Boat Lauches Can Open

Its About Time

3 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

CHCH just said they will be enforcing things like.

17 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

Here in Hamilton they are not opening the boat ramps till June.

CHCH is a Hamilton TV Station , so is this for Hamilton or do other cities have their own rules ? 

20 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

this is Bull@$#%

Agree !

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i'm watching the news on Monday I better not see a 2km lineup at the boat launch.  Followed by video of 4 or 5 guys out in a 12 foot boat fishing.  There are a few boat ramps open and the rest of Ontario is seeing if we have learned to social distance yet.

Take it slow. Show em all were not a bunch of stubborn goof balls looking for loop holes and errors.  If you don't feel comfortable going out alone, stay in.  Go to the river if you are uncomfortable being alone.  Stay away from other boats.  Your opinion of how the virus spreads does not matter right now.  

If they close em up before I can get out with the wife the wife and kids i'm going to lose my mind.  We all want to go fishing and if we show we can do it they will realize we aren't the issue.

I'm begging you guys.

2 hours ago, Jeremy778 said:

When i'm watching the news on Monday I better not see a 2km lineup at the boat launch.  Followed by video of 4 or 5 guys out in a 12 foot boat fishing.  There are a few boat ramps open and the rest of Ontario is seeing if we have learned to social distance yet.

Take it slow. Show em all were not a bunch of stubborn goof balls looking for loop holes and errors.  If you don't feel comfortable going out alone, stay in.  Go to the river if you are uncomfortable being alone.  Stay away from other boats.  Your opinion of how the virus spreads does not matter right now.  

If they close em up before I can get out with the wife the wife and kids i'm going to lose my mind.  We all want to go fishing and if we show we can do it they will realize we aren't the issue.

I'm begging you guys.

You are allowed to go out with the wife and kids...they just dont want people from different households mingling...no issues right now of people from under the same roof....if it gets shut down again it wont be from the members on here✌

Please realize that the delays for opening some facilities are simply an issue of logistics. A lack of available manpower or equipment, on short notice, to make things happen. Most parks and rec departments postponed their seasonal and student hires. It takes time to get things rolling.

2 hours ago, bigugli said:

Please realize that the delays for opening some facilities are simply an issue of logistics. A lack of available manpower or equipment, on short notice, to make things happen. Most parks and rec departments postponed their seasonal and student hires. It takes time to get things rolling.

Then I assume we can park elsewhere and walk in to fish ?    🤔

I see guys wearing these while fishing from boats for the last decade ....did they know something we didn't know ?  How effective would they be for the  c-19  ?   They are multi purposed to cover you face  , head (doo rag) and can be conveniently worn around the neck for quick "bank jobs"   :ph34r:

https://www.vova.com/Neutral-Outdoor-Head-Scarf-Neck-Windproof-Face-Mask-Sun-Protection-SN1538382195771647249351335-g2652852-m3552992

31 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I see guys wearing these while fishing from boats for the last decade ....did they know something we didn't know ?  How effective would they be for the  c-19  ?   They are multi purposed to cover you face  , head (doo rag) and can be conveniently worn around the neck for quick "bank jobs"   :ph34r:

https://www.vova.com/Neutral-Outdoor-Head-Scarf-Neck-Windproof-Face-Mask-Sun-Protection-SN1538382195771647249351335-g2652852-m3552992

If it were possible for virus to float in the air, a mask would be like keeping mosquitos out of your yard with chain link fence.

22 hours ago, мормышка said:

If it were possible for virus to float in the air, a mask would be like keeping mosquitos out of your yard with chain link fence.

I  have seen so many ways people are making their own masks ,  some using socks .  If this virus can penetrate home made masks , are any masks safe ?   How about slipping a coffee filter under these masks ?  When buying a "shop" mask for sanding wood , etc , they are not recommended for other uses such as gases from wood glue , etc.  My take on wearing masks for c-19 is it "helps " but not 100% .  

10 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I  have seen so many ways people are making their own masks , some some socks .  If this virus can penetrate home made masks , are any masks safe ?   How about slipping a coffee filter under these masks ?  When buying a "shop" mask for sanding wood , etc , they are not recommended for other uses such as gases from wood glue , etc.  My take on wearing masks for c-19 is it "helps a bit" but not 100% .  

Check your PM.

1 minute ago, FishingDayz said:

Can anyone find anywhere that’s it’s clear who you can have in your boat!  I have heard only ppl in same household but have also heard charters are going out with 5 ppl max.  So confusing 

Ask your municipality heads as they are the ones who would dictate to what a by-law officer can fine and not fine.

