Incident early Saturday morning at jordan boat launch

toaster

If you going that early, its always a good ide to bring a fishing partner, I am sure many guys would love to go on a boat with someone for a morning of fishing.  I remember my fishing buddies would always ask me to go fishing with them on the boat since its much safer with two people...  

14 hours ago, steelshady said:

its much safer with two people.

Yes  !  One guy would have a chance to grab a paddle , etc. & clobber the s.o.b . !

47 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

How does this guy not go to jail? I’m sure it won’t be his last time doing it. No punishment so why not. 

Too many meth , crack junkies out there for the cops to keep up . Going back over 20 years ago, the house next door to my son's house , was a well known crack house as were many other houses in the area .....  We don't see many arrested ....until someone dies .  We all know about the needles found all over parks ....and fishing holes .  We are losing the battle on drugs .....and the governments gave it up when they legalized pot ...a starting drug for many of today's young people....expect more....

That drug maniac should be in a steel cage for 6 months min. ( without his Bobby McGee)

Beware ....  fishing at night ?  Have a bat handy .....   🦇

See and my wife calls me crazy for packing my machete for when I go carping at sundown and into the night. I bring it for the potential coyote encounter as I’ve ran into them in the past getting a little brazen. But just the other night leaving rennie park about 10pm with my oldest boy we encountered a group of about 6 boys hanging out at the park drinking and smoking and yelling at us as we walked past being obnoxious and I had the machete in hand. Times are changing and it’s scary. 

Three years ago I found a small pipe in a plastic bag with some weed under some shrubs near the monuments in the park  .  Kids are starting to do drugs & booze younger and sadly , some will move on to the needles .... They seem to like doing drugs at parks , near water .  A long time friend started with weed , then got into some pills ....jumped into the canal to catch a ride with a passing ship and drowned ....nice guy , but drugs took his mind .....

Norton ....not a good idea to fish solo after dark these days ....be careful , they aren't afraid of the law either ...

9 hours ago, DNorton said:

See and my wife calls me crazy for packing my machete for when I go carping at sundown and into the night. I bring it for the potential coyote encounter as I’ve ran into them in the past getting a little brazen. But just the other night leaving rennie park about 10pm with my oldest boy we encountered a group of about 6 boys hanging out at the park drinking and smoking and yelling at us as we walked past being obnoxious and I had the machete in hand. Times are changing and it’s scary. 

The key is to never look like a victim.

I used to fish the 12 Mile  for bass , cats and carp . Fishing solo can be dangerous there now,  since it's a hangout for the dopers ....and "other" things . An elderly woman was beaten & raped there recently ( got the perv in custody )  Best not to go alone ,anytime . Many cyclists run the trails in groups . Times have changed over the years , and not for the better ! 

We never locked our doors ,back when....even left keys in the car , and didn't lock our bikes ....what happened ?? 

(  impotent legal system...revolving doors... $$$  )

....looks like the rest of July will be HOT ....all temps over 30 C.  I need to take a pee sample to the vet tomorrow  (near Port)  so I'll drop a line at  Rennie for a couple hours ....  11 am -1 pm approx.

7 hours ago, smerchly said:

I used to fish the 12 Mile  for bass , cats and carp . Fishing solo can be dangerous there now,  since it's a hangout for the dopers ....and "other" things . An elderly woman was beaten & raped there recently ( got the perv in custody )  Best not to go alone ,anytime . Many cyclists run the trails in groups . Times have changed over the years , and not for the better ! 

We never locked our doors ,back when....even left keys in the car , and didn't lock our bikes ....what happened ?? 

....looks like the rest of July will be HOT ....all temps over 30 C.  I need to take a pee sample to the vet tomorrow  (near Port)  so I'll drop a line at  Rennie for a couple hours ....  11 am -1 pm approx.

One of these days I’ll catch the elusive Smerch fishing and get to put a face to a name. Until then goodluck smerch! 

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

Bill, don't you have a family doctor?

1 hour ago, Bubba14 said:

Bill, don't you have a family doctor?

HA !  My dog Maggie just finished up her bladder infection pills (14 days) . I tried to get a sample this morning but she squatted in some wet flowers & contaminated the pee  with water !   I use a lid from a jar with a hacksaw blade taped to it to slide under her tush as I only have 1" of clearance !! lol

4 hours ago, DNorton said:

One of these days I’ll catch the elusive Smerch fishing and get to put a face to a name. Until then goodluck smerch! 

Thanks  !  If you spot my tan colour Astro van I 'm not too far off  (NFN sticker on the back). I want to try a rig I made today ....yellow floating  corn on the hair with maize for chum . Hoping the weather holds out ...supposed to get thunder storms tomorrow.

Archived