought we had a minority government ??

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-lies-and-subverts-democracy-to-push-his-anti-gun-agenda

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

Well ....here we have it  !!  What's another  $ billion or two or more  ??

Judging by the comments  Trudeau will hang himself (hopefully) .....and there's NO money for our veterans who fought for "democracy"  ??  I thought we had a minority government ??

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-lies-and-subverts-democracy-to-push-his-anti-gun-agenda

Doing what they do best! Virtue signalling and throwing our hard earned tax dollars out the window just to add insult to injury. It would be inconceivable for them to actually go after criminals holding them accountable and risk marginalizing some communities, because that would be racist, so let's go after a non existent boogie man and throw lots of money at it instead! These changes are being rammed through, not being put to vote in parliament.

16 hours ago, мормышка said:

Bad guys always find a way to find and bring in "banned" weapons.

Once again the bad guys are laughing  .... spend another billion and put more cops on the beat  to get the bad guys , makes more sense .  Big trouble ahead......

"Survey" is another word for "fishing" ......   watch out you don't get "hooked".....

And they said gun owners were being paranoid when they said " Registration leads to Confiscation "  1500 different firearms to be banned??????  I would be interested in the list, I can only assume many are not even registered status presently , like an SKS, with the long gun registry gone , SUPPOSEDLY 😉, there is no record of the owners, I can only assume they is going to be mass non compliance.  Maybe even things like a different versions of Ruger 10-22 will make a list that long.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:28 PM, genec said:

Found this link to a gun ownership survey posted on the OOD website, and thought it a good idea, did the survey myself, and decided to post here for Niagara gun owners to participate in.

Special: Survey on What Guns Mean to Us

Noah Schwartz, a PhD candidate at Carleton University, is running a survey for his research on the attitudes and values of Canadian gun owners.

- Survey took about 5 minutes.
- Share as you see fit. (You can forward this e-mail.)

https://carletonu.az1.qualtrics.com/...lnqMIQyKpWciNv

edit : if you are smart don't even click on the link

The following is a link that covers all the banned guns (and parts), they have made it clear that they will expand the list as they see fit if they missed any. http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2020/2020-05-01-x3/html/sor-dors96-eng.html

I hear others including friends and family say the don't care because they don't have have a semi-auto rife, guess what, this was just the start. Anti-gun activists won't be happy until no one has a gun. I was watching CHCH news last night and they had a representative of Canadian Doctors for Protection from Guns, who said that this was a good first step to get guns out of homes and off the streets and to prevent suicides. The next step of their agenda he said is going to be more difficult which will be going after handguns and regular long guns.

All gun owners need to stick together and speak with one voice. Don't let them divide and conquer.

All gun owners need to stick together and speak with one voice. Don't let them divide and conquer. 👍

I doubt anybody will get to keep there newly prohibited guns thru the grandfather clause.

So we have the government separating us, shutting businesses down,taking our guns, not accepting hard currency ...anybody else getting a bad feeling here? 🤮

Wow !  That is a long long list !!  Firearm owners who see their model  will be looking for an "alternative" ......which will cause a lot of these "WMD" s   to go underground and cause "unseen"  havoc like we have never seen in this country .....When there wasn't even a parliamentary debate on this ,  we are moving closer and closer to communist rule ! 

Waiting to see what Mr. Ford has to say ....... 

A jaded opinion on this ...

Expect them to setup a snitch line for this as well, there is a snitch line for drinking and driving and they can come harass you a few hours after you got home, so heavens forbid you have a few beers when you get home.  There is a snitch line for social distancing ... what is one more snitch line when they are being used regularly ... except it would not surprise me to see this snitch line tied to something where the police don't need a warrant to search your property based on "a threat".  Jon the accountant is loaded into the backseat of a cruiser while his kids have no clue what is going on all because a neighbour feels vengeful.  Paranoid?  Maybe a little, but it will be coming with our Supreme Leader and how he wants to recreate his vision of Canada.

If they want to fix the gun crimes, make the punishment fit the crime, but instead of challenging the criminals and gangs, they for for the low hanging fruit that will make thousands criminals, and in turn names will be dragged through the mud and people harassed through social media accounts by the trolls.  Gun crimes take seriously, lock people up for years.  If you commit a violent robbery, there should be no getting out of prison for good behaviour ... but to do that we trample on the rights of others.

The sack of dead kittens we call a PM got in solely on the pot vote, even though there was no real plan.  The reelection was based on the fact that the conservatives picked the wrong person with some skeletons and because of Toronto.  Toronto hated Ford enough, they couldn't vote Conservative for the federal one.  This move appeals to the millions in Toronto who don't even understand what the outdoors actually are.

41 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

Ford is really being viewed in a more positive light across the board, hopefully even liberals can start buying into some common sense straight talk. 

Archived