Stolen carp spot

knightfisher

With a nice gps tracking device attached to his van, the use of  satellite imagery, and of course a handy drone, was able

to find one of Smerch's secret spots. Didn't see a lot of action, but Joe and I did get this little 9 pounder.

You can trust me Bill, I'll keep this spot to myself, unless bribed with a nice chunk of money :tease:

DSCN4174.JPG

Ah ...I recognize that little grassy landing pad ....and I recognize that carp ...it jumped over my rod the other day ! 

I saw the chopper going over me ....3 times ....taking photos, collecting info , zooming in on my rigs  !  (Actually dropping coon /fox anti rabies baits)

Ten to one Joe caught it !  :P

• 3 weeks later...

Back to the scene of "the crime" ..... while on a "shroom" mission , I took my carp gear along for the ride , tried a couple of spots , but nothing much happening . Water was a tad murky and at a very high level ,,,had a few bumps & one hard hit that lasted 2 seconds . It was a great day to be out ...much cooler plus a little rain . A few carp were jumping but not on the feed .

This cormorant was about 100 yds .from me and held it's wings in this position for over 5 minutes ....maybe just drying out after chasing the bait fish in there .....the other picture I took as I like  the reflection on the water from those dark heavy clouds ......

....no fish....no shrooms.... back to the drawing board.... :read:

corm.jpg

gib.jpg

On 10/4/2020 at 7:26 PM, Tyler0420 said:

Nice cloud pic smerch. Where are these carp at?

They are in there Tyler but as knighfisher said,  they are keeping their distance away from me. (heard me cough)

My wife got groceries last night , only a few people in the store , and I noticed she bought a can of cream corn ....I'm out of cream corn , so I stole it ...  nice days ahead .....    :Gonefishing:...:P

13 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’m starting at baiting campaign on the grand so hopefully it will pay off. Only time will tell. 

I made up some " oat/cream corn/maize balls at home ,about the size of lemons , with just enough moisture to hold them together and wrapped tightly in a zip bag and refrigerated overnight .... First thing I do when I get to my swim is fire out a few of them to chum the bottom .They break apart as they sink into 10 fow.(no current) ....or I can use the pva bags .Then I'll toss about a cup of maize , scattering it over a larger area .....then wait for about an hour for the action to happen . ....adding a couple more balls & maize throughout the next few hours . There are other smaller fish that will join the feast and peck away at my maize/hair rig .....   

Some spots are chummed by other people so it pays to  fish "carp spots"  , they may be waiting for your offerings .

1 minute ago, мормышка said:

Too much chum could sour a location, no? Unless current.

Kind of like under "permanent" ice huts on say Lake Simcoe. Salted minnows initially may be ok for attracting fish but too much, not so good I would imagine.

Carp can consume a lot of food and hopefully tell their friends and family to join the feast ....Thanksgiving is just around the corner .....Hopefully the carp will be "puttin on the fat" as the water cools for the winter . I heard chumming for carp through the ice requires very little chum . 

Archived