Pike thread, post your pics of local Niagara pike

knightfisher

Gibson pike.
Was out this Am for about 2 hours and no signs of fish.
Threw out everything I had, nada. Talk about disappointing.
This evening, second cast with a white spinner bait, brought
in this 22 inch pike. Guessing with the heat the last few weeks
the pike have gone deeper.DSCN4143.JPG

On 7/23/2020 at 6:27 PM, мормышка said:

. I don't like handling pikes and muskie by the way. 😝

Go barbless , and I have these 12" needle nose pliers .....and rubber glove .......B)

59 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Nice gibby pike knightfisher. Maybe try at night just before it gets dark. 

WTG Dan .....   I got 2 carp in the deeper waters there .....pike should come into the shallows at dusk  . 

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

I don't like touching them because they stink with smell that lingers.

We have these masks .......   :rolleyes:

....and I know what you mean about "smelly"  fish . Pike have a distinctive odour and even small fish like smelts can easily be i.d, by smell . After a day of having  carp in my rubber net , I know well NOT to leave the net in my van in the heat !  I give the net some time to dry before leaving and carry a big leaf bag for it until I get home ....reverse the bag ,  hose both down and let dry in the shade .  (maybe some pretty smelling spray is in order) ...

• 2 weeks later...

Bluebird skies, mid afternoon.  Put a few casts in one area, and as the lure got close to me was about

to pull it out of the water and this gal took it. What a nice surprise. Was 32 inches.

DSCN4147.JPG

Walking the dogs along Gibby this AM, I brought my rod and believe it or not, caught this skinny 22incher on the first cast. That's a first for me.

thumbnail_20200610_102949_resized.jpg

DSCN4155.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, мормышка said:

Caught on a jib. What's a jib? Where do I buy one? :rolleyes:

Ya , the G & B are close together on the key board .... The boy looks like a young Bowen S. who I haven't seen in a long time . ...quite the angler / boat capt. !

....has been corrected in the paper today ....    B)

New to the forum, saw this thread and got excited. I do most of my fishing up at our cottage located on Kawigimog Lake, just south of the French River.

Although I am still learning where the fish are I have managed to learn some areas, and discovered areas to begin the season next year. I'll get one more shot at it this year at Thanksgiving but here is a smaller summer time pike I got this year. 

Chris

20200718_075920.jpg

34 minutes ago, chris77 said:

New to the forum, saw this thread and got excited. I do most of my fishing up at our cottage located on Kawigimog Lake, just south of the French River.

Although I am still learning where the fish are I have managed to learn some areas, and discovered areas to begin the season next year. I'll get one more shot at it this year at Thanksgiving but here is a smaller summer time pike I got this year. 

Chris

20200718_075920.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful pic

Hi Chris77 ...I'm Bill ,  also 77 !   B)  Welcome to the club !

We used to rent a cottage at Hartley bay  ( Bee Hive Camp ) at the mouth of the Wanapetei River ....good pike and walleye fishing there . ...lake right beside us there called Pike Lake , lots of fun tossing double white twisters at the weed beds !

Beauty lake your on !!  Must be good walleye fishing there as well .