On 5/15/2020 at 11:44 AM, fredfisher said:

Until I hear something official ,I’ll be boating solo unless my kid comes with.Hopefully I get pulled over on the water and I can hear what the authorities have to say about the situation...did I just say that????

Got out on the lower this morning..blockade was off to the side at queenston..mine was first boat down there but there ..was 4 shore anglers there,time 05:30. Nailed two lakers(20 lbs each) and an eye @2 lbs.When I got back to the parking lot,09:30, it was deserted except for my rig and another truck/trailer...and a parks cop. Queenston ramp is closed! Some turd moved the blockade and pulled a steel gate off! After getting my ID ran and a safety compliance audit I was able to leave without a ticket.Im glad the officer was understanding.

social distancing does not matter as JWL1 has posted...occupants must have same address.

Cop believes queenston ramp closed to keep smelt anglers out..shoulder to shoulder fishing like.

2 parks cops

1 NRP

2 tow trucks

1 US border patrol unit 

6F4CBB21-6C12-49A9-9F35-BB3FF27E6D5E.jpeg

They are currently saying only people from same household in a boat. Best to adhere to that to keep the launches open. (not to mention yours and others safety) I don't believe that there are any charters operating at least legally.  Remember they are saying max gathering of 5 non related people all following social distancing guidelines. If a business can't follow social distancing guidelines then they can't open. 

I was talking to someone that says he thinks he may have had it a couple of weeks(in hindsight, but who knows), didn't stay home from work and is out fishing today with someone else.

My daughter who works at the grocery store says she has heard from other coworkers that customers have come through their lines saying they had to stock up as going into quarantine for two weeks because a family member is sick.

If there is another flare up because people become too lax, we will be back to square one again, with everything closing down fast.

The topic of fishing from a boat or fishing in general has been beaten to death. My son and I were out this morning from shore, 14 cats and one rudd. Driving home and passing a golf course that was extremely busy opened my eyes as guys were shoulder to shoulder in carts...I wonder how many were from the same household, just saying.

40 minutes ago, fredfisher said:

Got out on the lower this morning..blockade was off to the side at queenston..mine was first boat down there but there ..was 4 shore anglers there,time 05:30. Nailed two lakers(20 lbs each) and an eye @2 lbs.When I got back to the parking lot,09:30, it was deserted except for my rig and another truck/trailer...and a parks cop. Queenston ramp is closed! Some turd moved the blockade and pulled a steel gate off! After getting my ID ran and a safety compliance audit I was able to leave without a ticket.Im glad the officer was understanding.

social distancing does not matter as JWL1 has posted...occupants must have same address.

Cop believes queenston ramp closed to keep smelt anglers out..shoulder to shoulder fishing like.

2 parks cops

1 NRP

2 tow trucks

1 US border patrol unit 

6F4CBB21-6C12-49A9-9F35-BB3FF27E6D5E.jpeg

That's crazy Fred! Glad they understood that you weren't aware what happened. Look at all the resources tied up because some jackass decided to open up the launch themselves. Hopefully they identify them and make an example of them. It's stuff like this that will end up screwing us all! The parks commission opened the majority of their launches, this one one of the few they didn't because they figured it was a difficult one to control from a social distancing aspect, etc. 

Couple of boats with fishing gear just drove by my place, I would guess they are looking for Forans.  Anyone own a Smoker Craft with a Merc 75 or a Mirrocraft with a 60 ???  😂

I made the round trip this morning ...first to Jordan via Bailey Bridge ....conservation park was open with several cars parked , people unloading yaks etc. Then off to CDP  ...still barricaded up to the nines !   Not a soul to be seen ! 

Except millions of bugs  !!  While going east I could see these "black clouds"  ahead . They were swarming like a murmur of birds all over the place . My silver car looks like a black sedan , windshield and grill area covered with these gnats ....good for the little fish and birdies ....! 

The Beacon parking lot was a zoo !  Crammed tight with vehicles and trailers ....could see a few boats on the clear blue water off Jordan . The nice weather has brought out the people from their cocoons and I'm guessing most ramps were busy .

check out the clouds of bugs off the service road ....there were many more of them as I drove at 80k  . I stopped for this shot facing west from CDP ......

bugs.jpg

3 hours ago, FishingDayz said:

Heard there were a ton of black flies up near Jordan 

Probably these same gnats that look like clouds FishingDayz . I've never seen black flies there but there would be some around . You have to watch out for ticks there too . 

21 hours ago, smerchly said:

Then I assume we can park elsewhere and walk in to fish ?    🤔

When it comes to local government assume nothing. I know St Catharines did pull down some of the barriers and signs.

Archived