Pike thread, post your pics of local Niagara pike

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of us guys and gals target pike, so lets see those pics.   Size does not matter. Always nice to see different markings of these toothie critters.

Today was a good day ... maybe a little too much sun.  Started just washing the lures, but then changed locations and had one that went for it but didn't get hooked.   An hour or two later a

A couple while crappie fishing out in Welland port

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well , the two pikateers were at it today !  The pike were really avoiding the canoe as they saw the smerch was there !!  The knightfisher hooked into a nice one on cast # 567  , a nice 26" er !  As I was approaching my 1000th cast after trying every lure in my arsenal , I finally hooked into one ....for a few seconds , and off it went (felt like a 20 lb.ski )

...still waiting for the shot I took for Mr. Knightfisher . ..... ( pike whisperer)  )   

Beauty day  , lots of wind , leaves on the water and beautiful colours !!

the pond fishing.jpg

12 hours ago, smerchly said:

Well , the two pikateers were at it today !  The pike were really avoiding the canoe as they saw the smerch was there !!  The knightfisher hooked into a nice one on cast # 567  , a nice 26" er !  As I was approaching my 1000th cast after trying every lure in my arsenal , I finally hooked into one ....for a few seconds , and off it went (felt like a 20 lb.ski )

...still waiting for the shot I took for Mr. Knightfisher . ..... ( pike whisperer)  )   

Beauty day  , lots of wind , leaves on the water and beautiful colours !!

the pond fishing.jpg

Do you guys eat the pike or just toss back? I was surprised this year at how much my wife and son liked the taste of pike while up at Nippising 

I eat some pike , they are very good eating , just need to clean them properly to rid of the "Y" bones on the sides . I have cut them into small pieces about 2 -3" and put them on the BBQ  either on a rack or kabobs with bacon ,etc. 

i like to eat them from 4-8 lbs the best .

44 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I eat some pike , they are very good eating , just need to clean them properly to rid of the "Y" bones on the sides . I have cut them into small pieces about 2 -3" and put them on the BBQ  either on a rack or kabobs with bacon ,etc. 

i like to eat them from 4-8 lbs the best .

When we went up to Nippising that was really all we were catching. Seem to be taking over up there. We all enjoyed them. Haven't fished much for them down here yet. 

Was nice on the water for sure. However, the gust of winds made for an interesting challenge controlling the sportspal from time to time.
Some of the white caps coming back from the grandstand area broke over the gunnels.
We pounded the various bays with our lures, but the pond for the  most part, refused to give up her bounty.
My bicep feels twice the size.
Was nice to get out with Smerch one last time before putting the canoe away.
Oh by the by, he forgot to mention the banana he brought on board....:tease:

:Gonefishing:

DSCN4230.JPG

Edited by knightfisher
1 hour ago, knightfisher said:
Was nice to get out with Smerch one last time before putting the canoe away.
Oh by the by, he forgot to mention the banana he brought on board....

I think it was after I ate the banana that I finally had a fish on the line !  It was a gorgeous day to be on the water , except for that wind . It will be nice when you install the new Lund seats Dan :rolleyes: .....my geezer legs are still numb ... 

Tyler .....the carp seem to like bananas , they look like a big corn ball to them .....

Time to dunk some of my 3" minnows under a float for more toothy  ones .....   :Gonefishing:

On 10/24/2020 at 5:04 PM, smerchly said:

time to dunk some of my 3" minnows under a float for more toothy  ones

Tried the large minnows and float rod today and the perch enjoyed my offerings  more .....

Pike ...zero .............Perch  4  .....this hungry dink nearly choked to death on the 4" minnow !!  lol

perch .minnow.jpg

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

Tried the large minnows and float rod today and the perch enjoyed my offerings  more .....

Pike ...zero .............Perch  4  .....this hungry dink nearly choked to death on the 4" minnow !!  lol

perch .minnow.jpg

When I first looked at it I thought you caught a new species (gar perch).  No pike but better then a skunk.