Carp bait

Tyler0420

I have access to 1300kg of rolled oats. I use them for my packbait. Does anyone want any? It comes in 11kg bags. There’s nothing wrong with them. The recipe at work is discontinued so we’re throwing them out. You could also eat them if you don’t fish with it. Free to a good home.

1300 Kilo's ???   That's 3000 lbs !!   ....a good dump truck fully loaded !!!! 

I will need to buy 500 cans of peaches & cream for 25 lbs of oats  LOL

What is the best way to store it to keep it fresh  ? 

I would like to give a bag a good home thanks ! 

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

1300 Kilo's ???   That's 3000 lbs !!   ....a good dump truck fully loaded !!!! 

I will need to buy 500 cans of peaches & cream for 25 lbs of oats  LOL

What is the best way to store it to keep it fresh  ? 

I would like to give a bag a good home thanks ! 

I keep it in a cool dry place.  Heck I still use some that been sitting IN The back of my truck for a few months. I don’t think it goes bad. There’s no moisture in it or very little. 

I use about 25lbs a season. 

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

Donate to some kind of animal rescue? Aside from horses, what else would eat oats?

Wilford Brimley !   ....and me !   I eat oat cereals most mornings ....like Life cereal or cooked Quaker oats ...."It's the right thing to do ! "   ( and topped with a sliced banana )   🐎🐵

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

Wilford Brimley !   ....and me !   I eat oat cereals most mornings ....like Life cereal or cooked Quaker oats ...."It's the right thing to do ! "   ( and topped with a sliced banana )   🐎🐵

We’ll meet up soon smerch and I’ll bring you a bag.  My gf cooks the oats and adds berries,nuts etc.  

9 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

We’ll meet up soon smerch and I’ll bring you a bag.  My gf cooks the oats and adds berries,nuts etc.  

I was just thinking about a trip to the nut house (Bulk Barn) to get some stuff , and oats ....but I don't like going there and have  an attendant ( 6' from me )  asking what I want & doing the scooping & bagging for me  . Standing in a line , alcoholizing my hands , wearing gloves and mask .....I have been getting my nuts a Wally's Nut house lately  in sealed packages.

Lets do the 12 some time , it's a little different fishing in the current ....use cheap rigs ! haha

And I want to do a day at Jordan ....more big piggies in there ! 

On 8/28/2020 at 12:37 PM, Tyler0420 said:

What’s up Monday?  I can fish till 2ish

I'm going to roll up a few corn bags for the 12 tomorrow . I like using them in the current ....quick re-baits using them and easy to add a small float bead inside .  I'll let you know how it goes ......or  a trip to Jordan may be a good alternative Monday .   (east winds)

Jordan today .....busted !     Water viz. 1" , lots of bait fish breaking the surface with a few "larger " swirls . Tried 2 spots , one deeper than the other ....one quick hit and gone .....

Same result as my last trip there ......    :skunk:

I sat beside a buddy , only 4 feet from me....thought it was injured , but it was soon diving right beside my corn bags .

Also had a run in with an older couple about 60 ish ....each paddling a yak .....coming towards my line in the water (after lots of chumming) As they approached I stood up , grabbed my rod, held it up for them to observe and they paddled right over my line , 20 ft. from shore !!   I was fuming !  I said to the "gentleman"   " DIDN'T YOU SEE ME HOLDING MY FISHING ROD WHILE YOU PADDLED OVER MY LINE ?? !!! No response ......  Then I kindly said "  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ??  !!!   ....as they paddled away ......   :wacko:  Some peoples kids  !!!    :wall:

But I felt better after that !    :D

Cormorant Friend.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 3/18/2021 at 11:04 AM, Tyler0420 said:

Anyone want some oats?

Next time we meet up I'll take another bag Ty .  We have a solid week of nice warm temperatures ( 50 -60*F) . That should get the fat gals moving .  I have few new spots to try and want to introduce them to my cuisine with some of  mashed concoctions ... 

Looking good Tyler !  Tomorrow , we welcome in the first day of spring and it will be a beauty day and the rest of the week too !!   I'll probably get out Monday  to try my luck at one of 3 spots (might have to draw straws )  I usually check wind direction to help decide .......

Here's the official time when we can welcome in the new season ...... Cheers !   :Gonefishing:  

WHEN IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING?

In 2021, the March equinox happens on Saturday, March 20, at 5:37 A.M. EDT. In the Northern Hemisphere, this date marks the start of the spring season.

We could always chip in on a pig... fatten it up on some good ole fashioned oats for a couple months..and roast that sucker up all day on a bank somewhere..good excuse to get up early..start the smoker first light...and kick it back for the day....when wifey poo calls wondering when you will be home....then you can say you will have to be a couple more hours....shore lunch isn't quite done cooking yet...mmmmmm

20200516_173957.jpg

Archived