Cougar sighting in Niagara

https://totimes.ca/mountain-lion-spotted-in-niagara-region/

Looks like another cougars been spotted in the area. Saw this article after spending 4 days camping at Chippewa conservation in Wellandport. Thought it was a racoon that stole the cookies. Lol. Be careful hunting as always. 

Wiith Niagara now having moved to stage three, there is bound to be increased couger sightings especially after dark throughout the Niagara Region. Us old guys should be safe but any young fellas had better be on guard. Ok if you are properly equipped to bag one however if you are inexperienced in such pursuits, you could easily be the victim of a unprovoked Couger attack!  As well,  you have to be careful driving in NIagara area especially after dark as cougers typically don't move very fast wearing high heals.

In the 1990’s I used to hunt a farm just NE of Fonthill, and the owner swore that there was one in the forested gullies north of his farm.

There are also incidences of escaped cats in Niagara over the years.  Several years ago one of the students in my class who lived in Dain City showed me a cell phone photo of a black panther chasing wild turkeys behind his property.

Archived